RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Indiana Fever 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herna220

PostPosted: 09/05/19 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Looks a little like the U of Minnesota’s “Barn”.

9100 capacity

But does it have air conditioning?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/05/19 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herna220 wrote:
But does it have air conditioning?

https://www.indystar.com/amp/1688220002
Quote:
Butler announced plans Friday for a $10.5 million project that will renovate a basketball practice facility and provide air conditioning for 90-year-old Hinkle Fieldhouse. The university has already raised $8 million, according to a news release.

Completion is scheduled for fall 2019. A $36 million renovation of Hinkle Fieldhouse was finished in 2014.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least the Fever fans know where their team is playing next season. Us Liberty fans are patiently waiting on our location.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
miller40

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m so happy the team is playing in Hinkle and not out at the fairground. Butler is easier for me to get to than Bankers Life, so next summer should be fun.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
We don't have a lot of Indianapolis folks on here, but any info about the site, parking, traffic, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Within walking distance from my sister's house so parking is good for me. Might just go to a Fever home game next summer.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/05/19 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
ClayK wrote:
We don't have a lot of Indianapolis folks on here, but any info about the site, parking, traffic, etc., would be greatly appreciated.

Within walking distance from my sister's house so parking is good for me. Might just go to a Fever home game next summer.

I do recall seeing a pretty big parking lot.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/05/19 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

I've been there probably 25-30 times, but none recently. There are bleachers on the end lines. Would be a great place to watch from if they allow it. The only entry points that I know about are on the south side.

I'd say that parking is limited. I did a quick count of the two parking lots that are at Hinkle and came up with about 650. I remember going to some state final games and we'd park out on the streets when the parking lot was full.

There are long ramps to go up to the second level. It is a really cool place that has lost some of the charm with the renos, but has gained a lot of comfort. I was there in '87 for the Pan Am Games volleyball. HOT doesn't describe it. I'm not even sure that hot and miserable describes it. There wasn't any AC at the time (it was a basketball arena! Who needed AC in the winter?).

I like it mostly because of the history. I'll probably try to get to a game or two.

Here are some links:

Parking (do sat view to really see what's there)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Butler+University/@39.8433465,-86.1658815,293m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x886b53fa88a5c3af:0x3c5d32ecb2d453e!8m2!3d39.8411235!4d-86.1711908

History of Hinkle:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinkle_Fieldhouse

Restoration:

https://stories.butler.edu/content/indiana-landmarks-honors-butler-restoration-hinkle-fieldhouse

History and a few pics of the concourse:

https://butlersports.com/facilities/?id=1

https://butlersports.com/facilities/?id=8

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Shades

PostPosted: 09/06/19 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's found her smile again: Fever rookie Kennedy Burke's journey from last cut to starter
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/basketball/wnba/fever/2019/09/06/indiana-fever-rookie-kennedy-burke-moves-into-starting-lineup-ucla-bruins/2218718001/

Quote:
"My first year in college was pretty hard for me," she said. "I wanted to quit because it was that hard. I tell my coach (Close) all the time, 'You helped me develop into the player I am today.' We used to butt heads, but I thank her. ... I'm blessed to have her in my life."

Quote:
She was selected 22nd by the Dallas Wings, but even her lowest point at UCLA couldn't prepare for what came next.

Quote:
Burke played well in the preseason, leading the team in scoring after three games. She was confident she'd done enough to make the team. Her Dallas teammates were sure she'd make the trip to Atlanta to face the Dream in the season opener.

Then she was called in for a meeting with team president Greg Bibb and head coach Brian Agler. She'd been cut.

"It's honestly kind of crazy. In Dallas, making it to the last day, I really thought I was going to make the team," she said. "I had no expression at first, but when I got to my room I was bawling my eyes out.

"It was one of those moments like, 'Am I good enough? Where do I go now? What's next for me?'"

Quote:
The despair and doubt did not last long. Two days after she was waived by the Wings, Pokey Chatman and the Fever claimed Burke on waivers.

Quote:
On the court, Burke's length makes her one of the team's top perimeter defenders. Her long arms combined with quick feet allow her to switch positions one through four, and she causes havoc in passing lanes with deflections and steals.

Quote:
It's hard to find guards with Burke's skill set. Chatman considers her a valuable chess piece and is expecting big things from her in the future.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: