RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Las Vegas Aces 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/28/19 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Surprised no one has spoke on this , but how well do you think Aja and Liz can be together as a duo? Aja , Liz & Kmac sound like a great trio !

PostPosted: 01/29/19 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I actually have spoken on it

my LV to Dallas trade would be

#1 pick, Jefferson and Harrison

some say it is too much but my theory is LV could give up those three assets without disrupting their core at all and that adding Cambage to a core of Wilson, McBride and Plum, with additional role players in place immediately put LV in the championship conversation

And Dallas gets a young new center at #1, a PG who can start while Diggins-Smith is out, and back her up and/or allow Diggins-Smith to play off the ball as well in the future. And a hungey post looking forward to getting back in the league who has shown borderline starter potential in the past.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/29/19 4:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mapped out

LV

Plum/Allen
McBride/UFA/Nared
Young/Coffey
Wilson/Hamby
Cambage/Swords/Park

wrap it up with a vet wing unrestricted free agent Christmas-Kelly, Carson, Zelous, Prince, R. Williams or S. Johnson and you have a championship ready team

Dallas

Jefferson/(Diggins-Smith starts when she returns)
Gray/Hill/Davis
Stevens/#5
Johnson/Harrison/Thorton
#1 McCowan/Plaisance

with #5 you can go wing KLS or 3/4 Collier or slide Davis to the SF spot and go Ogunbowale or Durr if either are still available or slide Thorton to the 3 and get another big with either Anigwe, Shepard or Turner, and you still have two 2nd round picks to possibly knock player 11 or 12 off the roster

and even after losing Cambage Dallas is in pretty good shape to stay a playoff team and future contender come 2020

(The only stumbling block is I still think Cambage only really wants LA, but we shall see).

Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

LV
Plum/Allen
McBride/UFA/Nared
Young/Coffey
Wilson/Hamby
Cambage/Swords/Park

Looks like you have LVA trading Jefferson, Harrison, and #1 for Cambage.
That’d be a tempting trade package for Maya. Wouldn’t most teams rather have Maya over Cambage? If teams are really going all-in on Cambage, that could be a sign that Maya isn’t really seeking a trade.

In Laimbeer’s enthusiasm to get things done quickly in Vegas, it wouldn’t surprise me if he gave guaranteed contracts to both Swords and Bone. Richyyy will probably chime in to say that LVA’s roster is so cheap that they can afford to eat Bone’s contract, but why waste money if you don’t have to. You have Cambage. She’s probably pledged to show up every year or else teams wouldn’t be mortgaging themselves. Let Park go. Maybe make her part of the trade package over Harrison. But if Bone doesn’t have a guaranteed contract, I agree she’s an easy cut.

J-Spoon wrote:
Wrap it up with a vet wing unrestricted free agent Christmas-Kelly, Carson, Zellous, Prince, R. Williams or S. Johnson and you have a championship ready teams

You have the right idea here. Teams will either be forced to (LAS) or be incompetent enough (NYL) to let useful players go. I have a feeling Johnson will be staying with IND though.

J-Spoon wrote:

Dallas
Jefferson/(Diggins-Smith starts when she returns)
Gray/Hill/Davis
Stevens/#5
Johnson/Harrison/Thorton
#1 McCowan/Plaisance

with #5 you can go wing KLS or 3/4 Collier or slide Davis to the SF spot and go Ogunbowale or Durr if either are still available or slide Thorton to the 3 and get another big with either Anigwe, Shepard or Turner, and you still have two 2nd round picks to possibly knock player 11 or 12 off the roster

I think they’re better off with Diggins staying at SG when she returns. She can back up Jefferson when Jefferson is off the court. In the little time they are both off the court, then Hill or Davis can fill in.

Thornton was starter quality at the SF last year, so I expect the same this year.

J-Spoon wrote:
even after losing Cambage Dallas is in pretty good shape to stay a playoff team and future contender come 2020

Plaisance is a little underrated, so don’t be surprised if she starts, at least for a while.

J-Spoon wrote:

(The only stumbling block is I still think Cambage only really wants LA, but we shall see).

Could be, but I’m getting the vibe that LAS doesn’t want to part with any vital players to acquire Cambage. Here’s what I think they’re will to part with.

Lavender (frees up needed cap space) or Vadeeva (doesn’t free up cap so probably not happening)
Sims (this may be where CHI cuts in if Sims doesn’t want to return to DAL)
#7 in 2019 (could be a useful player)
First in 2020 (might be #12 pick if they get Cambage for table scraps. Probably not that useful of a pick)

Is that enough to land Cambage? Seems like even the Liberty could do better if they’re really in the mix.

Stokes or Zahui (Zahui retuning to Dallas though? Zahui to CHI?)
Hartley, Rodgers, or Boyd
#2 pick in 2019 (Nice!)
First in 2020 (Lottery potential)

If LAS is too cheap, NYL can offer the better trade package.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
wnbahoops

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Vegas Aces Off-season Outlook https://youtu.be/jttfGv9YVAI

willtalk

PostPosted: 01/29/19 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would agree that Dallas might not be that enthused at what LA has to or would offer them, but perhaps a three team trade could be worked out that might make the teams happier. I don't know if Dallas would be that excited about Sims returning to their team and eventually paring up with Diggins again. It certainly didn't work last time.

Although if they saw this as trade that would make them non tanking competitive until Diggins returns at which time they could always trade Sims who might actually improve her trade value as the go too player for a year. Some might argue for them tanking this coming season, but do they or any other team have the luxury to lose drop off in fan income loss that would result with a horrible record if Cambage calls their bluff and sits out unless she gets her way. I mean take both Cambage ( with out compensation ) and Diggins from their roster and it's tank time with out little effort. Cambage's long absence from the League certainly puts the team on notice that she would think nothing about just not returning to the league.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I am Dallas I take the notion that Liz will sit out more seriously than I would if I was LA (or just about any other team) that she will play this season and the years ahead.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/29/19 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas is used to Cambage sitting out.

So table scraps in exchange for making the Sparks an indomitable force isn’t an attractive deal to me. The object is to win Championships, not just to exist in mediocrity.

Pokey had a similar dilemma in 2015. After a Finals appearance in 2014, I guess Pokey broke down and felt de Souza (and what else?) was enough to get them on top again. That was probably her bad. Isn’t Chicago still trying to recover from that? Does Pokey still have a job there? No, she’s ruining Indianapolis now. Sorry to the Pokey fans.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

So table scraps in exchange for making the Sparks an indomitable force isn’t an attractive deal to me. The object is to win Championships, not just to exist in mediocrity.

Except in Minnesota, where Reeve's only priority last year was making the Storm into an indomitable force and ensure the Lynx exist in only mediocrity forever, and she wasn't even dealing with a player who wanted out. 😂 I assume Dallas has higher standards.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/29/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Pokey had a similar dilemma in 2015. After a Finals appearance in 2014, I guess Pokey broke down and felt de Souza (and what else?) was enough to get them on top again. That was probably her bad. Isn’t Chicago still trying to recover from that? Does Pokey still have a job there? No, she’s ruining Indianapolis now. Sorry to the Pokey fans.

I'm still trying to see what the Sparks can offer Dallas to make it a somewhat reasonable deal. Lavender, the #7 pick &.....?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I'm still trying to see what the Sparks can offer Dallas to make it a somewhat reasonable deal. Lavender, the #7 pick &.....?

Why do you consist on offering Lavender? Im sure Agler Wants Vadeeva.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Why? So he can park her on the bench some more? Last year's playoffs showed how much faith Agler has in Vadeeva.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I am sticking with Agler wanting Ogwumike and the appearance of a bidding is a possible way to get there.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Why? So he can park her on the bench some more? Last year's playoffs showed how much faith Agler has in Vadeeva.

Shes younger and showed some nice flashes of being a good strong tough post player. Lavender has maxed out her potential in this League. We have Teresa to shoot long 2's and 3's already so what in Kamilla Vodichkovas name do we need in Jantel Jump Shot Lavender? We need someone who will bang down low amd get a rebound or 2. Lavender is not that player and its not her fault. Shes never been that player. Vadeeva can become that player way much more room for growth with her and #7.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 01/29/19 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I am sticking with Agler wanting Ogwumike and the appearance of a bidding is a possible way to get there.

I think he may want Ogumike as well but does not feel her for Liz straight up will suffice in which i agree. LA needs its 3rd party to play nice Laughing

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Shes younger and showed some nice flashes of being a good strong tough post player. Lavender has maxed out her potential in this League. We have Teresa to shoot long 2's and 3's already so what in Kamilla Vodichkovas name do we need in Jantel Jump Shot Lavender for? We need someone who will bang down low amd get a rebound or 2. Lavender is not that player and its not her fault. Shes never been that player. Vadeeva can become that player way much more room for growth with her and #7.

Younger doesn't appeal to Agler at all. He played Lavender 2.5 times as many minutes as Vadeeva last year, and over 10 times as many in the playoffs.

There's zero chance that Vadeeva will be the centerpiece of a trade for Cambage if Agler has any say.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also bear in mind that Agler quit/was fired/left by mutual consent/whateverthehell from LA about five minutes ago. Either he'd had enough of those players or key people/players in that organisation had had enough of him. Might make bringing over a star piece from LA a bit more complicated.

From a talent perspective if you could get Nneka for a flake like Cambage I think you have to be over the moon. Assuming that whatever the hell was wrong with Nneka towards the end of last season wasn't a long-term issue. You can't expect to get an exactly equal return for an all-World calibre center because of all the other crap in Cambage's history. There's just too much baggage there.

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I think he may want Ogumike as well but does not feel her for Liz straight up will suffice in which i agree. LA needs its 3rd party to play nice Laughing

If Las Vegas goes big (#1 Jefferson and or Harrison)

LA may feel compelled to throw #7 in with Ogwumike

I still think Ogwumike for Cambage straight up is a good deal for both teams. You get a consistent star for a superstar with some flight risk potential past 19. I think LA does it to go all in with a big splash for new coach and a C. Parker window that is closing. After finishing 6th last year I don' think LA has too much to lose and a Championship to gain.

I think Dallas does it because getting a consistent star level player who I am sure the new coach loves and pairing her with Diggins-Smith the next few seasons is really a good outcome for a Dallas team who is getting screwed over.

Also the coring of Johnson this year seemed a little strange management might have thought she would want to to leave with her minutes getting shared with an up and coming Stevens and a blue collar Thorton. So maybe with Nneka on board a subsequent trade of Johnson for a PG or a center could work.

If Dallas can use LV to get LA to throw in the #7 pick more power to them.

That is why I think LV has to come on strong if they want Cambage the #1 pick and Jefferson seems like the minimum, throwing in a Harrison or a Hamby still probably wouldn't over ride Aglers desire for Ogwumike and winning now not later but it might be enough to make sure LA puts in their best possible offer.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/29/19 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA09,

Sparks: C.Gray, Vadeeva, #7

Aces: McBride, Jefferson, #1 pick

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/29/19 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA09,

Sparks: C.Gray, Vadeeva, #7

Aces: McBride, Jefferson, #1 pick

Im taking the sparks offer drafting a scorer at #5 and using #7 with either Anigwe or Shepard

PostPosted: 01/29/19 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Shes younger and showed some nice flashes of being a good strong tough post player. Lavender has maxed out her potential in this League. We have Teresa to shoot long 2's and 3's already so what in Kamilla Vodichkovas name do we need in Jantel Jump Shot Lavender for? We need someone who will bang down low amd get a rebound or 2. Lavender is not that player and its not her fault. Shes never been that player. Vadeeva can become that player way much more room for growth with her and #7.

Younger doesn't appeal to Agler at all. He played Lavender 2.5 times as many minutes as Vadeeva last year, and over 10 times as many in the playoffs.

There's zero chance that Vadeeva will be the centerpiece of a trade for Cambage if Agler has any say.

Which is why I’m confused why everyone thinks the #1 pick would be that attractive to him, especially if Ionescu doesn’t declare. If LV is only willing to give up Jefferson or Plum, plus Hamby or whatever, I don’t see how that’s any better than what LA is willing to part with.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/19 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just realized Jefferson was BORN in Dallas.
That makes her THE perfect trade piece in the deal.
She can return home and she gets to start again.
And unlike Spooner, I believe she’ll continue to start after Diggins returns.
It’ll be AGray taking the back seat.

Jefferson + #1 in 2019 + (Choice of Swords, Bone, or Park)
= Cambage + #17 + #22

I figure just give Laimbeer the two DAL second round picks otherwise he’ll have no draft picks to play with. Dallas won’t miss them since they’ll have two Top 5 picks.

Jefferson/Hill
(Diggins)/AGray
Thornton/Davis
GJohnson/Stevens
Plaisance/Park

#1 = McCowan, Brown, or possibility of Ionescu Shocked
#5 = KLS, Collier, or maybe even Ogunbowale would fit in with the guards

I was thinking DAL might re-sign Christmas, but doesn’t she have ATL ties, and now the Dream need a starting SF. Another perfect fit.

Plum/Allen
McBride/Nared
Young/Coffey/Hamby
Wilson/Harrison/Bone
Cambage/Swords

#17, #22 : There should be at least one decent guard available at #17.
Maybe make some trades/cuts/pick up FA to strive for a more balanced roster.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/30/19 4:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Vadeeva is going to show up every year. Wouldnt suprise me if the Russians decide that they no longer want to suck in big tournaments and want their players home in the offseason..
Dallas shouldnt want that risk.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/30/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

I like where you went with this, but it would be great to sub Park for Mcbride, but if all we can get is Park, I would take it....Karima and her husband do live in Atlanta, he's a public school teacher there, but she was actually born in LA area.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/30/19 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades, you are always trying to send people back home. Can I recommend a book for you? (You might want to buy a copy for Ms. Moore.)

https://www.amazon.com/You-Cant-Go-Home-Again/dp/1451650493 Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: