RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Dallas Wings 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 9:37 pm    ::: Dallas Wings 2019 Reply Reply with quote

We end the year the exact same way we ended last season. 1st rd playoff exit. We have a very very important offseason coming up. I have no idea where to start. Well getting a coach would be 1st. Micheal Cooper? Eric Thibault? Let the moves begin! #5 Pick should be useful i hope. Oh yeah im still a #WFFL



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8980



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure Cooper is really what you need, but he might be good for Cambage if she comes back. Erika had her best season under Cooper, and he did help Liz Williams develop as well.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18676



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

really comes down to whether Cambage comes back. I'm leaning slightly towards her returning. With her returning I see them drafting Durr at #5. They also need a back-up PG. Do they invite Chong back?

PG: Diggins-Smith/???
SG: Gray/Durr/Davis
SF: Thornton/Christmas-Kelly
PF: Stevens/Johnson
C: Cambage/George/Plaisance



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1.Hire a HC-My top 4 options are:

E.Thibault
C.Ross
J.Plank
B.Winters


2.Core Glory...Then trade her for Copper and Ndour….or to Minn for 1st rd pk and Fagbenie,Jones or Zandalasini(1 of the 3)

3.Make Stevens the starting PF.

4.Move Thornton back to the bench.

5.Draft KLS,Durr or Collier.

6.Shop Davis and Gray.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
1.Hire a HC-My top 4 options are:

E.Thibault
C.Ross
J.Plank
B.Winters


2.Core Glory...Then trade her for Copper and Ndour….or to Minn for 1st rd pk and Fagbenie,Jones or Zandalasini(1 of the 3)

3.Make Stevens the starting PF.

4.Move Thornton back to the bench.

5.Draft KLS,Durr or Collier.

6.Shop Davis and Gray.


Im going to invest in your post seeing as though we know this team the best here. Im not sold on Ross as she let Candace run her out of town in less than 2 yrs. Plank hasnt been a HC in decades not sure about her as an option. Winters is interesting i never though about Lurch but he could get some discipline out of our team so he wouldn't be bad. My #1 option is Eric #2 Coop #3 Marianne Stanley. Draft wise the one player that can make an impact right away for our team is in your trio of players. Ill wait til lottery to unveil who i want though. Shades is lurking Laughing I think we can get more for Glory if we trade with the right team. I do like Glory for Jones but i doubt they give up CeCe. Fagbenle ill pass on maybe Jones & Next Yrs 1st Rder for Johnson? Still a bit Iffy. Shopping davis has already happened this year. The market wasn't good for her value within the organization's minds. Im sure they will revisit some of the offers that were on the table before deadline expired. Gray is another interesting player. Shop her yes but to where? NY? Who do they have that we need other than Tina? Laughing ........Exactly Maybe Gray to LA for Vadeeva? Idk i havent had time to let this season sink in and evaluate. Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 18676



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Biiiiiii*ch im done with her. Im taking my DM on instagram back. I just don't have the patience for this type of shit. Rebbys Go in im not defending this bullsh*t anymore goodnight america!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
1.Hire a HC-My top 4 options are:

E.Thibault
C.Ross
J.Plank
B.Winters


2.Core Glory...Then trade her for Copper and Ndour….or to Minn for 1st rd pk and Fagbenie,Jones or Zandalasini(1 of the 3)

3.Make Stevens the starting PF.

4.Move Thornton back to the bench.

5.Draft KLS,Durr or Collier.

6.Shop Davis and Gray.


Im going to invest in your post seeing as though we know this team the best here. Im not sold on Ross as she let Candace run her out of town in less than 2 yrs. Plank hasnt been a HC in decades not sure about her as an option. Winters is interesting i never though about Lurch but he could get some discipline out of our team so he wouldn't be bad. My #1 option is Eric #2 Coop #3 Marianne Stanley. Draft wise the one player that can make an impact right away for our team is in your trio of players. Ill wait til lottery to unveil who i want though. Shades is lurking Laughing I think we can get more for Glory if we trade with the right team. I do like Glory for Jones but i doubt they give up CeCe. Fagbenle ill pass on maybe Jones & Next Yrs 1st Rder for Johnson? Still a bit Iffy. Shopping davis has already happened this year. The market wasn't good for her value within the organization's minds. Im sure they will revisit some of the offers that were on the table before deadline expired. Gray is another interesting player. Shop her yes but to where? NY? Who do they have that we need other than Tina? Laughing ........Exactly Maybe Gray to LA for Vadeeva? Idk i havent had time to let this season sink in and evaluate. Laughing







1.Expectations got Ross fired IMO.She won 24 games in back to back seasons then got fired during her 3rd season after hovering around the .500 mark.The biggest mistake Ross/Toler made was signing A.Harrington and not retaining at least one of their 3 point specialist(O'Hea,Coleman)..

2.I’m not all that high on Coop.He was very underwhelming in Atlanta.Very knowledgeable man,but too laid back.Similar to Coach Williams.Coop Gives his players lots of freedom on offense.I don’t think that’s what this Wings team needs,especially when you have a scoring point guard.

3.Marianne Stanley is 64 years old and has only been HC for two seasons...In 2002 Stanley led the Mystics to a 17-15 record and won COY….In 2003 the Mystics went 9-25...Stanley went back to being a Asst Coach…...Stanley reminds me off Holly Warlick(Life long Assistant)

4.I’d still take Plank > Taj/Phillips.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."



For the ones who think she wants OUT of Dallas.
Quote:
I love this team. I've loved my time in Dallas. I'm heartbroken that it's come to an end.
"I'm going to miss seeing these girls every day and that little taste, it makes me want more. It makes me want to do more. It makes me want to do better. It makes me want to be better with my team."



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
1.Hire a HC-My top 4 options are:

E.Thibault
C.Ross
J.Plank
B.Winters


2.Core Glory...Then trade her for Copper and Ndour….or to Minn for 1st rd pk and Fagbenie,Jones or Zandalasini(1 of the 3)

3.Make Stevens the starting PF.

4.Move Thornton back to the bench.

5.Draft KLS,Durr or Collier.

6.Shop Davis and Gray.


Im going to invest in your post seeing as though we know this team the best here. Im not sold on Ross as she let Candace run her out of town in less than 2 yrs. Plank hasnt been a HC in decades not sure about her as an option. Winters is interesting i never though about Lurch but he could get some discipline out of our team so he wouldn't be bad. My #1 option is Eric #2 Coop #3 Marianne Stanley. Draft wise the one player that can make an impact right away for our team is in your trio of players. Ill wait til lottery to unveil who i want though. Shades is lurking Laughing I think we can get more for Glory if we trade with the right team. I do like Glory for Jones but i doubt they give up CeCe. Fagbenle ill pass on maybe Jones & Next Yrs 1st Rder for Johnson? Still a bit Iffy. Shopping davis has already happened this year. The market wasn't good for her value within the organization's minds. Im sure they will revisit some of the offers that were on the table before deadline expired. Gray is another interesting player. Shop her yes but to where? NY? Who do they have that we need other than Tina? Laughing ........Exactly Maybe Gray to LA for Vadeeva? Idk i havent had time to let this season sink in and evaluate. Laughing







1.Expectations got Ross fired IMO.She won 24 games in back to back seasons then got fired during her 3rd season after hovering around the .500 mark.The biggest mistake Ross/Toler made was signing A.Harrington and not retaining at least one of their 3 point specialist(O'Hea,Coleman)..

2.I’m not all that high on Coop.He was very underwhelming in Atlanta.Very knowledgeable man,but too laid back.Similar to Coach Williams.Coop Gives his players lots of freedom on offense.I don’t think that’s what this Wings team needs,especially when you have a scoring point guard.

3.Marianne Stanley is 64 years old and has only been HC for two seasons...In 2002 Stanley led the Mystics to a 17-15 record and won COY….In 2003 the Mystics went 9-25...Stanley went back to being a Asst Coach…...Stanley reminds me off Holly Warlick(Life long Assistant)

4.I’d still take Plank > Taj/Phillips.


So we agree that Eric is #1 priority? #2 a toss up between Ross/Plank/Cooper although your idea of Winters has struck a nice interest in me. Possibly a great 2nd option.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol


Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/22/18 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

So we agree that Eric is #1 priority?


+1


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Being a Wings fan is too emotionally draining for me....I don't think I can do this for another season.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3241
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love for Cambage to return next season. She was the brightest star in a league full of stars this season.



_________________
FEAR THE DEER!
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8308
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Watching Camabge in the post game conference saying all this live just says one thing to me "BS shes not coming back" this is just her frustration talking. It didnt even sound genuwine Laughing. Sorta rehearsed .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Watching Camabge in the post game conference saying all this love just says one thing to me "BS shes not coming back" this is just her frustration talking. It didnt even sound genuwine Laughing. Sorta rehearsed .


I wouldn't be surprised if her anti-WNBA comments were also contrived(An excuse not to show up next season]


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 5072



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Watching Camabge in the post game conference saying all this love just says one thing to me "BS shes not coming back" this is just her frustration talking. It didnt even sound genuwine Laughing. Sorta rehearsed .


I wouldn't be surprised if her anti-WNBA comments were also contrived(An excuse not to show up next season]


I think you all have got it backwards.

She is emotional and speaks her mind and her mind changes a lot based on those emotions. I believe she completely means it in the moment that she wants to come back, and I believe when she is down on the W, can't believe what she gets paid, is frustrated with the physicality and craapy travel and missing her family she also means it when she says she isn't coming back.

You will have to wait until probably late April before you know for sure. I love Liz in the W and hope she returns but won't put too much stock into any quotes this week, in December, half way through her season in China. Similar to this season she will probably give the team a heads p one way or the other in Spring.


basketballologist



Joined: 05 Aug 2013
Posts: 238



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Gary Kloppenburg
2. Carol Ross
3. Gail Goestenkors


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8980



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of the names tossed out so far Eric T. sounds like the best bet. The rest of them are all pretty much over the hill or lifelong assistants. Of course as this season showed - an assistant coach is a gamble. The results could be anywhere between Katie Smith and Nicki Collen. The past 4 AC's promoted to HC (that I can remember) are Miller, Collen, Stocks and Smith. So basically it's a coin toss on how they turn out.

Another wrinkle on the Liz drama - maybe she realize that Erin is highly replaceable if she doesn't come back so she keeps hope alive to help her out.

One thing for sure - if I'm Liz I want to see what this team does with its coach hire and FA moves before deciding.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 58680
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So basically it's a coin toss on how they turn out


I believe "crapshoot" is the league approved term for the uncertainty surrounding new coaches.



_________________
It's time I had some time alone
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8980



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
So basically it's a coin toss on how they turn out


I believe "crapshoot" is the league approved term for the uncertainty surrounding new coaches.


Well I think coin toss is better. A crapshoot could have any result. In this case we had 2 COY's and 2 WCOY candidates. It's sort of a binary outcome. Laughing


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7332



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stocks has been a HC for 2 seasons,Smith for 1...I think we should give them 3 years before we come to a conclusion on how good or bad they are.




Last edited by zune69 on 08/22/18 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8980



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stocks has been a HC for 2 seasons,smith for 1...I think we should give them 3 years before we come to a conclusion on how good or bad they are.


That's fair for measuring coaches and there is no proof a coach who does well in the first season will end up doing that well in the following years or vice versa. However, it seems to me the Wings already have the talent (esp. if Liz comes back) and need to be a winner asap. So they need to get a coach that can improve them next season mainly through better defense. I think they need a proven coach if they can find one.


hyperetic



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 5138
Location: Fayetteville


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/24441236/liz-cambage-dallas-wings-weighing-return-wnba-2019

Quote:
In the wake of the Dallas Wings' first-round loss to the Phoenix Mercury on Tuesday night, center Liz Cambage said she might be playing in the WNBA next season after all.


Quote:
"I want to be here talking about a win next year," Cambage said. "I want to be here. I want a ring."


Biiiiiii*ch im done with her. Im taking my DM on instagram back. I just don't have the patience for this type of shit. Rebbys Go in im not defending this bullsh*t anymore goodnight america!


Wait... Whaaaaa?!!! Did I read that correctly. You're not defending her anymore? Not tryna be funny just really surprised...
#Occasionalwnbafan



Joined: 01 Mar 2012
Posts: 1377



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas needs a 3rd scorer, someone who can step up and go off, Durr would be a good pick, but I think Durr and Ogunbowale will go 3 and 4 in the draft. LouConn or Mabrey would be my pick at 5, for a team who can sometimes use a fire lit under them, someone like Mabrey who plays with a lot of moxie would fit the team well.
Diggins-Smith/Davis/ draft pick
Mabrey/Gray
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
Stevens/Trade
Cambage/George/Plaisance
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 51002



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Dallas needs a 3rd scorer, someone who can step up and go off, Durr would be a good pick, but I think Durr and Ogunbowale will go 3 and 4 in the draft. LouConn or Mabrey would be my pick at 5, for a team who can sometimes use a fire lit under them, someone like Mabrey who plays with a lot of moxie would fit the team well.
Diggins-Smith/Davis/ draft pick
Mabrey/Gray
Christmas-Kelly/Thornton
Stevens/Trade
Cambage/George/Plaisance


You may want to keep these proposals from Cambage’s eyes, or else she may be done with the team for good. Wink

You really rank Mabrey up there with KLS and think she could be a starter right away? I’m doubting she can even hold onto a bench spot. I got her in the late second round at this point. We’ll see how McGraw uses her. Now watch.... Reeve will probably draft her.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin