Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 02/08/19 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yikes

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/08/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Awesome! Who else can we bring back who didn't make our 7-27 team last year? Reshanda Gray, part 2? Leslie Robinson redux? Kolby Morgan, the return?

PostPosted: 02/08/19 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
new depth chart players under contract only

Hartley
Rodgers/Faris
Nurse/R. Allen
N/A
Stokes

Grievance anyone? Shes always laced up ready to go fyi Laughing

PostPosted: 02/08/19 1:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
new depth chart players under contract only

Hartley
Rodgers/Faris
Nurse/R. Allen
N/A
Stokes

Has it been confirmed that Faris has been signed?

And why is Rebecca Allen on this list? The WNBA website has her listed as a restricted free agent, just like Boyd and Zahui B.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/08/19 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:

And why is Rebecca Allen on this list? The WNBA website has her listed as a restricted free agent, just like Boyd and Zahui B.

The Faris and Allen signings are based on Tweets from Rachel Galligan. They haven't been confirmed officially anywhere that I can find.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

The Faris and Allen signings are based on Tweets from Rachel Galligan. They haven't been confirmed officially anywhere that I can find.

Thanks for this response. On Feb. 2nd, libertycrazy97 posted on this thread that Allen had torn her ACL and was out for the season. That's why I was so puzzled reading that Allen had been signed.

Now I see that, according to Galligan, Allen did NOT tear her ACL and has signed with the Liberty.

Being a Liberty fan seems like an endless guessing game.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/08/19 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Signed for the season or for training camp?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/08/19 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Faris signed a training camp contract. No details on Allen, but my guess is that she signed a regular contract with no guarantee. The difference is that the team has no obligation to anyone on a training camp contract should they get injured.

PostPosted: 02/08/19 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where's the Boyd & Zahui B re-signings? Maybe it's a sign the Liberty have some [official] signings coming.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/08/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could just be a sign that New York don't want to pay them over the odds. Classic move with RFAs is to let the market set their value - you have match rights anyway, so if they find someone who wants to pay them you can keep them at that figure regardless. If they don't, you probably keep them on something cheaper when they realise there aren't any better deals out there. Even if they signed the qualifying offer they'd just be RFAs again next year (barring rule changes in the new CBA).

Alternatively it's just the usual processes of free agency, and there isn't really anything to worry about when it's only been a week since signings opened.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed on that. I’ve just assumed our RFAs would be back and not really given that much additional thought to them. Definitely more curious about UFAs both from our own team and those who might fill a positional need (TRP, Currie, Thomas).

Clearly the Liberty have made attempts to be active. Which would lead one to believe those haven’t been their only attempts to do so. Clearly Zellous returning would be of benefit to the Libs more so than Z would benefit most other teams. I’d think if she was returning she’d have already re-signed.

If she doesn’t, perhaps we will see a Durr/Nurse combo on the wing this year. As we’ve discussed, Nurse is not an ideal 3-spot matchup. One day, I think she might be, as players tend to fill out with age. Even now, I guess you can get by with it (Nurse is physical and plays hard), but I don’t love being undersized on the wing without being able to cover for it with a proven athleticism/shot blocking situation elsewhere.

Or maybe Collier’s versatility and consistency is enough for the Libs to draft her #2. Besides what I’ve already mentioned about Collier’s game, I like the idea of former teammates playing together from a leadership/chemistry standpoint. The Liberty had a core of vets who had been with the team for awhile with in my mind some question marks about who was doing the on-court leadership. Having two players on the wing who are versatile, play a team game, work hard defensively and move the basketball would be a good way to transition the team to a younger core of leadership. You can also do legit small lineups as Nurse/Collier can swing to 3/4 spots on occasion. That undersized 4 concept that Smith tried endlessly to do with Coleman last year? With Collier it would actually work. The way the league is shifting, she might not even be classified as an undersized 4 anymore.

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm hoping and dreaming at this moment it can change lol a starting lineup with 2 rookies

Nurse/Durr
Durr/Nurse
Zellous
Howard (MSU) praying she drops 2nd round pick
Charles

If Boyd resigns I wouldn't mind Boyd/Nurse backcourt until Katie Smith feels Durr is ready/comfortable. I can see Katie throwing Asia to the wolves early to accelerate the development and pace of the W is more faster then college

Last edited by LibFan25 on 02/09/19 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
No fear Liberty fans, you’ve joined the Free Agency game and signed Kelly Farris!

So why hasn't Chong been signed by anyone yet? She actually did look like player worthy of a spot on a WNBA bench and even on the court at times.

She was certainly better than her replacement and that showed in their respective playing time. Chong was a backup point guard. Romero was the 3rd string point guard. Would like to know who orchestrated that cut/signing - Williams or Bibb.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
I'm hoping and dreaming at this moment it can change lol a starting lineup with 2 rookies

Nurse/Durr
Durr/Nurse
Zellous
Charles

If Boyd resigns I wouldn't mind Boyd/Nurse backcourt until Katie Smith feels Durr is ready/comfortable. I can see Katie throwing Asia to the wolves early to accelerate the development and pace of the W is more faster then college

Charles would NOT be happy with this lineup, forcing her to bang in the middle with the bigs on defense.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/09/19 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

Nurse/Durr
Durr/Nurse
Zellous
Charles

Probably not the worst draft, but Howard is even shorter than Collier. I can’t see her as anything other than a SF at the WNBA level, and she’s even working on the skills needed for that.

If you guys don’t want Raincock-Ekunwe, we’ll gladly take her here at the Lynx. I’m taking over negotiations for Reeve. We’ll give you AJones plus the rights to the AUS version of Shoni for the forgettable Raincock-Ekunwe.

My prelim projected NYC roster based on LibFan25 draft picks
Boyd/Hartley
Nurse/Durr/Rodgers
RAllen/Howard
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Zahui/Stokes

Stragglers
Prince, Zellous, Vaughn, #26

I could see why NYC might be struggling on their gameplan.

If they decide on a guard at #2, then maybe they would prefer to deal Boyd and possibly use Nurse or Hartley as the starting PG. Remember, Katie Smith herself was converted to a PG for the championship Shock. She might not be the biggest advocate of the notion that you need a “true” PG.

If they want a SF at #2, then why sign RAllen at an elevated salary?

If they decide on a 6’7 big at #2, then maybe they deal Zahui to the highest bidder.

Everybody is probably waiting to see what shakes out in the Cambage deal to plan any further.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/09/19 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Zauhi down south here in Dallas. Freds gone this aint Tulsa no more Amanda! COME BACK!

PostPosted: 02/09/19 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Nurse/Durr
Durr/Nurse
Zellous
Charles

Charles would NOT be happy with this lineup, forcing her to bang in the middle with the bigs on defense.

at this point in her career, yes you're probably right lol i just think with Howard looking at her frame she's small for her size but she can rebound her a** off. very high motor. so my thinking would be a small lineup since Katie fell in love with the small lineup last year.

if we go big, i am team Brown. i just trust her better then McCowan to succeed.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/09/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Nurse/Durr
Durr/Nurse
Zellous
Charles

Probably not the worst draft, but Howard is even shorter than Collier. I can’t see her as anything other than a SF at the WNBA level, and she’s even working on the skills needed for that.

If you guys don’t want Raincock-Ekunwe, we’ll gladly take her here at the Lynx. I’m taking over negotiations for Reeve. We’ll give you AJones plus the rights to the AUS version of Shoni for the forgettable Raincock-Ekunwe.

My prelim projected NYC roster based on LibFan25 draft picks
Boyd/Hartley
Nurse/Durr/Rodgers
RAllen/Howard
Charles/Raincock-Ekunwe
Zahui/Stokes

Stragglers
Prince, Zellous, Vaughn, #26

I could see why NYC might be struggling on their gameplan.

If they decide on a guard at #2, then maybe they would prefer to deal Boyd and possibly use Nurse or Hartley as the starting PG. Remember, Katie Smith herself was converted to a PG for the championship Shock. She might not be the biggest advocate of the notion that you need a “true” PG.

If they want a SF at #2, then why sign RAllen at an elevated salary?

If they decide on a 6’7 big at #2, then maybe they deal Zahui to the highest bidder.

Everybody is probably waiting to see what shakes out in the Cambage deal to plan any further.

i would love to have Collier, she would fit in nicely at the 3 spot. i think she can handle it. Durr, Collier, Brown are the 3 options i would be happy the libs grab at 2

i've been thinking of Anigwe, her stock is gotta be through the roof right? but i don't know if she is worthy enuff to be picked at 2

i actually like that roster you just laid out, Raincock should be one Libs priority, i think we missed her presence on the bench even though the stats may not show it but she did make an impact on the Libs

toad455

PostPosted: 02/10/19 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bit of a stretch to think Allen will start. She was glued to the bench and only got playing time due to injuries. If we take someone like Durr or Samuelson at #2, it should be the pick and Nurse starting.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/10/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://liberty.wnba.com/video/2018-season-highlights-rebecca-allen/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/10/19 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've posted my projected roster before but here it is again.

PG: Boyd/free agent
SG: #2 pick/Rodgers/Hartley
SF: Nurse/Allen?
PF: Charles/#14 pick/Raincock-Ekunwe
C: Zahui B/Stokes

LibFan25

PostPosted: 02/10/19 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I've posted my projected roster before but here it is again.

PG: Boyd/free agent
SG: #2 pick/Rodgers/Hartley
SF: Nurse/Allen?
PF: Charles/#14 pick/Raincock-Ekunwe
C: Zahui B/Stokes

im good wit this, as long as Prince and Vaughn aint in it im happy.

the 3rd round pick could have a shot too, if they play their cards right

3rd round stashes:

Morris (Kentucky)
Leslie (NCSTATE)
Jennings (S.Carolina)
Mompremier (Miami)
Teniya Page (PSU)

if you got any other players who are under the radar add them

toad455

PostPosted: 02/10/19 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plenty of PGs we can take in the third round. Hoping to hear Boyd and Zahui B get re-signed soon.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/10/19 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
3rd round stashes:

Morris (Kentucky)
Leslie (NCSTATE)
Jennings (S.Carolina)
Mompremier (Miami)
Teniya Page (PSU)

if you got any other players who are under the radar add them

Mompremier is a redshirt junior. She needs to declare early to be eligible. If she does, I think Beatrice will go a lot higher than 3rd Round. You're talking about a player with legit size and good athletic ability, who looks like she has a serviceable midrange jump-shot. The downside is that she's an awful free throw shooter. Look at that team picture on pg 35 of the Mock Draft thread. Mompremier is clearly taller than Wilson, Shepard, and Turner. Her 11.75 rpg is 6th among all P5 players, well ahead of Brown, Smith, and Shepard. Her scoring average is about the same as Brown and higher than Shepard. I think Mompremier will go in the top half of the 2nd Round if she comes out.

PostPosted: 02/10/19 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

agree on Mompremier. Hopefully she stays in school and develops some more. She seems pretty raw, but has a lot of talent...and size.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 20 of 91

Jump to: