RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

League Pass - Playoffs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 08/21/18 1:41 pm    ::: League Pass - Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

Hey everyone, going to get the League Pass just for playoffs (It's 4.99), but wanted to know if anyone has been able to cast it to the Roku.

I see that it can cast over with Chromecast and Apple TV, but wondering if I could do it in other ways.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/21/18 2:08 pm    ::: Re: League Pass - Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Hey everyone, going to get the League Pass just for playoffs (It's 4.99), but wanted to know if anyone has been able to cast it to the Roku.

I see that it can cast over with Chromecast and Apple TV, but wondering if I could do it in other ways.

I have a Roku TV but have been unable to figure any way to cast League Pass to the TV.

Another issue you might need to consider - ESPN games are usually blacked out on LP - but are available shortly after the game. If you don't have ESPN then maybe there isn't a blackout - I don't know for sure.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/18 2:14 pm    ::: Re: League Pass - Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:

I use chrome cast , simple and easy . Launches from my phone to Big Screeen and can still navigate phone as if its not .

PostPosted: 08/21/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, all good info. I don't mind watching it delayed. I don't currently have ESPN so I'm okay with looking at it on the computer.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/21/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what it's worth, a VPN that makes their servers think you're outside the US might let you watch it live. ESPN games are available on League Pass for me in the UK.

PostPosted: 08/21/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

League Pass for the playoffs seems like a new thing to me. In the past, League Pass didn’t handle playoffs.... they’re all on the ESPN family of channels.

I don’t know if they’ll archive playoff games unless you pay for the extra service. I assume that would go for international fans as well.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/21/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
League Pass for the playoffs seems like a new thing to me. In the past, League Pass didn’t handle playoffs.... they’re all on the ESPN family of channels.

I don’t know if they’ll archive playoff games unless you pay for the extra service. I assume that would go for international fans as well.

League pass had all playoff games archived last season as well . Just not live due to rights.

PostPosted: 08/21/18 4:41 pm    ::: Re: League Pass - Playoffs Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

I have a Roku TV but have been unable to figure any way to cast League Pass to the TV.

Another issue you might need to consider - ESPN games are usually blacked out on LP - but are available shortly after the game. If you don't have ESPN then maybe there isn't a blackout - I don't know for sure.

I actually purchased the Orange package of Sling TV this summer (through Amazon Fire) to get ESPN when I discovered the ESPN games were blocked on LP. You can cancel Sling at any time, no contract, so you could get it for the playoff period ($25).

I use Chromecast to cast the LP games to the TV.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: