Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 05/16/19 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
2nd rounder maybe.

Definitely. The Liberty lost their own 2nd round pick in the Wright trade, but gained ATL’s 2nd round pick in the Rodgers trade.

Nobody interested? Because I’m thinking Mitchell could be in PHX’s trade portal.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/16/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
2nd rounder maybe.

Definitely. The Liberty lost their own 2nd round pick in the Wright trade, but gained ATL’s 2nd round pick in the Rodgers trade.

Nobody interested? Because I’m thinking Mitchell could be in PHX’s trade portal.

I would do our second round for Mitchell, but I dont think PHX would

Shades

PostPosted: 05/16/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
2nd rounder maybe.

I would do our second round for Mitchell, but I dont think PHX would

They’re going to have to let go of somebody they don’t really want to let go. Would you be willing to take Little off their hands? Surprised

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/16/19 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Phoenix or any team is going to cut someone, why trade for them? NY is second in line on the waiver wire. Chances are that the Liberty can pick up someone interesting for free. The greater issue is whether they have enough initiative to do so. Management has demonstrated a penchant for sitting on their hands. In the last two seasons, they've only shown motivation to rescue Katie Smith's old friends when no one else wants them. I'm living in dread -- absolute terror -- that Smith is going to trade that 2020 1st Round pick for either Jantel Lavender or Tayler Hill, both of whom she knows from her days as a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You could play the cut/waiver angle, but Mitchell might draw interest from other teams.

Like Dietrick or Cazorla would be a fairly painless cut for ATL.

I remember Curt Miller fawning all over Mitchell for her toughness. Mitchell instead of Hiedeman? I could see it.

Hasn’t Mitchell played in Indy before? They could use three Mitchell’s!

LibFan25

PostPosted: 05/16/19 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
If Phoenix or any team is going to cut someone, why trade for them? NY is second in line on the waiver wire. Chances are that the Liberty can pick up someone interesting for free. The greater issue is whether they have enough initiative to do so. Management has demonstrated a penchant for sitting on their hands. In the last two seasons, they've only shown motivation to rescue Katie Smith's old friends when no one else wants them. I'm living in dread -- absolute terror -- that Smith is going to trade that 2020 1st Round pick for either Jantel Lavender or Tayler Hill, both of whom she knows from her days as a graduate assistant at Ohio State.

shit i want to aim higher, Tina's clock is ticking...how about Diggins-Smith? do you think Diggins-Smith would want to ask for a trade in the future? if available i'm very curious about this...its a very good possibility we will be a lottery team yet again anyway, do we have the pieces to pull this off?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/16/19 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Many of us feel that the Liberty should focus on the future rather than 2019. But Katie Smith has a huge stake in focusing on 2019 because if the team isn't good she could be gone by 2020. (Or dumped midseason for an interim coach.) This isn't a good situation.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 05/16/19 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libs have some kind of photo shoot today, Nayo was in Bec’s Instagram story!
And Bria posted on Instagram about being back in Brooklyn 😊, and Kiah is flying back!

Excited for the game Sunday with everybody starting to show up!!
#libertyloud

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/16/19 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Many of us feel that the Liberty should focus on the future rather than 2019. But Katie Smith has a huge stake in focusing on 2019 because if the team isn't good she could be gone by 2020. (Or dumped midseason for an interim coach.) This isn't a good situation.

Agreed thats why its important to have a GM who is not the coach

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/16/19 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have that separate GM. Now he needs to put on his big boy pants and assert himself.

PostPosted: 05/16/19 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
We have that separate GM. Now he needs to put on his big boy pants and assert himself.

Yes and lets hope he does

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/16/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could someone note any TV or streaming options for the coming games? Thanks. Sorry if this was posted and I missed it.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/16/19 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Could someone note any TV or streaming options for the coming games? Thanks. Sorry if this was posted and I missed it.

nothing announced yet, unfortunately. We have a few games on CBS Sports Network and one on Twitter so far.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/16/19 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

nothing announced yet, unfortunately. We have a few games on CBS Sports Network and one on Twitter so far.

Many thanks for this reply. I thought I hadn't seen anything, but was hoping I'd missed some positive news.

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/17/19 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

Many thanks for this reply. I thought I hadn't seen anything, but was hoping I'd missed some positive news.

Not too sure what you are asking...there is WNBA League pass

NYSports56

PostPosted: 05/17/19 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will WNBA League Pass show all the Liberty games?

Shades

PostPosted: 05/17/19 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.fiba.basketball/womenseurobasket/2019/news/-zahui-nausea-and-nerves-a-ticket-to-tokyo-and-the-joy-of-johannes

Quote:
Like everyone else, the center is intrigued by the possibilities for her new team-mate (Johannes) and can't wait to see how things progress during the summer of 2019.

Zahui said: "I am so excited, since I am a big fan of hers and I'm looking forward to seeing her on the next level and being coached by one of the best in Coach (Katie) Smith.

"I can only see her blossoming into a player at the very top level. I am excited about seeing this happen right in front of my eyes. She needs to play with the same confidence that she plays with in Europe."

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 05/17/19 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
http://www.fiba.basketball/womenseurobasket/2019/news/-zahui-nausea-and-nerves-a-ticket-to-tokyo-and-the-joy-of-johannes

Quote:
Like everyone else, the center is intrigued by the possibilities for her new team-mate (Johannes) and can't wait to see how things progress during the summer of 2019.

Zahui said: "I am so excited, since I am a big fan of hers and I'm looking forward to seeing her on the next level and being coached by one of the best in Coach (Katie) Smith.

"I can only see her blossoming into a player at the very top level. I am excited about seeing this happen right in front of my eyes. She needs to play with the same confidence that she plays with in Europe."

Playing in Europe might be better for confidence than playing in WCC Rolling Eyes

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/19/19 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can't believe the season is nearly here. It feels like it has taken nearly forever. A few T's still need to be crossed and I's dotted in the meantime with questions for the future as well.

-When will Stokes be ready to play? Will she even be here at the start of the season?
-Will Zahui's preseason showing be indicative of a starting spot?
-Bias or Cuevas-Moore?
-What will Durr's early-season readiness be like?...Sometimes preseason is a poor indicator of someone's readiness because you're only running basic offense and you're not playing with the same core as in the regular season. We will see, Erin Thorn scored I believe 1 point in the '07 preseason and she had 27 on opening day, just as an example.
-How will Han perform?

I think it's pretty clear Nurse is going to be an impact player and the number 2 scorer on the team. That's a comfort. Not knowing what you might get from the 1, the 2 or the 5 spots is another matter.

PostPosted: 05/19/19 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty preview by Nets Republic: https://netsrepublic.com/season-preview-the-new-york-liberty/

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Liberty preview by Nets Republic: https://netsrepublic.com/season-preview-the-new-york-liberty/

No mention of Raincock-Ekunwe or Johannes in this preview.

toad455

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
toad455 wrote:

No mention of Raincock-Ekunwe or Johannes in this preview.

I think Justin Carter was basing this on who's in camp currently. His first year covering the Liberty and I highly doubt he has a report on either of those two players.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My biggest problem with that preview is no acknowledgement to Raincock-Ekunwe’s existence. But I’m curious why she’s been inactive in the preseason.

Second biggest problem is slotting Allen as a SG. Why do that when you’re thin at SF as it is?

Another question is since Durr has started off slowly, might that be a good reason/excuse to start her off the bench, or is the feeling doing so will crush her confidence? Unless you’re a big fan of the 3 guard lineup, it may work out better to have Durr come off the bench, at least until she starts showing that next level in herself. Loyd started off slowly and actually wanted to come off the bench for SEA.

Brittany Boyd/Bria Hartley
Kia Nurse/Asia Durr/Tanisha Wright
Rebecca Allen/
Tina Charles/Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Amanda Zahui/Kiah Stokes/Han Xu

Nurse and Wright can both back up PG until Hartley is ready, so there’s no real need to keep an extra PG.

I’m thinking you guys benefit from one of the promising SF prospects that might hit the waiver like Carlton, Peters, Anriel Howard, or even Han teammate Ting. Get a little built in translator with that one.

Shades

PostPosted: 05/19/19 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Joe Tsai Is Big in Business. Now He’s Taking On Women’s Basketball

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/sports/basketball/joe-tsai-alibaba-liberty-nets-wnba.html

Quote:
“I would say that the Liberty playing in Westchester County, in an arena that has a capacity of less than 3,000, is not ideal,” he said in an interview at an upscale hotel recently, shortly after arriving in Manhattan on a long flight from China.

Quote:
Could Han and her Liberty teammates have a new home at Barclays Center next season?

“It’s one of the possibilities,” Tsai said, adding that the team was looking for a site fans would be excited about, and that they could easily get to.

Quote:
The Liberty are Tsai’s second New York-based basketball team. He also owns 49 percent of the Nets, and has the option to take full control of the team in about 18 months.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/19/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
My biggest problem with that preview is no acknowledgement to Raincock-Ekunwe’s existence. But I’m curious why she’s been inactive in the preseason.

Second biggest problem is slotting Allen as a SG. Why do that when you’re thin at SF as it is?

Another question is since Durr has started off slowly, might that be a good reason/excuse to start her off the bench, or is the feeling doing so will crush her confidence? Unless you’re a big fan of the 3 guard lineup, it may work out better to have Durr come off the bench, at least until she starts showing that next level in herself. Loyd started off slowly and actually wanted to come off the bench for SEA.

Brittany Boyd/Bria Hartley
Kia Nurse/Asia Durr/Tanisha Wright
Rebecca Allen/
Tina Charles/Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Amanda Zahui/Kiah Stokes/Han Xu

Nurse and Wright can both back up PG until Hartley is ready, so there’s no real need to keep an extra PG.

I’m thinking you guys benefit from one of the promising SF prospects that might hit the waiver like Carlton, Peters, Anriel Howard, or even Han teammate Ting. Get a little built in translator with that one.

Allen started in place of Durr against Atlanta, and WNBA.com showed her as the SG. Not having seen the game, I don't know if that actually occurred or if it's just a mix-up in listing positions. As we know, bad information is common in those box scores. It would not surprise me if that's where this guy got his idea that Allen is a SG.

I'll be looking at the SF's on waivers. I'm actually hoping that NY can maybe pry away someone better (Copper, Cunningham) by offering that Atlanta 2nd Round pick. It seems like players are getting traded at discount prices where teams have a crowding problem. However, my best guess is that Liberty management won't do anything. I just get this vibe that Katie doesn't like to make hard decisions which require her to tell someone she knows well that they've been cut or traded. Purely speculation on my part.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 53 of 91

Jump to: