RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My Ranking of Each Samuelson Based On How "Problematic" They Are:

1. Karen - not being called by her own name was its own red flag. Very problematic.
2. Katie Lou - the origin/mastermind? of their drama. Maybe if she just chose Stanford like her sisters none of this would have happened. Low-key indirectly problematic.
3. Karlie - being publicly upset that one time about essentially people noticing her little sister not playing up to how she could've. No other documented incidents though. Somewhat problematic.
4. Jon - I can't tell if the public neutrality is good or bad. But probably good. Minimally problematic.
5. Bonnie - I hear she's an optometrist. Helping people literally not become blind. Not problematic. Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by Stormeo on 09/11/19 5:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The Sky players were apparently upset about the article on KLS's mother and refused to talk to the Chicago Sun Times after Tuesday's practice. Which seems pretty ridiculous. Assuming she did actually say/tweet those things - and I can't imagine the journalist making them up - then the article seemed pretty even-handed. Weird reaction from the players on the eve of your first playoff game in three years.

It seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Who needs stupid distractions like that right before playoffs?

Because you can’t ask for the same coverage men get and then shut out the media when the coverage gets critical. The Sun-Times reporter was doing his or her job by asking about it. At least give a no comment. Journalists are not public relations employees for the Sky.

It wasn't even particularly critical. The reporter basically just reported what happened. And yeah, I'd totally understand not wanting to talk about that story, by all means offer "no comment" on any further questions about it, but not talking at all suggests the reporter did something objectionable. It also in some ways makes it more of a story than just moving on.

PostPosted: 09/11/19 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
The maddening promise of Diamond DeShields
Polarizing reputation. Confusing résumé. Swirling questions. Second-year Chicago Sky guard Diamond DeShields is at a turning point in her young professional career. What has never been in question? Her ridiculous talent.

Katie Barnes (espnW.com)
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27585926/the-maddening-promise-diamond-deshields

Thanks for posting this. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/12/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The Sky players were apparently upset about the article on KLS's mother and refused to talk to the Chicago Sun Times after Tuesday's practice. Which seems pretty ridiculous. Assuming she did actually say/tweet those things - and I can't imagine the journalist making them up - then the article seemed pretty even-handed. Weird reaction from the players on the eve of your first playoff game in three years.

It seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Who needs stupid distractions like that right before playoffs?

Because you can’t ask for the same coverage men get and then shut out the media when the coverage gets critical. The Sun-Times reporter was doing his or her job by asking about it. At least give a no comment. Journalists are not public relations employees for the Sky.

Great point ... if there were indepth coverage of the league, it would result in a smattering of negative stories to go along with the positive.

PostPosted: 09/12/19 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This trade could be the solution.

Lavender,Samuelson and #8 pk for Phoenix #5 pk

Ofcourse, we have to re-sign Sloot,Quigley,Dolson,Nduor and Copper.

G- Sloot
G- Quigley
C- Dolson
F- Ndour
F- DeShields
6- Gabby
7- Parker
8- Copper
9- Alexander
10-#5 pk (Mompremier, Sabally, Alarie, Charles, Dangerfield, Hebard, Pivec)

Sabally would have to declare early

If Chicago does not re-sign Copper, Samuelson stays. If Chicago Re-signs Copper , I think Samuelson gets traded.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/13/19 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
This trade could be the solution.

Lavender,Samuelson and #8 pk for Phoenix #5 pk

Ofcourse, we have to re-sign Sloot,Quigley,Dolson,Nduor and Copper.

G- Sloot
G- Quigley
C- Dolson
F- Ndour
F- DeShields
6- Gabby
7- Parker
8- Copper
9- Alexander
10-#5 pk (Mompremier, Sabally, Alarie, Charles, Dangerfield, Hebard, Pivec)

Sabally would have to declare early

If Chicago does not re-sign Copper, Samuelson stays. If Chicago Re-signs Copper , I think Samuelson gets traded.

That is one lopsided trade that would favor Phoenix. The 2020 draft has very few blue chip players. Most of the players on your list would be available with the Sky's own draft pick. The Sky do not need to overreact to some disgruntled parent. Disgruntled parents are a part of sports just like injuries. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

That is one lopsided trade that would favor Phoenix. The 2020 draft has very few blue chip players. Most of the players on your list would be available with the Sky's own draft pick. The Sky do not need to overreact to some disgruntled parent. Disgruntled parents are a part of sports just like injuries. Very Happy

I don’t think this trade is all that lopsided when you take into account that Ndour and Copper (RFA) are both FA and could leave if Chicago doesn’t clear some cap space..... IMO, Ndour, Copper and the 5th pk is better than keeping Lavender,Samuelson and the 8th pk…..Copper said she loves playing in Chicago, but what if a team like LV entices Copper with a near max contract to be their starting SF and she signs an offer sheet?.....Does Chicago match and let Ndour walk?....I also think the difference between the 5th and 8th pk could be huge, especially if Carter and/or Sabally declare for the draft. Chicago would also have more options picking 5th rather than 8th.

I hope it doesn't come to this and Chicago can re-sign Copper and Ndour without giving up Lavender or Samuelson. I think all 4 players have value, that includes Samuelson.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/13/19 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's three spots in a draft class most people think is crap for this year's first-round lottery pick and a player who started for them all season until she got hurt.

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's three spots in a draft class most people think is crap for this year's first-round lottery pick and a player who started for them all season until she got hurt.

You're not factoring in the potential lost of Ndour and Copper. After Chicago signs Sloot,Quigley and Dolson will they have enough cap space to re-sigh Ndour and Copper without trading Lavender?

When it's all said and done I think Chicago will re-sign Ndour, let Copper walk and keep Lavender and Samuelson.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/13/19 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ Richyyy and Rock Hard

Now that I think about it, that trade is lopsided and stupid. I was so focused on clearing cap space that I just threw in Samuelson to sweeten the deal. There's also the possibility that Ndour doesn't play in 2020. It would be stupid to trade Lavender without knowing Ndour's intentions for next season.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I also think the difference between the 5th and 8th pk could be huge, especially if Carter and/or Sabally declare for the draft. Chicago would also have more options picking 5th rather than 8th.

You suddenly seem obsessed with Carter after I posted that Ogunbowale vs Carter video.

What would Wade say after drafting Carter? “Sloot’s days are numbered. I saw Carter as a backup plan.” Awkward, Wade.

Anyway, I checked my crystal ball. If both Sabally and Carter were to declare early, both would be gone before #5. Sorry. I’m not sure Carter’s ego would be amenable to being a backup. NYL would probably be a better fit for her. She’d be like a Boyd who can actually hit a shot.

What about Slocum if she declares? Do I have to post videos of her before she draws your interest? I love her. She can hit a long three, and I’ve never seen anybody who can dribble through a crowd like her. She’s a little on the short side but she’s built like a bulldog. She could actually be available at #8 unless her play this year dictates otherwise. And she has more of a humble disposition compared to Carter. Being a backup plan would be no problem.

zune69 wrote:
I think all 4 players have value, that includes Samuelson.

“This player has value. That’s why I’m dumping her from my new favorite team.”

Samuelson and Cunningham play pretty much the same position. I actually prefer Cunningham. She’s scrappy on both ends, plays defense, can hit the long ball as well as Samuelson. Cunningham also exhibits PG skills. Why would PHX want to put these players together on the same team?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/19 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your video was good. I've been watching Carter for a while. Hope she comes out and is still there at 4. I don't see Dallas needing her with Arike and Skylar already around.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/16/19 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pre-hand-injury Samuelson's minutes were:
18 (May 25) -> DNP <injury??> (June 1) -> 15 (June 5) -> 7 (June 9).

From what I saw, Samuelson was being used as a 3/4 when she got in, with no time at the 2. I am skeptical that she has a shot at replacing Allie Quigley at shooting guard. Unless the idea is that DeShields would actually replace Quigley at shooting guard and Samuelson would be the small forward.

Last edited by tfan on 09/16/19 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 09/16/19 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You suddenly seem obsessed with Carter after I posted that Ogunbowale vs Carter video.

What would Wade say after drafting Carter? “Sloot’s days are numbered. I saw Carter as a backup plan.” Awkward, Wade.

shades you can't be serious. Carter has always been on my radar. I think Carter needs to improve her shot selection but she definitely will be a great scorer at the next level. I just don't see her being a pg.

And I never said Chicago should draft Carter. Only that they would have more options available to them if she and Sabally declared for the draft. Carter IMO would be a terrible fit in Chicago. There's no way in hell Chicago should take Carter with the way their roster is currently constructed.

Shades wrote:
“This player has value. That’s why I’m dumping her from my new favorite team.”

Samuelson and Cunningham play pretty much the same position. I actually prefer Cunningham. She’s scrappy on both ends, plays defense, can hit the long ball as well as Samuelson. Cunningham also exhibits PG skills. Why would PHX want to put these players together on the same team?

Samuelson has more size than Cunningham and is a better catch n shoot player. Cunningham being a slightly better ball handler does not mean she has pg skills. However I do agree with you that Cunningham is the better defender, but that's not saying much. Cunningham is a bad defender at SF & PF. ....Samuelson's injury set her back so much that it's hard to get a good read on how good she's going to be. You prefer Cunningham and I prefer Samuelson, but I still like both players.....Also, I already rescinded my proposed Samuelson trade to Phoenix...Too pricey of a trade for Chicago.

Man Laughing Laughing Laughing ....Rebkell is funny.... shades is insinuating that I'm trying to make trades that are one-sided in Chicago's favor. In the Dallas Wings thread, I said they should go after Ndour/Copper because they need a pf/sf and got accused of cannibalizing Chicago for the benefit of Dallas. Laughing Laughing Laughing ...This board is funny.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/16/19 9:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
This board is funny.

That it is.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Question Question Question

25 assists vs. 20 turnovers in 32 games.
Not being able to break a defender on a crossover or able to successfully (and consistently) run a pick-and-roll or pick-and pop.

I like Cunningham as a shooter, either the first guard off the bench or as the 4th or 5th option behind Taurasi, Bonner, and Griner. But PG skills? No.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/17/19 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m comparing Cunningham’s skills to Samuelson’s. I’m not sure how that got lost. I’m not saying Cunningham should be a full time PG. i’m saying she exhibits those skills moreso than Samuelson. The more skills the better.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: