Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 05/16/19 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
The winner of this trade will be determined on whether Cambage shows up after this season.

Unless the Aces win it all this year

They have a lot of young pieces. And Cambage isn't easy to coach. I see them being a contender, but Washington seems to have the depth and overall better roster than Las Vegas.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 05/16/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Cambage isn't easy to coach.

Name one capable WNBA coach that has coached Cambage.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/16/19 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

She's whined and complained and been a clubhouse cancer in China and Australia too

PostPosted: 05/16/19 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Vegas in the same position Dallas were in last year heading into the season as title favorites. Luckily they have a championship caliber coach to get results.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Oh so you're saying that Sandy Brondello is incapable?
I guess she should have swept the Lynx Dynasty out of the 2014 playoffs rather than just beating them, but that still seems harsh.

zune69

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Vegas in the same position Dallas were in last year heading into the season as title favorites. Luckily they have a championship caliber coach to get results.

They also have an MVP caliber player and all-star shooting guard. I think LV will win multiple championships.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Vegas in the same position Dallas were in last year heading into the season as title favorites.

I don’t remember Dallas being my title favorite. I think zune had them down for multiple titles. Jury’s still out for me on this year. If PHX makes the correct move (trade Little or Mitchell), I could see them as the team to beat. If Minnesota clicks right away, they could have a chance.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luckily they have a championship caliber coach to get results.

Somebody should have pointed that out to Cambage. I guess she didn’t like his Auggie Doggie style.

adamj95

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

They also have an MVP caliber player and all-star shooting guard. I think LV will win multiple championships.

Depends on if Cambage finds Vegas to her liking. Who knows when she’ll change her mind on playing in the WNBA again.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Oh so you're saying that Sandy Brondello is incapable?
I guess she should have swept the Lynx Dynasty out of the 2014 playoffs rather than just beating them, but that still seems harsh.

I think you knew I meant within the WNBA, since that’s what toad is somewhat familiar with. You should ask toad how he came to the conclusion that she’s hard to coach.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I think you knew I meant within the WNBA

No, I didn't. I went by what you wrote. I think it's fairly common knowledge that Cambage plays for the Opals and that Brondello is her coach there.

Shades wrote:
You should ask toad how he came to the conclusion that she’s hard to coach.

Even limiting it to the WNBA there are still plenty of reasons that someone might arrive at that conclusion, so I don't see any need to ask toad.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Almost Worst to First, Part Deux" Idea Razz

Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only time a WNBA team improved their record the season Cambage arrived, they won all of two extra games. The other two times she's actually shown up, the team's record got worse. Let's not hand her a fistful of championship rings just yet.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno... several people have the Aces going from lottery team to title contender just with the addition of Cambage. Is that because she’s sooooo hard to coach? It might be hard to keep her from being a hothead on the court (which Laimbeer may not discourage) or from being overly needy in the locker room (Laimbeer is the perfect one to put the clamps on that), but other than that it seems Cambage makes most things very very easy for a coach.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Didn’t she have an MVP caliber player in Skylar and former all-star in Glory Johnson in Dallas?

pilight

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
The only time a WNBA team improved their record the season Cambage arrived, they won all of two extra games. The other two times she's actually shown up, the team's record got worse. Let's not hand her a fistful of championship rings just yet.

Yeah, it's not like she's in the habit of winning championships. Every Chinese team she plays for gets sick of her after one season of coming up short. Her only WNBL title came as a teenager, when Sharin Milner led the Boomers to the title and was named Grand Final MVP.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't wait for Liz to call in sick due to depression or lack of gas money to make it to the parking lot Laughing #ImHating But its only fair Rolling Eyes iSeriously dont think she really even wants to play in vegas either however its better than Dallas so she settled. She just posted on her IG Daily feed about 10 mins ago not about her new team LV but about her countown to Tokyo Olympics. That seems to be her focus at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if she sat out next year. She has shout out Aja and posted a tweet with an ace and a heart if that means something.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Azura Stevens isn’t holding a grudge.

Last edited by Shades on 05/17/19 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 05/16/19 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

First off I wanna see her show up this season. She's not in the US yet, and we've reached the 'plane booked, expected in town any minute'-stage before without her actually arriving. I'd still believe virtually anything in this soap opera, including her deciding to go on walkabout in the outback rather than get on the plane.

PostPosted: 05/17/19 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Wilson isn't MVP caliber and McBride's numbers are about to take a sizeable dip. Aces also still only have 2.5 good shooters, which is problematic in 2019.

stever

PostPosted: 05/17/19 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Found this excellent interview with Liz from February, about 10 minutes and well worth your time:

https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/video/1485040707824/Marc-Meets-Elizabeth-Cambage

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/17/19 3:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Wilson isn't MVP caliber and McBride's numbers are about to take a sizeable dip. Aces also still only have 2.5 good shooters, which is problematic in 2019.

I think McBride is going to benefit from playing with Cambage just like her game with UMMC has benefited playing with Griner and Meesseman inside. She will get more open looks and doesnt have to force so many shots like in the past.

I still have the Mystics, Mercury ahead of them. And the Sparks and Storm close to them.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 05/17/19 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

I don’t remember Dallas being my title favorite. I think zune had them down for multiple titles..

Well, we'll never know now.

I never trusted Cambage or felt she was sincere about playing for Dallas long term. I always thought Cambage was using her return as a showcase to secure a lucrative deal in China.

Shades wrote:
I dunno... several people have the Aces going from lottery team to title contender just with the addition of Cambage.

Why not?

Stewart is out
Maya is out
Taurasi will miss a chunk of the season, Will Diana be 100% this season?
Parker will miss a chunk of the season
McCoughtry is returning from a major injury. Will Angel be 100% this season?

Top 8 teams:

Tier 1
washington
Connecticut
Los Angelas
Phoenix

Tier 2
Atlanta
Las Vegas
Minnesota

Tier 3
Seattle

Depending on how well LV's young players perform.The Aces could easily be a tier 1 team. They literally have a top three player at 3 different positions. Not many teams can say that.

After the recent trades/signings. I no longer have Chicago as my 6th/7th seed. The only way they make the playoffs is if Seattle has a bad season.

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Didn’t she have an MVP caliber player in Skylar and former all-star in Glory Johnson in Dallas?

Better coach.
Liz is in better shape.
LV has 3 legit all-stars.
Multiple teams are missing star players.

Aladyyn wrote:

Really?....A player who put up 21p/8r/2a/2b as a rookie and finished 7th in the MVP voting isn't a MVP caliber player?.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 05/17/19 5:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Aladyyn wrote:

Really?....A player who put up 21p/8r/2a/2b as a rookie and finished 7th in the MVP voting isn't a MVP caliber player?.

Efficiency matters.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/19 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#1 pick in 2017 - Kelsey Plum
#1 pick in 2018 - A’ja Wilson
#1 pick in 2019 - Jackie Young
#2 pick in 2011 (Maya’s year) - Liz Cambage
#3 pick in 2014 - Kayla McBride

A lot of youth. Even Cambage isn’t all that old at 27.
Let’s see if Laimbeer can somehow make it work.
I hear Cambage makes a coach’s job so difficult. Shocked

zune69

PostPosted: 05/17/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Aladyyn wrote:

Efficiency matters.

What are you talking about?

Wilson's overall number as a rookie were just as impressive as EDD,Griner,Stewart and N.Ogwumike rookie numbers..........3 of those 4 players have won the MVP......And when you compare efficiency. All 4 players had a better TS% than Wilson...but Wilson had a better "Per" than BG,BS and NO...and a better a/t ratio than all four aforementioned players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 14 of 19

Jump to: