RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 8887
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/21/19 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
All the more reason why Jackson makes the final roster.


Dang i really want to see the new faulkner. Could be a gamble if she makes waiver wire...



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20294



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Linnae Harper, Hind Ben Abdelkader and Victoria Maccaulay have been waived.



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 52975



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chloe Jackson and Ndour make the cut.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago will only have ten players on the roster until July. Faulkner is still rehabbing her knee and N'DOR is still in Spain. Lovely.



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21635
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pretty sure Ndour is in Chicago at this point. Although she'll be leaving again at some stage.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Pretty sure Ndour is in Chicago at this point. Although she'll be leaving again at some stage.

That's still sounds like someone that is MIA.



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20481



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/23/19 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Pretty sure Ndour is in Chicago at this point. Although she'll be leaving again at some stage.

That's still sounds like someone that is MIA.


It's probably similar to Stokes in New York. She's leaving in a few weeks anyway, so why have her suit up for just a few games? Suspend her and let someone else earn a paycheck.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20294



Back to top
PostPosted: 05/24/19 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Pretty sure Ndour is in Chicago at this point. Although she'll be leaving again at some stage.

That's still sounds like someone that is MIA.


It's probably similar to Stokes in New York. She's leaving in a few weeks anyway, so why have her suit up for just a few games? Suspend her and let someone else earn a paycheck.


Because there aren't a million games in the season and each game has a value?



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 05/26/19 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago plan to lose every game this season by at least twenty points. Their motives for doing that is they witnessed Stewart get special treatment. They figured they can get special treatment also and get that number one pick in 2020.



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 20481



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/19 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Samuelson out indefinitely with a hand injury.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2019/6/10/18660503/katie-lou-samuelson-chicago-sky-hand-injury-update-2019

Quote:
Forward Katie Lou Samuelson is out indefinitely with a hand injury, the Sky announced Monday afternoon. She’s expected to undergo further testing in the coming days.

Samuelson, the Sky’s fourth overall pick in this year’s draft, injured her hand while taking a charge in the first half of Sunday’s win over the Storm. She didn’t play in the second half.


Have to believe the Sky will apply for a hardship exemption unless Faulkner is expected back soon.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 21635
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/19 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Or you just cut Chloe Jackson, who's become completely redundant now Williams is playing backup point guard.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2301



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/19 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Samuelson out indefinitely with a hand injury.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2019/6/10/18660503/katie-lou-samuelson-chicago-sky-hand-injury-update-2019

Quote:
Forward Katie Lou Samuelson is out indefinitely with a hand injury, the Sky announced Monday afternoon. She’s expected to undergo further testing in the coming days.

Samuelson, the Sky’s fourth overall pick in this year’s draft, injured her hand while taking a charge in the first half of Sunday’s win over the Storm. She didn’t play in the second half.


Have to believe the Sky will apply for a hardship exemption unless Faulkner is expected back soon.


Sorry to hear she's injured but this is a player that many thought could be injury prone as a professional.

I know Wade has Chicago playing better and together, but this is the GM that passed on Collier. Head scratcher. How much more improved could they have been via the draft had they taken her UConn teammate?


mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5107
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/10/19 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I know Wade has Chicago playing better and together, but this is the GM that passed on Collier.


Las Vegas, New York, Indiana, & Dallas also passed on Collier as well.

PRballer wrote:
How much more improved could they have been via the draft had they taken her UConn teammate?


Most likely would have the same record, and I like Collier.

Collier is having a solid rookie season, but this isn’t like we’re talking about 2008 Candace Parker or 2018 A’ja Wilson..



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 5334
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/11/19 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no guarantee that Collier would be playing as well for another team. A lot of people on this board were insisting she was too slow to play SF. What if there was a coach out there who felt the same way and used her as a PF? Or even if Collier was used as an SF, maybe on another team she would be asked to perform more like a traditional 3. That means shooting more jump-shots. Had NY taken her, that's how they'd need her to function. Instead, with the Lynx Collier has gotten away with scoring mostly inside. 16 of Napheesa's 26 made field goals have been from inside 5 feet, where she's shooting 72.7%. Also, it seemed like Collier had a lot of chemistry with Shepard, who is a much better passer than your average post player. Let's see how the loss of Shepard affects her.

If you go back and look at the 2019 Mock Draft thread, a lot of Rebkell posters were doubters because Collier was viewed as a 'tweener. Even Voepel's mock draft had Napheesa going at #12.



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
mavcarter
#NAPT


Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 5107
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/11/19 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
There is no guarantee that Collier would be playing as well for another team.


Agreed.



_________________
wrote:
Or maybe said poster should quit being a nuisance when people don’t agree?
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1471
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/11/19 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You couldn't find 2 teams with more different philosophies this year than the Lynx and the Sky.

Watching the Sky this year, I'm actually more on board with the pick, there's no way any rookie makes a meaningful difference for this defense. And they'll be able to flip their 2nd rounder for Anigwe next year anyways so it's really a win-win situation.


bullsky



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Posts: 20294



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/19 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win last night.

Is it just me or is there a different energy about this team this year? They seem to really enjoy each other and seem really connected to the coach. I'm not saying we're winning the title or even for sure making the playoffs this year, but they seem more motivated than previous years. More of that, please!



_________________
"Don't do something until you get it right, do it until you can't do it wrong."
- Geno Auriemma
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/19 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Good win last night.

Is it just me or is there a different energy about this team this year? They seem to really enjoy each other and seem really connected to the coach. I'm not saying we're winning the title or even for sure making the playoffs this year, but they seem more motivated than previous years. More of that, please!

Just win games, baby! Cool



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Skyfan22



Joined: 12 Aug 2013
Posts: 295



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/12/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
bullsky wrote:
Good win last night.

Is it just me or is there a different energy about this team this year? They seem to really enjoy each other and seem really connected to the coach. I'm not saying we're winning the title or even for sure making the playoffs this year, but they seem more motivated than previous years. More of that, please!

Just win games, baby! Cool


So much for ping pong balls for the Sky! Send those ping pong balls to the Wings and the ACES!!! Excited to see my old team playing well. Sloot is still my fave and it’s so good to see that this Sky team is totally hers!


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 59952
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/19 5:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky sign Victoria Macauley



_________________
On Christmas Day, the Gingerbread Man said, ‘Ladyfingers, be my wife.’
stever



Joined: 16 Nov 2004
Posts: 6757
Location: Ann Arbor


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/19 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago-sky-and-wnba/2019/6/13/18678051/wnba-sky-forward-victoria-macaulay-emergency-hardship-exception

Quote:
Macaulay seemed like the obvious choice for the Sky to bring back. The 6-foot-4, 165-pound forward, who played this winter in Turkey, impressed Wade and his coaching staff at training camp. In her last preseason game May 16, Macaulay made a statement, scoring 12 points and recording two rebounds.



_________________
Women's Basketball Daily
Celebrating the Women's Game Since 2005
WBBDaily Mobile Edition
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 25818



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/19 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
PRballer wrote:
I know Wade has Chicago playing better and together, but this is the GM that passed on Collier.


Las Vegas, New York, Indiana, & Dallas also passed on Collier as well.

PRballer wrote:
How much more improved could they have been via the draft had they taken her UConn teammate?


Most likely would have the same record, and I like Collier.

Collier is having a solid rookie season, but this isn’t like we’re talking about 2008 Candace Parker or 2018 A’ja Wilson..


I think Vegas would be quite a bit better had they taken Collier instead of Young.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/13/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sky sign Victoria Macauley

How many Sky training camps has she been invited to but was never ever able to make the team. Confused In fact every year that she gets invited to a Sky training camp I would have a flashback to a scene from the movie Casablanca. The scene where a police official tells one of his subordinates to go "Round up the usual suspects". Very Happy



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
snlMINAJ



Joined: 21 Jan 2010
Posts: 827



Back to top
PostPosted: 06/14/19 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
PRballer wrote:
I know Wade has Chicago playing better and together, but this is the GM that passed on Collier.


Las Vegas, New York, Indiana, & Dallas also passed on Collier as well.

PRballer wrote:
How much more improved could they have been via the draft had they taken her UConn teammate?


Most likely would have the same record, and I like Collier.

Collier is having a solid rookie season, but this isn’t like we’re talking about 2008 Candace Parker or 2018 A’ja Wilson..


I think Vegas would be quite a bit better had they taken Collier instead of Young.



regardless of being a #1 pick, i really thought collier would be the best choice for vegas/laimbeer. she is essentially what they need/don't have. yes you can play mcbride or young at the 3, but long term collier would be the better option i think.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3472
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 06/16/19 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cheyenne Parker deserves more playing time. She is averaging 7.2 rebounds per game and 1.7 blocks per game while playing less than 18 minutes per game. If Wade is telling the truth that he wants to win games this season and build a winning culture then he must give Parker starter minutes. He took the first step by ending the Williams at power forward experiment. His next step is to increase Parker's playing time by at least ten minutes more per game.



_________________
Sky Nation! We are in this together!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 16 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin