RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/02/18 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
With the exception of Durr, would you mind posting the first names of the other three picks you have for Dallas so I can checkout videos on them?

Guessing

Caliya Robinson From University of Georgia and Jatarie White from Texas.

Robinson is pretty good I think she could slip into the 1st round.
MrCam

PostPosted: 10/02/18 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
>Here is a question: Which of the three is the best player TODAY? A'ja Wilson, Maria Vadeeva, or Alanna Smith? Which player has done more in the WNBA so far?

Easy answer, of course, especially as Smith is still in college.

Don't quite get the point, though -- who's saying Vadeeva or Vadeeva or Smith is better than Wilson?

https://www.bluestarmedia.org/europeans-mocking-the-wnba-2018-draft-as-it-underlines-the-lack-of-global-game-view-stateside/

They all played in the 2015 FIBA U19 Girls Tournament. Vadeeva & Wilson

entered the WNBA in the 2018 season. Smith & Wilson played for their

respective national teams in the 2018 Women's World Cup of Basketball.

One point is; from July 2015 to Sept 2018, which player is ahead devel-

opmentally, Smith, Vadeeva, or Wilson? By the 2020 Tokyo Olympics,

who will be the better player, Alanna Smith or A'ja Wilson? I left out

Vadeeva & Russia because I do not see Russia qualifying for the 2020

Tokyo Olympics in Basketball.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/02/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talk about Dead Wrong in Public ...

To be fair, Vadeeva could still develop into a pretty good player, though at this point she'd have to go a long way to pass Wilson.

PostPosted: 10/02/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Talk about Dead Wrong in Public ...

To be fair, Vadeeva could still develop into a pretty good player, though at this point she'd have to go a long way to pass Wilson.

IN Paul Nilsen's eyes: To be fair, Wilson could still develop into a pretty
good player, though at this point she'd have to go a long way to pass Vadeeva.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/02/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, thanks!!![/quote]

awhom111

PostPosted: 10/02/18 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
awhom111 wrote:
Magbegor should get a lot more playing time this season, Han will be playing in the pro league

What American will Han be playing with?

Natasha Howard apparently. Guess we'll have to rule out Minnesota as an option for her.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/02/18 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
With the exception of Durr, would you mind posting the first names of the other three picks you have for Dallas so I can checkout videos on them?

Guessing

Caliya Robinson From University of Georgia and Jatarie White from Texas.

Robinson is pretty good I think she could slip into the 1st round.

Yes and also Lashann Higgs from Texas who might be a nice back PG to Diggins-Smith.

But please don't take my mocks too seriously I change my mind a lot and do way too much local connections after the 1st round.

but Dallas would look pretty nice with this draft

Diggins-Smith/Higgs
Durr/A. Gray/Hill
Stevens/Thorton
GloJo/Robinson
Cambage(fingers crossed)/Plaisance/White

And you still have Davis incase Cambage or GloJo moves on you can slide Thorton and or Stevens up a slot to the PF spot and add in Davis or Christmas if she resigns. You could also start Gray at the SF spot if you want to go with more traditional size on the perimeter.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/03/18 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok....I'm about to check them out now!!!

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/03/18 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's your opinion on them giving Maggie Lucas a one year contract to see how she fits in with the squad, instead of two or three games?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/03/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
What's your opinion on them giving Maggie Lucas a one year contract to see how she fits in with the squad, instead of two or three games?

I say give her a non-guaranteed contract (no way she should get a guaranteed one) and then who cares how long it ....

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/03/18 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree....

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 10/03/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking for Smith to be more consistent this year as she can be very involved then disappear. Sometimes she gets in foul trouble when she doesn't follow the court.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/03/18 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:

I say give her a non-guaranteed contract (no way she should get a guaranteed one) and then who cares how long it ....

I forgot about Lucas. I like her. She should definitely be given a shot to win an end of roster spot.

Her ability to shoo the 3 is her WNBA level skill to keep her in the conversation. I think she needs to expand her handle to a point where she is a legit back up PG if she is going to continue to stay in the league beyond her rookie scale contract.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/04/18 7:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope it works out for her in some capacity because I think she is a good fit for this team, and I like how the pace picks up a bit with the little playing time she was able to get.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/04/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For someone who does very little else, you'd like to see a better career 3pt shooting percentage than .316. Jordan Hooper's is .346 and at least she takes up more room. Lucas might get a training camp invite but hard to see any more than that.

PostPosted: 10/04/18 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For someone who does very little else, you'd like to see a better career 3pt shooting percentage than .316. Jordan Hooper's is .346 and at least she takes up more room. Lucas might get a training camp invite but hard to see any more than that.

Exactly. For someone who is supposed to be a shooter, she doesn't shoot well.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/04/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

__________ X

PostPosted: 10/04/18 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelly Graves talking about the possibility of Ionescu going pro: https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181001/pac-12-champion-oregon-ducks-womens-basketball-team-returns-to-practice

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/04/18 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Kelly Graves talking about the possibility of Ionescu going pro: https://www.ducksports.com/sports/20181001/pac-12-champion-oregon-ducks-womens-basketball-team-returns-to-practice

Um, where? I don't see anything in the article about the possibility of Ionescu entering the draft.

PostPosted: 10/04/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Um, where? I don't see anything in the article about the possibility of Ionescu entering the draft.

And based on Ionescu's Team USA camp exit, she needs more develop-
ment time. She stated that there was a significant increase in the speed
of play and the physicality between college and national team play. Kel-
sey Plum is the ALL time NCAA Div 1 scoring champion, had a much
better season two in the WNBA, and yet, in the 2018 FIBA Women's
World Cup she looked slightly above the 5th guard option on the USA
bench.

Last edited by MrCam on 10/04/18 9:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 10/04/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He’s definitely done his research on the topic. Even knows what a top rookie makes. He claims overseas money is drying up unless you’re tall and a top player. He sounds like a pretty smooth talker who will easily be able to persuade Ionescu into staying even if she was thinking of leaving early.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/04/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I didn't look at the exact number but it's somewhere around 5 minutes into the podcast.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 10/04/18 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I didn't look at the exact number but it's somewhere around 5 minutes into the podcast.

Closer to the 6:30 mark. Graves doesn't really say much -- they haven't gotten around to having the conversation about Ionescu turning pro. He will sit down with Sabrina and her parents at some point, and he'll support whatever they decide. In his opinion, money should not be the reason she leaves because the WNBA doesn't pay much and overseas opportunities are drying up for anyone other than big centers. At least that's how he sees things. It wouldn't surprise me if opportunities are fewer these days because of economic conditions overseas, but I doubt the impact is based on position. I'm sure if people view you as the future Taurasi or Bird, that player will still be in demand.

I'll say this for him, Graves has a great voice for broadcasting should he ever be interested.

PostPosted: 10/05/18 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've known Kelly Graves a long time, and his record echoes my impression: He's really good at what he does.

That said, I've known Sabrina for a long time too, and she's not the kind of person anyone is going to "convince" to do something that she doesn't see as in her best interests.

Now, what her "best interests" are is open to debate. She can stay at Oregon, set all kinds of records (presumably) and enjoy school for another year. Or, despite what Graves said, she can make at least $125,000 or maybe more playing professional basketball.

My understanding is that she'll be close to graduating at the end of this school year, so getting the degree is probably not a major factor in the decision.

It will be interesting in Eugene ...

PostPosted: 10/05/18 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could be interesting for Lindsay Kagawa Colas.

Most obvious potential star client to chase in this class: Sabrina Ionescu
Team she'd go to at #1, which obviously you'd want for her: Las Vegas
Player who's already starting at the point for Vegas, as you demanded: Kelsey Plum

Of course, if her value is now significantly higher than Jefferson's, they could always trade Plum instead and keep MoJeff as the backup/sidekick to Ionescu. That might solve things for LKC.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 14 of 74

Jump to: