RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan just seems like the easy choice here.

She can be the rim protector and take the bigger opponent on defense. And stay out of the way and get rebounds on offense. Put backs and hand offs from Wilson should get her 10 points a game without ever needing to get a play called for her. Oh and Harrison for Copper that works for both teams

Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Copper
Young/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
McCowan/Swords/Park

AFO

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.

It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
McCowan just seems like the easy choice here.

She can be the rim protector and take the bigger opponent on defense. And stay out of the way and get rebounds on offense. Put backs and hand offs from Wilson should get her 10 points a game without ever needing to get a play called for her. Oh and Harrison for Copper that works for both teams

Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Copper
Young/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
McCowan/Swords/Park

Indeed... I've always been a fan of the big lineups rather than the 3-guard ones that Dan Hughes was so famous for running effectively with the former SAS.. Especially in the current climate with the superteams all having great post combos.. A’ja Wilson is an excellent post, but unfortunately, in this climate, if you're trying for a Championship... is not enough. Confused

But, opinions may change after the NCAAs, and of course, Laimbeer is famous for making great trades, so who knows? There's also the new factor of players possibly wanting to play in Las Vegas, which is an asset yet to be mined.. Idea Too early, I say...

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:

It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?

On a related note, I was tempted to buy this auction and make the guy root for the Aces... Twisted Evil

Hey, I spent about the same money to play HORSE with Lauren Jackson, so why not? Razz Arrow

Quote:
A disgruntled New York Knicks fan auctioned off his fanhood for $3,450 and will spend the coming season rooting for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Lifelong Knicks fan Evan Perlmutter, 33, put his NBA allegiance up for sale last week on eBay under an auction titled, "Infuriated New York Knicks fan has had enough, selling my fanhood."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24506646/disgruntled-new-york-knicks-fan-auctions-fanhood-3450

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:

Yep, that’s a way worst nightmare than what Pokey’s going through right now. Surprised

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:

It is possible?

Did I say repetitive?

You are really, really, really on a roll J-Spoon. Laughing

Last edited by Randy on 08/29/18 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:

It is possible?

Did I say repetitive?

You are really, really, really on a role J-Spoon. Laughing

Laughing Laughing AFO probably grinning in pokey's face today Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/29/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nvm

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/29/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I like Ionescu but am not as enamored with her as everyone on here seems to be.

Make that two of us. However, I might take Ionescu over Brown and McCowan because I'm even less enamored of them . . . as of now.
Cooper2009

PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown will be a good get. McCowen would be a good fit for this particular tram. All they need is a rebounder who is willing to bang, so that Wilson doesn’t have to, and score off of putback. McCowen would be perfect for that role. Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.

The core of Plum/McBride/Wilson needs another year or two and they will push for a title. Add in a rim protecting, rebounding, big. And a sf capable of shooting the rock and defending.... team could be fun soon. With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands

PostPosted: 08/30/18 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
McCowan would be a good fit for this particular team. All they need is a rebounder who is willing to bang, so that Wilson doesn’t have to, and score off of putback. McCowan would be perfect for that role.

I love seeing some wisdom on the forum. What they need is a younger, taller, more imposing version of Swords. Probability of failure is low if Laimbeer goes in this direction.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.

Maybe they could do a presidential package of Harrison/Jefferson, or maybe they just keep them for some quality depth. With Harrison, it’s hard to say what’s going on. Has she been really sick? Is it something she can overcome to return to basketball? Does she even want to return to basketball? Evidently she felt it was important to finish up her masters while she’s been out. It’s hard to factor her in on anything until we learn more, which may not be until February.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Add in a rim protecting, rebounding, big. And a sf capable of shooting the rock and defending

That’s always a tough one. With the SF, usually you only get one or the other, a great shooter or great defense, with great defense probably being a bit rarer. The Maya’s don’t grow on trees. Looks like Laimbeer leans towards defense, although it does seem Young is always a bit underrated scoring-wise.

Cooper2009 wrote:
With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands

I guess the Lynx need to switch to Allstate, so they get their good hands back.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 08/30/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is not even worth a #1 pick Laughing they’d be better off picking the best player and figuring out the rest later. You don’t “need” to pick a post player just because she is tall. For those that actually watch games, McCowan does not have many skills, and doesn’t have enough range on her jumper to not get in Aja’s way. She’s also not a very good passer. Also, the days of having “twin towers” are behind us. The four teams still playing for a WNBA championship utilize spacing. Of the four, only the Mercury have a starter that’s over 6’7, and even then they surrounded her with four shooters. Seattle has Stewie and Howard, both players are versatile and can step out to the perimeter. Atlanta has Breland and Williams, both are 6’3, and Breland has a reliable and consistent jumper. And Washington’s starting center is LaToya Sanders. She is also only 6’3 but is very versatile and mobile.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/30/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cooper2009 wrote:
With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands

I guess the Lynx need to switch to Allstate, so they get their good hands back.

I'm not sure if Seattle getting a DPOY/MVP caliber superstar for nothing counts as a robbery, and thus the Lynx would be covered by Allstate, since Reeve willingly gave her away.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 08/30/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:

It is possible?

Did I say repetitive?

Heh.

You could dangle (publicly) anyone from 1 to 11, for their 2 to 12. And/or the Tina swap for the #1 + pieces.

You know you wanna ...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
McCowan is not even worth a #1 pick Laughing they’d be better off picking the best player and figuring out the rest later. You don’t “need” to pick a post player just because she is tall. For those that actually watch games, McCowan does not have many skills, and doesn’t have enough range on her jumper to not get in Aja’s way. She’s also not a very good passer. Also, the days of having “twin towers” are behind us. The four teams still playing for a WNBA championship utilize spacing. Of the four, only the Mercury have a starter that’s over 6’7, and even then they surrounded her with four shooters. Seattle has Stewie and Howard, both players are versatile and can step out to the perimeter. Atlanta has Breland and Williams, both are 6’3, and Breland has a reliable and consistent jumper. And Washington’s starting center is LaToya Sanders. She is also only 6’3 but is very versatile and mobile.

McCowan just needs to rebound and put back shots that come off the rim . Being worth a #1 pick or not thats what LV needs ASAP. Figuring out the rest later will have them in the lottery again next season .

PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

McCowan just needs to rebound and put back shots that come off the rim . Being worth a #1 pick or not thats what LV needs ASAP. Figuring out the rest later will have them in the lottery again next season .

At #1, you take best available, period. McCowan is far from that. Brown would be a much better choice. It’d probably be wise to trade down if Ionescu doesn’t declare.

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 08/30/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cooper2009 wrote:
Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.

Maybe they could do a presidential package of Harrison/Jefferson, or maybe they just keep them for some quality depth. With Harrison, it’s hard to say what’s going on. Has she been really sick? Is it something she can overcome to return to basketball? Does she even want to return to basketball? Evidently she felt it was important to finish up her masters while she’s been out. It’s hard to factor her in on anything until we learn more, which may not be until February.

According to an article linked in the Las Vegas Aces 2018 thread, Harrison is dealing with an autoimmune illness. So yes, she would likely be able to return to basketball...if she wants to.

Seattle Reign player Yael Averbuch is being treated for ulcerative colitis--last season (she was with a different team), she played through a serious flare up.

Venus Williams has been playing with Sjogren's Syndrome for several years.

Autoimmune illnesses are chronic, so such a diagnosis typically means being on immunosuppressants and/or other medications for the rest of one's life. Depending on how long it took to get diagnosed, how effective the treatment is, and how she deals with the treatment will determine how difficult it will be to return to basketball. But if she really wants to, she should be able to. I can't imagine any teams willing to trade for her, though, without knowing how much she wants to return and seeing her play again.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/31/18 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 #1’s plus Young, McBride, Hamby and Swords. Wow, the pressure is really on for Laimbeer. I think Aces ownership will look at 24 wins at a minimum and expect a trip to the finals. His seat could get very hot with any extended losing streak.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/31/18 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
3 #1’s plus Young, McBride, Hamby and Swords. Wow, the pressure is really on for Laimbeer. I think Aces ownership will look at 24 wins at a minimum and expect a trip to the finals. His seat could get very hot with any extended losing streak.

LOL woah i dont see that happening at all. A playoff team for sure but a finals trip in the 2nd year is a bit premature . Shocked

PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My two cents on McCowan. I've watched her. She's not terribly offensively skilled and I get that she needs work. But she's also not just tall. She can run and she can cover ground in the paint in just a few strides. At a listed 6'7" 238 you'd be getting close to an unparalled amount of physical talent. She doesn't run like Boyd, but when you look at her height/weight and see the agility and ability to run the floor...my first thought is she's made for the defensive 3-second rule. Even on offense she'll average close to 10 a game just on layups and putbacks. Stokes did well with that as a rookie and she's 30-40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter.

Things that she doesn't do well...like footwork...could be coached by someone like Laimbeer. Since they have shooters like Plum and McBride it's not as though spacing is outside their realm. Durr can't play the 3 and Bill is on record as wanting to limit McBride's time there. Plus Coffey played well before she got hurt. LV has a desperate need for rim protection. Unless Ionescu declares (you don't pass up generational players in favor of need) there's no player who vastly exceeds McCowan's value anyway.

PostPosted: 09/02/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:

My Cousin Vinny. Hilarious movie indeed. I think the Liberty thread will win out though you would be more than welcomed back in New York to be a part of it.

PostPosted: 09/03/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/03/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
My two cents on McCowan. I've watched her. She's not terribly offensively skilled and I get that she needs work. But she's also not just tall. She can run and she can cover ground in the paint in just a few strides. At a listed 6'7" 238 you'd be getting close to an unparalled amount of physical talent. She doesn't run like Boyd, but when you look at her height/weight and see the agility and ability to run the floor...my first thought is she's made for the defensive 3-second rule. Even on offense she'll average close to 10 a game just on layups and putbacks. Stokes did well with that as a rookie and she's 30-40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter.

Things that she doesn't do well...like footwork...could be coached by someone like Laimbeer. Since they have shooters like Plum and McBride it's not as though spacing is outside their realm. Durr can't play the 3 and Bill is on record as wanting to limit McBride's time there. Plus Coffey played well before she got hurt. LV has a desperate need for rim protection. Unless Ionescu declares (you don't pass up generational players in favor of need) there's no player who vastly exceeds McCowan's value anyway.

I haven't seen those two things. She's about the slowest up the floor of any big in college ball that I've seen.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 09/03/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is a sloth running up the court.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: