RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:27 pm    ::: Las Vegas Aces 2019 Reply Reply with quote

Aces was one of the surprises of the season. A'ja Wilson exceeded most people's expectations and will be the ROTY and McBride will be a candidate for MIP. Plum came on strong at the end of season. What do with the Jefferson and Plum backcourt is still a question that has to be answered sooner or later. Coach Laimbeer was more comfortable with playing Wilson at the 4 spot, so I assume that will continue especially if the Aces are in position to draft centers McCowan or Brown.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 08/20/18 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brown is too slow for the Aces and McCowan is not smart enough for Bill Laughing Laughing

Shmermerer1

PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think they pick Katie Lou Samuelson. Their needs are a wing and a center. But I think a 6’3 3pt sharp shooter is too hard to pass up. Brown and McGowan have a lot of question marks.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree for the Aces but if you could make that 6' 7" player McBrown and combine them, then there could be a player there. Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adding in McCowan or Brown, plus a guard at #16 should boost the Aces into the playoffs for 2019. Jefferson is a FA, so it'll be interesting if she's an Ace next year. If not, they hold on to L. Allen. Also curious if Harrison will be back. Bone & Swords go elsewhere.

PG: Plum/Jefferson or L. Allen
SG: McBride/#16 pick
SF: Young/Nared/Coffey
PF: Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
C: lottery pick/Park

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You think Bill just wants to make the play offs Embarassed Not me this dude is the ultimate competitor. He is not willing to wait for a project like those Bigs who are not quick enough to react in the Aces offense. The Aces are close to being a team like the Storm who could be up there competing now. The journeyman galoots as Glenn called them won't do it for him Wink

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Brown is too slow for the Aces and McCowan is not smart enough for Bill Laughing Laughing

Kara Braxton's entire career says hi.

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think a lot depends on what Bill sees in Park. If he thinks she could be an elite player in 2-3 years, maybe he trades down in the draft and passes on the two bigs. Otherwise, one of the bigs would be hard to pass on.

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally based on their play last year, I think Brown is considerably better than someone like McGee-Stafford for instance and has more upside. I think she can get up and down the court as well or better than some of the starting 5's in the league...and would be a huge upgrade to Bone, who is next to worthless. McCowan is more like Kara Braxton IMO - big, a bit clunky, slow, lacking footwork and doesn't appear to be overly bright...but that could be unfair. We will get to see a whole season of their play this year and perhaps it will become clearer.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

Since when has Laimbeer ever favored smart players?

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Since when has Laimbeer ever favored smart players?

good point, his Detroit team were certainly not the highest IQ players on the planet....though I think both Plum and McBride are relatively smart overall and Aja is certainly basketball smart.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/20/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well there is a level of dumbness that is not tolerable Laughing

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harrison should be back, she posted a video on IG working out. I think Park will be improc d and Brown/McCowen will give more/coonsistently than Bone/Swords.

Plum was showing very nicely towards the end of the season. Jefferson should be healthy.

Plum/Jefferson/Allen or #16
McBride/Jefferson
Young/Nared/Coffey
Wilson/Harrison
Park/Lottery/Bone or Swords

#16 can be a big guard. They have some leeway with Nared improving, Coffey improved/healthy and Young playing the way she did this year.

Plum/Jefferson/McBride should be/is a strong guard rotation and only growing stronger.

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Aces get the #1/#2 pick...they should consider trading down.

#1/#2 pick to Chi. for Dolson,Copper & the #3 pick.

#1/#2 to NY for Stokes,Nurse,Hartley & the #4 pick.

Brown & McCowen will be good,but i don't see them reaching the level of Fowles,Griner or Cambage.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/20/18 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill's always going to be open to anything, but his three best players are essentially 22, 24 and 26. No harm in adding another young piece that's going to peak along with them - especialy if it's a 3 or a 5, the obvious places to patch on this roster. And this is the last time they'll be expecting to draft this high in the near future. I think it takes a very good offer to get him to give it up.

Of course, the lottery 'holding to form' would actually give Indiana the #1 pick and Vegas the #2...

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not a big McCowan fan but I think the reviews in this thread are a little harsh. Also I think she is a good fit next to Wilson can protect the rim, get rebounds and doesn't really need a lot of offense, put backs and dish offs from Wilson should get her 10 points a night without having a single play run for her. Throw in a couple of passes into the low post and McCowan should get to double digits easy.

I don't think Jefferson lasts until training camp. She is not a Laimbeer type and with the emergence of Plum and L. Allen in his back pocket I see Jefferson getting traded.

Yes she was ahead of Allen in the depth chart when she got back, but I don't think getting into the playoffs was a high priority, and coach wanted to see what she had, see her alongside Plum and show that she is healthy to other teams. A good season over-seas and Jefferson gets traded probably not at her value but for something OK. Also she is not a RFA it is the Loyd, Zahui B class that is entering RFAs, the Stewart Jefferson class hits in 2020.

There are also some grad transfers and red shirt player I could see Laimbeer taking a chance on in the 2nd round T'ea Cooper, S. Calhoun, Caldwell, Martin, all have a shot at upping their stock next season season. I could also see him like Mabrey or Cunningham if they are still there.

Wait LV traded their second round pick to PX so will have to get even more experimental in the 3rd round

Last edited by J-Spoon on 08/20/18 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If the lottery odds hold to form,and the Aces get the #1 pick...they should consider trading down..

If the odds hold to form, the Fever would get the #1 pick.

zune69 wrote:
#1 pick to Chi. for Dolson,Copper & the #3 pick..

That’s pretty creative. Sounds an awful lot like the Delle Donne trade package.

zune69 wrote:
#1 to NY for Stokes,Nurse,Hartley & the #4 pick..

Brown & McCowen will be good,but i don't see them reaching the level of Fowles,Griner or Cambage.

If Brown & McCowan are only “good”, why are the Liberty paying a king’s ransom for the #1 pick? Are you looking out for the Aces (or the Fever) and looking to screw over the Liberty?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/20/18 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

Of course, the lottery 'holding to form' would actually give Indiana the #1 pick and Vegas the #2...

My mistake...I edited my post.

Shades wrote:

If the odds hold to form, the Fever would get the #1 pick.

Read the above comment.

Shades wrote:
That’s pretty creative. Sounds an awful lot like the Delle Donne trade package.

Chicago drafted Coates with the pick they got from Washington....Vegas would be in position to draft Durr,Samuelson or Collier

Shades wrote:
If Brown & McCowan are only “good”, why are the Liberty paying a king’s ransom for the #1 pick? Are you looking out for the Aces (or the Fever) and looking to screw over the Liberty?

New york is desperate for a center...Vegas could sweeten the deal by sending the Liberty Harrison & Nared.

Vegas pick,Harrison and Nared for Stokes,Nurse,Hartley and NY's pick.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/20/18 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

So does Mama Taj's as well. Along with Tasha Humphrey , Barb Farris amd Ayanna Walkers.

PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were many detractors on this board that did not believe A'ja Wilson was going to become an incredible player in the WNBA. She proved those detractors wrong her rookie season. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/21/18 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

New York is desperate for a center

Yeah, but they already have “good” centers. They want a difference-making center. At the price you were suggesting, it should be a franchise center.

zune69 wrote:
Vegas could sweeten the deal by sending the Liberty Harrison & Nared.

That’s a whole lot of sweetening, but if Laimbeer was silly enough to pass on a young center of the future, he’s probably going to want to keep Harrison. Why not keep both Harrison and the young center of the future? Now we’re talking, Laimbeer. I don’t think Laimbeer wants to experiment with a bunch of new pieces that may or may not fit his system. He just needs that one key piece of the puzzle.

Now if you can come up with a simple Jefferson trade idea, I think that might be on more of the right track.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 08/21/18 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bill does not have the #16 pick. Nor does Vegas have a third round pick. This explains it better than I could. https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/trades/

This is why I think it's likely they'll go with McCowan. I think Park shows promise, but Bone and Swords are not going to get them a championship, ever. They can't afford to squander their only pick on another position player and not address their center inadequacies, unless they can package a trade. And I don't see Harrison being dealt either, for this same reason and the question marks about her health.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Post of the week ...

PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

Post of the week ...

Yes, for the young folks out there who have never seen Braxton play this young lady had a TON of talent. On any given game day when all her synapses were firing this woman was unstoppable.
She just didn't have many good to great games.
She was like an early poor man's version of Liz Cambage.

PostPosted: 08/21/18 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
There were many detractors on this board that did not believe A'ja Wilson was going to become an incredible player in the WNBA. She proved those detractors wrong her rookie season. Laughing

There were more than many detractors on this board that did not believe Diamond Deshiedls was going to become an incredible player in the WNBA. She proved those detractors wrong her rookie season as well. Cool

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: