RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Where’s Spooner? Sparks-Dallas-Chicago. Go!

DeShields + Coates + #4 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago (she’s a Chicago native)
Cambage + #5 to Sparks

Sloot + Gabby + #15 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago
Cambage + AGray to Sparks

Then Quigley signs as an UFA to Dallas.
Not sure how Diggins figures into this arrangement when she comes back.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Shades wrote:
Where’s Spooner? Sparks-Dallas-Chicago. Go!

DeShields + Coates + #4 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago (she’s a Chicago native)
Cambage + #5 to Sparks

Sloot + Gabby + #15 to Dallas
Parker to Chicago
Cambage + AGray to Sparks

Then Quigley signs as an UFA to Dallas.
Not sure how Diggins figures into this arrangement when she comes back.

Sloot + DeShields + #4 + CHI first in 2020 to Dallas
Parker + Diggins to Chicago (both Chicago natives)
Cambage and AGray to Sparks

Quigley signs as an UFA to Dallas.
If Cambage pledges devotion to Sparks (otherwise why would they trade for her), who wins this trade?

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/24/19 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker grew up in Naperville, but as far as I know, she hasn't lived there since.

I'm generally unconvinced by these "returning home" narratives unless there's a really strong tie. I confess I'm a NorCal person and haven't left, but if I had been gone for 15 years after high school I'm not sure how strong the pull would be ... especially if the parts of the family I liked had moved away.

PostPosted: 01/24/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Candace Parker grew up in Naperville, but as far as I know, she hasn't lived there since.

I'm generally unconvinced by these "returning home" narratives unless there's a really strong tie.

If there was seems like she might have (demanded a trade and) gone back home years ago when the Sky had EDD and Fowles.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/24/19 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like how creative you have got with your trade ideas Shades, the Sloot to Dallas with a free throw in of Quigley as an UFA crossed my mind as well

easier but still makes sense

Chicago gets N. Ogwumike

Dallas gets Deshields and #4

LA gets Cambage

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/25/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I like how creative you have got with your trade ideas Shades, the Sloot to Dallas with a free throw in of Quigley as an UFA crossed my mind as well

Chicago gets N. Ogwumike

LA gets Cambage

Why in the world would Dallas rather have Deshields and a draft pick that Oguwumike? Nneka is one of the best players in the league.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 11:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Because they want to continue the Davis/DD dramarama Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/19 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chicago gets N. Ogwumike

LA gets Cambage

Why in the world would Dallas rather have Deshields and a draft pick that Oguwumike? Nneka is one of the best players in the league.

If she’s one the best in the league, why would the Sparks give her up?
Think about that for awhile. Maybe the Sparks want to finally fix the problem of their two best players being in the same ideal position. Now you want the Wings to have that same problem.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Riquna Williams or Essence Carson to Chicago. Alaina Coates to Dallas. Cambage and a 2nd round pick to LA.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/25/19 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Riquna Williams or Essence Carson to Chicago. Alaina Coates to Dallas. Cambage and a 2nd round pick to LA.

Shocked Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

If that’s supposed to be a trade proposal, it’s quite generous to the Sparks.
RWilliams and Carson are both UFA and uncored. Neither can be subject to trade.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/25/19 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Chicago gets N. Ogwumike

LA gets Cambage

I am the originator of N. Ogwumike straight up for Cambage and have put in some effort explaining why I think it is the right price and right move for both teams so you don't have to convince me that that is the deal dallas should take.

I switched it up because of the new Chicago being involved rumor.

Ogwumike would be great for Chicago

Deshields wanted to go to Dallas originally and proved to be a player on their way to all-star potential while also playing at a position where Chicago has Williams and Copper. Dallas could start her at the 3, would have Stevens and Johnson as a very solid combo at the 4 and could use pick 4 and 5 to address other areas on the roster.

I still prefer Ogwumike straight up for Cambage.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:

R Williams and Carson are both UFA and uncored. Neither can be subject to trade.

I think it should be generous to the Sparks. Cambage has made a trade demand and the assumption is that it is to the Sparks. Chicago didn't get Seimone Augustus or Angel McCoughtry for one-team-trade-demand Sylvia Fowles. They got a 33-year-old Ericka de Souza and still had to throw in a 2nd round pick. And Fowles plays every year.

Wiese and Samuelson to Chicago, Harper and NDour to Dallas, Cambage to LA.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/25/19 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:

R Williams and Carson are both UFA and uncored. Neither can be subject to trade.

I think it should be generous to the Sparks. Cambage has made a trade demand and the assumption is that it is to the Sparks. Chicago didn't get Seimone Augustus or Angel McCoughtry for Sylvia Fowles. They got a 33-year-old Ericka de Souza and still had to throw in a 2nd round pick.

That was a lousy deal for the Sky, but I'd blame Pokey for that. The Dream came out better on the deal and they didn't even need to be a part of the trade. I suspect that the prospect of Pokey blowing another trade demand (for Delle Donne) was the reason she was finally fired by the Sky. The Sky did much better on the trade for Delle Donne and the Sun did much better on the Charles trade.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/25/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:

I think it should be generous to the Sparks. Cambage has made a trade demand and the assumption is that it is to the Sparks. Chicago didn't get Seimone Augustus or Angel McCoughtry for Sylvia Fowles. They got a 33-year-old Ericka de Souza and still had to throw in a 2nd round pick.

That was a lousy deal for the Sky, but I'd blame Pokey for that. The Dream came out better on the deal and they didn't even need to be a part of the trade. I suspect that the prospect of Pokey blowing another trade demand (for Delle Donne) was the reason she was finally fired by the Sky. The Sky did much better on the trade for Delle Donne and the Sun did much better on the Charles trade.

Yeah, good point, particularly with regard to Delle Donne. But the credit for that trade may go more to Roger Griffiths (or the fact that the Lynx had an already great roster) than Chatman. Delle Donne was traded on January 30, 2017 for Stefanie Dolson, Kahleah Copper and the #2 pick in the 2017 draft. Tina Charles was traded April 16, 2014 for Alyssa Thomas, Kelsey Bone and a first-round draft pick in 2015. Both pre-season trades. Fowles was traded July 28, 2015 along with a 2nd round pick for Ericka de Souza. If LA keeps saying no, once the season starts they should have to give up less. Waiting a year would be even less.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/25/19 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The possibility of low balling is why it was leaked that NY and Lv were also on her wish list creating at least the cconcpt of a bidding war

If anything the Fowles situation probably speaks more to the idea that you need make the trade happen before the season or stick to your guns and force the sit out for the whole season no second guessing.

I don't know why Chicago has to be involved La has decent assets as does Lv

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/26/19 2:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The possibility of low balling is why it was leaked that NY and Lv were also on her wish list creating at least the cconcpt of a bidding war

If anything the Fowles situation probably speaks more to the idea that you need make the trade happen before the season or stick to your guns and force the sit out for the whole season no second guessing.

I don't know why Chicago has to be involved La has decent assets as does Lv

I would prefer if Chicago stayed out of the Cambage negotiations. I don't want Chicago to have to trade ANY of their young assets away.

PostPosted: 01/26/19 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

I don't know why Chicago has to be involved LA has decent assets as does LV

Chicago definitely doesn’t need to be involved in a Dallas trade with Vegas.
Vegas has an extra PG and extra bigs plus that #1 pick.

To me Chicago might help to make a better fit with the trade pieces offered by the Sparks. Like Ogwumike is a better fit in Chicago than Dallas. Sims may not really work in Dallas. Or who knows, maybe Parker is actually receptive to the idea of returning to Chicago, especially if she has extensive family there that haven’t really seen little Lailaa grow up, including her 85 yr old grandmother. You just never know with these things. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/19 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I would prefer if Chicago stayed out of the Cambage negotiations. I don't want Chicago to have to trade ANY of their young assets away.

Even if you would end up with a more workable roster? I thought most people agreed that Chicago’s roster is sloppily constructed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/26/19 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TFan , i would respectfully appreciate it if you discontinued your trade ideas for my Dallas Wings. Evil or Very Mad Laughing

PostPosted: 01/26/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

than,

Please stop....just stop it, please!!!

zune69

PostPosted: 01/26/19 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To Dal- DeShields, Ogwumike, and Coates.

To LA- Cambage and Davis

To Chi- Glory,#5 pk(Dal), #7 pk(LA)

LA balances their roster by getting a legit center. Parker gets to play with her Goddaughter/Godsister.

Chicago balances their roster by getting a PF. Gabby moves to the 3. Chicago also gets the #5 & #7 pks in the upcoming draft.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/26/19 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Zune

I was working on a similar trade mine was a little more minimalist

Chi gets Johnson and 7

Dallas gets Ogwumike and Deshields

LA gets Cambage and 15

But same main ideas Chi get a pf and a pick and can move Gabby. To the 3

Dallas gets Nneka and Diamond

LA get Cambage and a high 2nd round pick with a cheap contract as their roster look expensive again

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/26/19 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

these still look to me like Dallas is getting too much for a player that wants out, and especially a player who may only play one or two seasons for her new team. If I'm LA, I'm not giving up Nneka and a pick for her...and maybe not even Nneka str8 across. And since Davis didn't get a lot of playing time in Dallas, why does LA want her too? It looks like you're just trying to unload her somewhere.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/26/19 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To Zune,
DeShields + Coates = Ogwumike + #7 = Cambage + GJohnson + Davis + #5

Doesn’t look much like a balanced equation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 8 of 22

Jump to: