RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
Brown is too slow for the Aces and McCowan is not smart enough for Bill Laughing Laughing

Kara Braxton's entire career says hi.


Oh damn...I busted out laughing with this reply.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?


If I were Bill, she would stay. She's a steady Eddie and you know just what you'll get from her. Plus she's had her best years playing for Bill.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?


According to Medgal, both her and Bone are signed for next year, but whether they are guaranteed contracts is anybody's guess.

They might have the cap space to eat a big contract, but it'd be better to sucker somebody, err I mean, facilitate a trade.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would try to facilitate Bone somewhere but that would be hard to do.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice pic, myrtle. Razz Mr. Green


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Nice pic, myrtle. Razz Mr. Green


yeah thanks Rolling Eyes well at least she's improved her game in her old age.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Silky Johnson



Joined: 29 Sep 2014
Posts: 895



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/21/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
What ultimately is your point? That Staley is a bad coach? Wouldn't it be easier just to come out and say that?

The point is that I'm here for these jokes, and suggesting that Staley was holding Wilson back at SC struck me as funny. Sorrynotsorry for not using the Sarcasm font.

But then, you responded to me like you thought I was being serious, so I said to myself, "Okay, I guess we're doing this, then..."



_________________
Professional Hater. The Baron of #HateHard
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?


If I were Bill, she would stay. She's a steady Eddie and you know just what you'll get from her. Plus she's had her best years playing for Bill.


I should clarify. I'm hoping Carolyn Swords stays with the team.
Youth Coach



Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Posts: 4385



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
So wait, everyone thinks Carolyn Swords is gone?


If I were Bill, she would stay. She's a steady Eddie and you know just what you'll get from her. Plus she's had her best years playing for Bill.


I should clarify. I'm hoping Carolyn Swords stays with the team.
FrozenLVFan



Joined: 08 Jul 2014
Posts: 1048



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords was useful, particularly towards the end of the season. She's probably the best on the team at setting screens and picks. I would favor keeping her, particularly as a mentor to Park, whom I think has a good future, and to McCowan/Brown. Bone, OTOH, didn't contribute much overall except as a warm body off the bench.




Last edited by FrozenLVFan on 08/22/18 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Harrison returns next season, Laimbeer will have a log jam in the post. Wilson, #2 pick, Swords, Harrison, Hamby, Park & Bone. Bone's gone, that's the easy one. Does he look to trade Hamby? Harrison? The Liberty could use either one.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe he goes with Harrison at the 5. Kind of like Mystics and Storm.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Harrison returns next season, Laimbeer will have a log jam in the post. Wilson, #2 pick, Swords, Harrison, Hamby, Park & Bone. Bone's gone, that's the easy one. Does he look to trade Hamby? Harrison? The Liberty could use either one.


Hopefully Bone doesn’t have a guaranteed contract. It became apparent she lost the center battle. If it is guaranteed, like I said above, sucker somebody (Reeve?) into a trade. Laimbeer probably wants one of those later round draft picks back. He only has one pick in the whole draft now.

Hamby plays the perimeter a lot and can be used as a SF. Otherwise she may be a trade piece too.

Top trade candidates
Bone
Jefferson (if she’d rather not be a backup for a young PG)
Hamby
Coffey


Grab McCowan in the draft and get into the catbird’s seat.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be willing to bet both Swords & Bone were given one year contracts. Swords should return, Bone not so much.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'd be willing to bet both Swords & Bone were given one year contracts. Swords should return, Bone not so much.


You’re saying Megdal’s database is wrong? Most people are worshipping that thing.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/22/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
A'ja Wilson definitely benefits from the defensive three seconds rule


In addition, Wilson was double and triple teamed in the lane in college a lot more than in the W.

As to Azura Stevens, I don't think she was played out of position at UConn, whatever that means. Stevens floated between the 5, 4 and 3 depending on where the ball was and what the defense was doing. So did Collier, Williams and Samuelson. That's the nature of Geno's often a-positional, read-and-react motion offense, which is different from any W coach and most other college coaches. You have to have very talented, multi-skilled players to implement such an offense, which is rare in FBB.
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Ionescu declares, does Vegas take her or go for one of the bigs? He could start Ionescu-Plum-McBride.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
If Ionescu declares, does Vegas take her or go for one of the bigs? He could start Ionescu-Plum-McBride.



Yes ............no question.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20694
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As is invariably the case with #1 - take the best player, sort the rest out later.

It'd be interesting to see what Laimbeer does with Plum and Jefferson if he does get Ionescu, but you don't pass just because you might have to shuffle other things around.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG: Ionescu/Jefferson
SG: Plum/Young
SF: McBride/Coffey/Nared
PF: Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
C: Swords/Park



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
PG: Ionescu/Jefferson
SG: Plum/Young
SF: McBride/Coffey/Nared
PF: Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
C: Swords/Park


Still a glaring whole at C.....some type of package would have to be offered afterwards. Jefferson & Coffey for ?



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Ionescu but am not as enamored with her as everyone on here seems to be.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
PG: Ionescu/Jefferson
SG: Plum/Young
SF: McBride/Coffey/Nared
PF: Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
C: Swords/Park


Still a glaring whole at C.....some type of package would have to be offered afterwards. Jefferson & Coffey for ?


That would be hole. But perhaps wholly a hole.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan just seems like the easy choice here.

She can be the rim protector and take the bigger opponent on defense. And stay out of the way and get rebounds on offense. Put backs and hand offs from Wilson should get her 10 points a game without ever needing to get a play called for her. Oh and Harrison for Copper that works for both teams

Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Copper
Young/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
McCowan/Swords/Park


AFO



Joined: 19 Dec 2017
Posts: 11



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/28/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?


Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
McCowan just seems like the easy choice here.

She can be the rim protector and take the bigger opponent on defense. And stay out of the way and get rebounds on offense. Put backs and hand offs from Wilson should get her 10 points a game without ever needing to get a play called for her. Oh and Harrison for Copper that works for both teams

Plum/Jefferson
McBride/Copper
Young/Coffey/Nared
Wilson/Hamby
McCowan/Swords/Park




Indeed... I've always been a fan of the big lineups rather than the 3-guard ones that Dan Hughes was so famous for running effectively with the former SAS.. Especially in the current climate with the superteams all having great post combos.. A’ja Wilson is an excellent post, but unfortunately, in this climate, if you're trying for a Championship... is not enough. Confused

But, opinions may change after the NCAAs, and of course, Laimbeer is famous for making great trades, so who knows? There's also the new factor of players possibly wanting to play in Las Vegas, which is an asset yet to be mined.. Idea Too early, I say...



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
Admiral_Needa



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 9632
Location: Tiburon, CA


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?




On a related note, I was tempted to buy this auction and make the guy root for the Aces... Twisted Evil

Hey, I spent about the same money to play HORSE with Lauren Jackson, so why not? Razz Arrow



Quote:
A disgruntled New York Knicks fan auctioned off his fanhood for $3,450 and will spend the coming season rooting for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Lifelong Knicks fan Evan Perlmutter, 33, put his NBA allegiance up for sale last week on eBay under an auction titled, "Infuriated New York Knicks fan has had enough, selling my fanhood."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24506646/disgruntled-new-york-knicks-fan-auctions-fanhood-3450



_________________
2002 WNBA Virtual GM Overall Winner
2006 WNBA Triple Threat Overall Winner
2007 NBA ESPN Fast Break Overall Winner
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


Yep, that’s a way worst nightmare than what Pokey’s going through right now. Surprised



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?


You are really, really, really on a roll J-Spoon. Laughing




Last edited by Randy on 08/29/18 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?


You are really, really, really on a role J-Spoon. Laughing



Laughing Laughing AFO probably grinning in pokey's face today Laughing Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8608



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nvm


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/29/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I like Ionescu but am not as enamored with her as everyone on here seems to be.


Make that two of us. However, I might take Ionescu over Brown and McCowan because I'm even less enamored of them . . . as of now.
Cooper2009



Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 13
Location: Atlanta


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown will be a good get. McCowen would be a good fit for this particular tram. All they need is a rebounder who is willing to bang, so that Wilson doesn’t have to, and score off of putback. McCowen would be perfect for that role. Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.

The core of Plum/McBride/Wilson needs another year or two and they will push for a title. Add in a rim protecting, rebounding, big. And a sf capable of shooting the rock and defending.... team could be fun soon. With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands



_________________
Nared.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper2009 wrote:
McCowan would be a good fit for this particular team. All they need is a rebounder who is willing to bang, so that Wilson doesn’t have to, and score off of putback. McCowan would be perfect for that role.


I love seeing some wisdom on the forum. What they need is a younger, taller, more imposing version of Swords. Probability of failure is low if Laimbeer goes in this direction.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.


Maybe they could do a presidential package of Harrison/Jefferson, or maybe they just keep them for some quality depth. With Harrison, it’s hard to say what’s going on. Has she been really sick? Is it something she can overcome to return to basketball? Does she even want to return to basketball? Evidently she felt it was important to finish up her masters while she’s been out. It’s hard to factor her in on anything until we learn more, which may not be until February.

Cooper2009 wrote:
Add in a rim protecting, rebounding, big. And a sf capable of shooting the rock and defending


That’s always a tough one. With the SF, usually you only get one or the other, a great shooter or great defense, with great defense probably being a bit rarer. The Maya’s don’t grow on trees. Looks like Laimbeer leans towards defense, although it does seem Young is always a bit underrated scoring-wise.

Cooper2009 wrote:
With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands


I guess the Lynx need to switch to Allstate, so they get their good hands back.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1109



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is not even worth a #1 pick Laughing they’d be better off picking the best player and figuring out the rest later. You don’t “need” to pick a post player just because she is tall. For those that actually watch games, McCowan does not have many skills, and doesn’t have enough range on her jumper to not get in Aja’s way. She’s also not a very good passer. Also, the days of having “twin towers” are behind us. The four teams still playing for a WNBA championship utilize spacing. Of the four, only the Mercury have a starter that’s over 6’7, and even then they surrounded her with four shooters. Seattle has Stewie and Howard, both players are versatile and can step out to the perimeter. Atlanta has Breland and Williams, both are 6’3, and Breland has a reliable and consistent jumper. And Washington’s starting center is LaToya Sanders. She is also only 6’3 but is very versatile and mobile.


SpaceJunkie



Joined: 10 Sep 2012
Posts: 3517
Location: Minnesota


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cooper2009 wrote:
With them, the sun, and the emergence of Seattle’s new core the W is in good hands


I guess the Lynx need to switch to Allstate, so they get their good hands back.


I'm not sure if Seattle getting a DPOY/MVP caliber superstar for nothing counts as a robbery, and thus the Lynx would be covered by Allstate, since Reeve willingly gave her away.


5thmantheme



Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 393



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.


It is possible?

But you need a little more misfortune and a much more committed, homegrown, neurotic and repetitive fan base.

Did I say repetitive?


Heh.

You could dangle (publicly) anyone from 1 to 11, for their 2 to 12. And/or the Tina swap for the #1 + pieces.

You know you wanna ...


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
McCowan is not even worth a #1 pick Laughing they’d be better off picking the best player and figuring out the rest later. You don’t “need” to pick a post player just because she is tall. For those that actually watch games, McCowan does not have many skills, and doesn’t have enough range on her jumper to not get in Aja’s way. She’s also not a very good passer. Also, the days of having “twin towers” are behind us. The four teams still playing for a WNBA championship utilize spacing. Of the four, only the Mercury have a starter that’s over 6’7, and even then they surrounded her with four shooters. Seattle has Stewie and Howard, both players are versatile and can step out to the perimeter. Atlanta has Breland and Williams, both are 6’3, and Breland has a reliable and consistent jumper. And Washington’s starting center is LaToya Sanders. She is also only 6’3 but is very versatile and mobile.


McCowan just needs to rebound and put back shots that come off the rim . Being worth a #1 pick or not thats what LV needs ASAP. Figuring out the rest later will have them in the lottery again next season .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
TotalCardinalMove



Joined: 13 Oct 2013
Posts: 1109



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
McCowan is not even worth a #1 pick Laughing they’d be better off picking the best player and figuring out the rest later. You don’t “need” to pick a post player just because she is tall. For those that actually watch games, McCowan does not have many skills, and doesn’t have enough range on her jumper to not get in Aja’s way. She’s also not a very good passer. Also, the days of having “twin towers” are behind us. The four teams still playing for a WNBA championship utilize spacing. Of the four, only the Mercury have a starter that’s over 6’7, and even then they surrounded her with four shooters. Seattle has Stewie and Howard, both players are versatile and can step out to the perimeter. Atlanta has Breland and Williams, both are 6’3, and Breland has a reliable and consistent jumper. And Washington’s starting center is LaToya Sanders. She is also only 6’3 but is very versatile and mobile.


McCowan just needs to rebound and put back shots that come off the rim . Being worth a #1 pick or not thats what LV needs ASAP. Figuring out the rest later will have them in the lottery again next season .


At #1, you take best available, period. McCowan is far from that. Brown would be a much better choice. It’d probably be wise to trade down if Ionescu doesn’t declare.


bcdawg04



Joined: 12 Apr 2016
Posts: 316
Location: Seattle


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/30/18 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cooper2009 wrote:
Package Harrison/Coffey/Hamby for a SF only giving up Harrison if extremely necessary. (Copper, Thornton, Davis) Let Plum continue to emerge and let this team grow together.


Maybe they could do a presidential package of Harrison/Jefferson, or maybe they just keep them for some quality depth. With Harrison, it’s hard to say what’s going on. Has she been really sick? Is it something she can overcome to return to basketball? Does she even want to return to basketball? Evidently she felt it was important to finish up her masters while she’s been out. It’s hard to factor her in on anything until we learn more, which may not be until February.


According to an article linked in the Las Vegas Aces 2018 thread, Harrison is dealing with an autoimmune illness. So yes, she would likely be able to return to basketball...if she wants to.

Seattle Reign player Yael Averbuch is being treated for ulcerative colitis--last season (she was with a different team), she played through a serious flare up.

Venus Williams has been playing with Sjogren's Syndrome for several years.

Autoimmune illnesses are chronic, so such a diagnosis typically means being on immunosuppressants and/or other medications for the rest of one's life. Depending on how long it took to get diagnosed, how effective the treatment is, and how she deals with the treatment will determine how difficult it will be to return to basketball. But if she really wants to, she should be able to. I can't imagine any teams willing to trade for her, though, without knowing how much she wants to return and seeing her play again.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/31/18 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 #1’s plus Young, McBride, Hamby and Swords. Wow, the pressure is really on for Laimbeer. I think Aces ownership will look at 24 wins at a minimum and expect a trip to the finals. His seat could get very hot with any extended losing streak.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/31/18 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
3 #1’s plus Young, McBride, Hamby and Swords. Wow, the pressure is really on for Laimbeer. I think Aces ownership will look at 24 wins at a minimum and expect a trip to the finals. His seat could get very hot with any extended losing streak.


LOL woah i dont see that happening at all. A playoff team for sure but a finals trip in the 2nd year is a bit premature . Shocked



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12408



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/31/18 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My two cents on McCowan. I've watched her. She's not terribly offensively skilled and I get that she needs work. But she's also not just tall. She can run and she can cover ground in the paint in just a few strides. At a listed 6'7" 238 you'd be getting close to an unparalled amount of physical talent. She doesn't run like Boyd, but when you look at her height/weight and see the agility and ability to run the floor...my first thought is she's made for the defensive 3-second rule. Even on offense she'll average close to 10 a game just on layups and putbacks. Stokes did well with that as a rookie and she's 30-40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter.

Things that she doesn't do well...like footwork...could be coached by someone like Laimbeer. Since they have shooters like Plum and McBride it's not as though spacing is outside their realm. Durr can't play the 3 and Bill is on record as wanting to limit McBride's time there. Plus Coffey played well before she got hurt. LV has a desperate need for rim protection. Unless Ionescu declares (you don't pass up generational players in favor of need) there's no player who vastly exceeds McCowan's value anyway.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12408



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/02/18 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AFO wrote:
Is it possible that we can challenge the Liberty thread for most posts this year? OMG... what a f..in nightmare, to quote my favorite movie.



My Cousin Vinny. Hilarious movie indeed. I think the Liberty thread will win out though you would be more than welcomed back in New York to be a part of it.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49319



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote




_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23110



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
My two cents on McCowan. I've watched her. She's not terribly offensively skilled and I get that she needs work. But she's also not just tall. She can run and she can cover ground in the paint in just a few strides. At a listed 6'7" 238 you'd be getting close to an unparalled amount of physical talent. She doesn't run like Boyd, but when you look at her height/weight and see the agility and ability to run the floor...my first thought is she's made for the defensive 3-second rule. Even on offense she'll average close to 10 a game just on layups and putbacks. Stokes did well with that as a rookie and she's 30-40 pounds lighter and 4 inches shorter.

Things that she doesn't do well...like footwork...could be coached by someone like Laimbeer. Since they have shooters like Plum and McBride it's not as though spacing is outside their realm. Durr can't play the 3 and Bill is on record as wanting to limit McBride's time there. Plus Coffey played well before she got hurt. LV has a desperate need for rim protection. Unless Ionescu declares (you don't pass up generational players in favor of need) there's no player who vastly exceeds McCowan's value anyway.


I haven't seen those two things. She's about the slowest up the floor of any big in college ball that I've seen.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 09/03/18 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCowan is a sloth running up the court.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin