Storm
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Sparks
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Shades

PostPosted: 09/04/19 5:17 pm    ::: Storm @ Sparks - 9/05/19 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: CBS Sports Network, Spectrum Sportsnet

Stream:
https://www.cbssports.com/live/

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20190906/SEALAS

ESPN Gamecast:
http://www.espn.com/wnba/game?gameId=401105106

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 09/04/19 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This should be interesting. Lynx fans rooting for the Sparks.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/05/19 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sparks will win if candace parker doesn't f it up.

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
sparks will win if candace parker doesn't f it up.
You mean if she gives a half an effort. To me it seems that she seldom ups her game when it is necessary. She did so the second half of their last game, but played her usually complacent game in the first dogging it on defense. I truly believe that her complacency rubs off on her teammates.

She did the same thing last season when she came in off of her injury. The first few games she gave an effort but then she just seemed to trot through the remainder of the games. Just like this season, she gave little effort in key games they should have won until the team was in a position where they could not afford to lose at all inorder to even get a bye at all. Fortunately if appears that they will get a first round bye this season. They also have the depth to not get burned out during the playoffs.

She can still play when she has her game face on, but that is far to often missing. Basketball is a weird game. Even the best players have off nights, so you can not just rely on turning it up at the right moment. Sometimes it just isn't there even when you try hard. The thing is to give effort on defense effort every game. While you shot might abandon you, you can always play defense. The team could have and should have won a few more to those close games against lesser teams with just a modicum more defensive effort by certain players. If they had they would not be in the " have to win games to maintain their seed now. You want to avoid Washington as long as possible if they should advance too far.

At least Fisher seems to have recognized that you try to adjust you personal according to matchups and put complimentory players together during you sub pattern. Putting Cheney and Parker on the floor together and Brown and Vadeeva together just makes little sense. Why they allow the WNBA to be utilized as " On the Job Training " for ex player transitioning to coaching is beyond me.

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We better beat down the Storm tonight. The only way we can guarantee holding down the #3 seed is by winning out. We can't count on the Aces losing any more games. Time to start putting the finishing touches on this year's team chemistry!

PostPosted: 09/05/19 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces need the Sparks to lose.

Go Storm! Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 09/05/19 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colerr wrote:
Aces need the Sparks to lose.

Go Storm! Laughing

Both of those orgs are standing in the way of our destiny. Be gone!!!

PostPosted: 09/05/19 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As much as I’d like the Storm to win, these two teams could very well end up meeting again next week as the 3 vs. 6 matchup. If the Storm wins this one, I feel like there’s a lot smaller chance they’d win that one (if I’m not getting too ahead of myself), so I won’t be too upset if they lose or even get blown out, just for that reason. The Sparks play particularly well at home...

vossy

PostPosted: 09/05/19 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“Why they allow the WNBA to be utilized as " On the Job Training " for ex player transitioning to coaching is beyond me.”

Agree - hiring a legit coach would be a much better show of support/ respect for the Sparks than a Lisa Leslie statue.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 09/05/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
As much as I’d like the Storm to win, these two teams could very well end up meeting again next week as the 3 vs. 6 matchup. If the Storm wins this one, I feel like there’s a lot smaller chance they’d win that one (if I’m not getting too ahead of myself), so I won’t be too upset if they lose or even get blown out, just for that reason. The Sparks play particularly well at home...

Indeed they do so they can thank the ref's for that.

scrappy

PostPosted: 09/05/19 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so all the games tonight are not going to be on league pass?

way to go, wnba. you are doing a great job screwing your fans. i guess with all the stupid management woohoos that you made. nothing compares to this one.

good bye after this season. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 09/05/19 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

way to go, wnba. you are doing a great job screwing your fans. i guess with all the stupid management woohoos that you made. nothing compares to this one.

may be it's a blessing.

because i don't have to witness candace parker decides to be magic johnson and f up the game again.

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
scrappy wrote:

may be it's a blessing.

because i don't have to witness candace parker decides to be magic johnson and f up the game again.

https://windscribe.com/features/use-for-free

I use this VPN. They have a good free option, but I like it so much that I paid for it. Set it up, pick a site outside of the US, then open League Pass. The free plan has 10GB of data, which is plenty for a game, but you can also sign out of the VPN after you start streaming it. League Pass won't detect the change.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/05/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to admit that I find it slightly amusing to witness the discussion of a player who nearly had a triple double two nights ago. She can definitely drive me crazy from time to time because I want her to be more active, etc. but I know she's not 100% and her body can't do what it used to do. Still there is no other world class player who has had the same amount and type of injuries, setbacks and responsibilities and has near the same level of success. I remember watching her try to do everything pre-Nneka and for a while after Nneka got there. She was wearing herself out, heart on her sleeve, just doing a lot. The year she took half the season off, the Sparks weren't able to do anything until she got back. She was well rested and on a complete tare...averaging near a triple double every night. She is not perfect (none of them are) but I don't fully understand why there is so much criticism of her game, particularly given what she has given to the sport.... but it is what it is.

This article says it better than I can: https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/09/candace-parker-equality-in-wnba

I had no idea about this until a few days ago, but it makes sense:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1-qxNFhawZ/

Go Sparks!!

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/05/19 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks win gives them third (?). A win would put them 1 game up on the Aces with one to play, season series is tied and I think the Sparks have the tie breaker.

Chicago could still catch the Sparks but the Sparks won the season series 2-1.

Chicago would the first eliminated in a three way tie, and LA should go through with the tie breaker over the Aces assuming that can't change (2-2 head to head, LA has more wins against .500 and over teams)

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Link to the game. (Not responsible for any adware etc. refuse any downloads)

https://www.viprow.net/los-angeles-sparks-w-vs-seattle-storm-w-1-online-stream

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C’mon Sparks!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks up 13 Seattle tried to make it a game before half but too much sparks in the paint right now.

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
She is not perfect (none of them are) but I don't fully understand why there is so much criticism of her game, particularly given what she has given to the sport.... but it is what it is.

Sparks lose, Parker didn’t give enough effort.

Sparks win, Parker still could’ve given more effort. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
She is not perfect (none of them are) but I don't fully understand why there is so much criticism of her game, particularly given what she has given to the sport.... but it is what it is.

Sparks lose, Parker didn’t give enough effort.

Sparks win, Parker still could’ve given more effort. Laughing

Yup! Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/05/19 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace is a cemented legend period!

PostPosted: 09/05/19 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CP I see you with your overrated self Laughing Laughing

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/05/19 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game is emblematic of how LA should look and play. I need Bay to find her shot though

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
I need Bay to find her shot though

All 18 of them?

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/05/19 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CP takes a lot of plays off. Things like not blocking out or getting back on defense hurts when you are in a close game. I can see when she has her game face on and when she doesn't.

Look! I can understand when you are the star that carries the team and they rely on you. Then you have to pace yourself. But the situation is different and now and has been for a while. The Sparks have depth and at every position (except for the Point- Chelsea gets a lot of minutes every game). When you are in the game you should not take plays off. CP might have some really good games that reflect her past abilities, but the fact is that the team no longer relies on her to carry them offensively. No need for her to take plays off. I don't just watch a player when they have the ball in their hands, but if the do the grunt work like play consistent defense, block out-hustle, etc. She played the second half of the Indiana game with her game face on so we know she is still capable when she wants to.

I don't dislike Parker- never have. I always wondered why people didn't care for her, but watching he play the last few years I now know why. I don't care what she did years ago, what she does now matters. Sure she blocks shots, but she also misses basic assignments that cost her team points. In the Indiana game, she more than once didn't block out her defensive assignment who then put in the O-board for the score twice. She also refused to get back on defense and her man had an open layup despite the fact she was right next to them when the break started. It's stuff like that I am talking about. She did, however, redeem herself in the second half, but she hasn't done that too often this year.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: