Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I only had the Liberty keeping Rodgers if Prince opted to go elsewhere. If Prince does sign elsewhere, this extension doesn't bother me. Let's hope she improves in 2019.

I think it's an indicator that Zellous is on the way out as well, if nothing else. It doesn't really make sense for Z to return to the Libs from anyone's perspective. The Libs want to get younger and open a spot for Nurse and possibly a draft pick. Z is going to want to go to a championship caliber squad (LA makes a ton of sense if they can afford her).

Zellous has been hanging out with all sparks players since the playoffs ended for LA. Went to a big sean concert for someone's Bday with Parker, Lavender and Gray last night.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Libs get the #1 or #2 Pick then they'll do a Tina Charles sign and trade with the Mystics for the 2019 #10 Pick and 2020 1st Rd Pick

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed the Libs get the #1 or #2 Pick then they'll do a Tina Charles sign and trade with the Mystics for the 2019 #10 Pick and 2020 1st Rd Pick

Whoever the hell is in charge in New York, they're not trading their one star player for two shitty draft picks.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Whoever the hell is in charge in New York, they're not trading their one star player for two shitty draft picks.

Okay, Okay, put Walker-Kimbrough in the deal with the 2 draft picks. You make a hard bargain.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
toad455 wrote:
I only had the Liberty keeping Rodgers if Prince opted to go elsewhere. If Prince does sign elsewhere, this extension doesn't bother me. Let's hope she improves in 2019.

I think it's an indicator that Zellous is on the way out as well, if nothing else. It doesn't really make sense for Z to return to the Libs from anyone's perspective. The Libs want to get younger and open a spot for Nurse and possibly a draft pick. Z is going to want to go to a championship caliber squad (LA makes a ton of sense if they can afford her).

Zellous has been hanging out with all sparks players since the playoffs ended for LA. Went to a big sean concert for someone's Bday with Parker, Lavender and Gray last night.

That sounds like someone who's moving on. Thanks for info.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Okay, Okay, put Walker-Kimbrough in the deal with the 2 draft picks. You make a hard bargain.

You're still talking about three players at a talent level that we can acquire in free agency without giving up anything. The WNBA is a small league with only 144 players. No one is interested in volume.

As for Kristine Anigwe, she was the best freshman player in the country for 2015-16 -- clearly better than KLS, Durr, and Brown. McCowan wasn't even in the discussion back them. Anigwe returned with an even better season the following year. Although KLS, Durr, and Brown closed the gap considerably, Anigwe still had the better statistical season. Obviously, she didn't have the same type of team success as the other three, but the flip side is that Anigwe should receive credit for playing with a weaker supporting cast. Then last season, Kristine had injury problems and her production fell off while KLS, Durr, Brown, and McCowan played very well. So, today Anigwe has dropped off the radar for a lot of fans. However, if she bounces back with a good season, I don't see why she wouldn't be a 1st Round pick. She's not as big as Brown or McCowan but Anigwe is much quicker and more athletic. It has also been reported that she is a basketball junkie who watches film all day. If Anigwe returns to form, I think she has enough positives to go as high as the mid-1st Round.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

I love how sports fans so often propose trades that would be wonderful for their teams and that the other teams would be absolute idiots to go for. It never ends.

PostPosted: 08/27/18 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles is not a great fit for the Mystics anyway. For those living in 2018, Charles is a PF.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 08/27/18 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Charles is not a great fit for the Mystics anyway. For those living in 2018, Charles is a PF.

Yeah - with Charles the Mystics would have 3 All Star PFs. Razz

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/27/18 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like Anigwe is the Deshields of posts.

Tons of basketball talent. What some might see as an attitude problem. A game that will probably work better on the pro level. She passes my eye test the same way Diamond did.

libertycrazy97

PostPosted: 08/28/18 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

for us to get Tina we gave up 3 first round picks. So Washington ISNT being gifted tina for two crap picks! It would be two first rounders and Messeman. Otherwise NO DEAL!!! Lets just giver our MVP away Mad Mad

toad455

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty got lucky in the lotto. We're getting either McCowan or Brown.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/28/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well. I shouted happily in regard to something Liberty for the second time this year. The first time being Zellous' buzzer beater.

Watching the coverage, it was funny how Bill said "maybe an underclassman will want to play in Vegas" when everyone knows exactly who he means. I was laughing. Ionescu declaring would open up the Libs to their choice of seniors. Might also open up Plum as a trading piece. But most importantly, the opportunity exists to get a legitimate C, something the Libs unquestionably need and cannot pass up.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I have to get on board with Brown or McCowan.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Liberty got lucky in the lotto. We're getting either McCowan or Brown.

Lovely news.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that the Liberty have secured the #2 pick....Shopping Stokes and Zuhiu b would be a smart move.

Projected MPG next season:

Charles-32.0
#2 pk/post-25.0

That leaves 23 minutes for Stokes/Zahui

toad455

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm all for shopping Stokes now. Keep Zahui B. Stokes to Indiana for the #13 pick?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
root_thing

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's great news that we have a choice, and at this moment I'm leaning toward taking a post. But people have to remember that the most important factor in a player's draft position is performance in her final season. I wouldn't get too wedded to any player right now. Let's see how it all plays out.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm all for shopping Stokes now. Keep Zahui B. Stokes to Indiana for the #13 pick?

Phoenix has the #13 pick because Indiana already traded that pick for Kayla Alexander (and then Bill flipped that pick for Kelsey Bone).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I'm glad the lottery is in a few days. At least we will have a better idea of where we stand in a short time instead of having to wait.

Praying for #2?

Prayers came trueeeeee. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do some NY fans still want KLS over Brown or Mccowan Now? Laughing I know the 2 bigs were not a hot Commodity to you all up north. Does that change with the #2 pick now? Laughing

PostPosted: 08/28/18 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I think it's great news that we have a choice, and at this moment I'm leaning toward taking a post. But people have to remember that the most important factor in a player's draft position is performance in her final season. I wouldn't get too wedded to any player right now. Let's see how it all plays out.

Should we all just come back in April? Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think barring some extraordinary circumstances NY has to go big at #2 but I won't be surprised if Durr is the star of this class at the next level.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Should we all just come back in April? Wink

I think this will be a very interesting WCBB year with lots of star power. Seeing what player emerges as the Wade 🏆 winner should be exciting. Not sure if theres a consensus like years past.

PostPosted: 08/28/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So if we go big at #2 (my crystal ball says Laimbeer takes McCowan but it is a coin toss) and we make all the Liberty Paris Kea fans happy at #14 we get

Boyd/Kea
Hartley/Rodgers
Nurse
Charles/Zahui B
Brown (or McCowan)/Stokes

3 spots left for maybe Zellous, NRE or more likely free agents, waiver wire and 3rd round pick.

vs what I thought would happen Durr at 4 Jennings at 14

Boyd/Hartley
Durr/Rodgers
Nurse
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Jennings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 4 of 91

Jump to: