View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/29/18 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2019/

That site has two second round picks going to ATL, which is wrong. One of those picks goes back to CON.

You enjoy finding the negatives and exposing them huh ? Not attacking or being snarky just asking a serious question ? Laughing Laughing

Why do you see trying to get an error corrected as a negative? I see that as doing them a favor. I’m seeing this type of comment from you as being negative towards me. You pulled the same sort of BS yesterday.

If i stated im not being snarky and asking a serious question why would you take it as snarky ? BS ? I think you assume everyone in the world "Needs your help" i was just asking if you enjoy it or not lol chill dude.

PostPosted: 08/29/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’d like to see Chicago trade for another pick and take Collier or Briana Turner. My ideal scenario would be Chicago getting KLS and Turner. Maybe Copper to LA or Minnesota for their pick.
Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Samuelson/Harper
Deshields/Williams
Turner/Parker/2nd round pick or FA
Dolson/Ndour

PostPosted: 08/29/18 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I’d like to see Chicago trade for another pick and take Collier or Briana Turner. My ideal scenario would be Chicago getting KLS and Turner. Maybe Copper to LA or Minnesota for their pick.
Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Samuelson/Harper
Deshields/Williams
Dolson/Ndour

You seem a bit stocked at guard. KLS will play SF most likely. You should be giving Anigwe or Shephard/Gustafson a look as well.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
tfan wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.

You’re benching the ROY?

When she is a career 38.9 shooter overall and 28.5 from three, yes.

And Diggins-Smith was only 29.7% (51-172) from 3 in 2018 (30.7 career).

Diggins shot 35 percent from three last year, but 29.7 percent this year.

Diggins is also 3rd in the WNBA in assists per game - 6.2 apg.

Gray shot 29.9 percent from three last year and dropped to 27.0 percent from three this year. And, unlike Diggins, she does not rank in the top three in a major offensive category - playmaking.

Gray also got the line 37 times less this year than last.

Gray is a shooting guard. If she cannot shoot from distance - one of Dallas's biggest weaknesses - and if she is not making it up at the free throw line or really contributing a lot in other statistics, why shouldn't a 15-19 team replace her in the starting lineup?

I wasn't suggesting she shouldn't be replaced. I was suggesting that her poor three point shooting is even worse because Diggins-Smith is also no three point marksman most years.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/30/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/30/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Samuelson/Harper
Deshields/Williams
Dolson/Ndour

Sounds good in theory but Faulkner is going to miss most or all of next season rehabbing. I also don't think it will be easy to pry away a mid-first round pick in this draft.

WNBA 09 wrote:

You seem a bit stocked at guard. KLS will play SF most likely. You should be giving Anigwe or Shephard/Gustafson a look as well.

Shepard? Gustafson? Man we're trying to improve our defense, not make it even worse Laughing

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/30/18 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

UK1996

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
Sloot/Faulkner
Quigley/Samuelson/Harper
Deshields/Williams
Dolson/Ndour

Sounds good in theory but Faulkner is going to miss most or all of next season rehabbing. I also don't think it will be easy to pry away a mid-first round pick in this draft.

WNBA 09 wrote:

Shepard? Gustafson? Man we're trying to improve our defense, not make it even worse Laughing

I do agree we are fairly stacked at guard and KLS is kind of a personal preference. Turner could help with the defense and I think could be a good compliment to Dolson.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is KLS at WNBA level - a 3 or a 4? Because very few players are genuinely both, especially when they first turn pro. And if she's mostly a 4, that obviously presents some issues for certain teams (like Vegas, for example, if you see her as an option at #1).

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
What is KLS at WNBA level - a 3 or a 4? Because very few players are genuinely both, especially when they first turn pro. And if she's mostly a 4, that obviously presents some issues for certain teams (like Vegas, for example, if you see her as an option at #1).

I doubt she's going to be anyone's #1 option . KLS should play the 3. Her playing the 4 in the WNBA with that frame is worse than having Gabby play their.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
Maybe Copper to LA or Minnesota for their pick.

Second round pick? We got three of them, but as trade pieces, I’m actually setting my sights higher than Copper.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ucbart

PostPosted: 08/30/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I doubt she's going to be anyone's #1 option . KLS should play the 3. Her playing the 4 in the WNBA with that frame is worse than having Gabby play their.

Lou is a 3. She can't play PF in college, nor has she ever, so she certainly can't play it in the W. Lou is a tall shooter who sees the floor well, can set up teammates and can be sort of a point forward. She also does very well posting up smaller guards. She will do well in the W, but has to get stronger, IMO.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Lou is a 3. She can't play PF in college, nor has she ever, so she certainly can't play it in the W. Lou is a tall shooter who sees the floor well, can set up teammates and can be sort of a point forward. She also does very well posting up smaller guards. She will do well in the W, but has to get stronger, IMO.

Fair enough. It won't matter if she's good enough offensively, as we've seen with star scorers in the past, but can she guard anyone? The size/length will help, obviously, but not if everyone goes right by her.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KLS was a better defender than the other guards being considered last year and she played on torn ankle ligaments. She is a smart defender who uses her length and knows the angles and scout. She had lead in taking charges also which shows she has heart. She is perfect when teams try to do pick and rolls as she can switch from guard to post with another big and makes it difficult for smaller guards to see. Interesting you single her out when the other guards are terrible defenders hmmm.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's the size of a 4 but being expected to play the perimeter. That would typically mean she's going to be slow-footed for the position. And I don't watch much college basketball so I ask questions.

It gets very tiresome when people make 'subtle' insinuations that you're in some way racist when you ask about anything remotely negative on a white player.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Size has nothing to do with how mobile she is. Her size is her advantage. And if you are getting tired of being called out maybe you should ask yourself why. Racists seem to always say they aren’t. But what’s interesting is that you did not mention how badly the other guards are at defense.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/30/18 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like almost every young player, there are defensive questions with KLS.

She's not blindingly athletic, but she's long and has a feel for the game. I would think that if she scores consistently, coaches will live with her defense. But if it turns out that WNBA wings are too athletic and strong for her, her defense definitely won't save her.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Her defense improved a lot from her so. To jr. year.

Gonna disagree with other Uconn fans here. She only played the 3 at Uconn, because Uconn had Gabby and Collier, and no real guard depth. I expect she’ll play the four in the pros, and is similar in style to Delle Donne and Stewart. But agree that she definitely needs to get stronger.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

She's not blindingly athletic, but she's long and has a feel for the game. I would think that if she scores consistently, coaches will live with her defense. But if it turns out that WNBA wings are too athletic and strong for her, her defense definitely won't save her.

The list of 6-3 or bigger players who've survived in the WNBA as perimeter players is DeWanna Bonner and... um... anyone have anyone to add?

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Geno has been trying to get LouConn ready for the pro’s by posting her up, and he thought he could turn her in to Stewart, but LouConn ain’t no stewie. I can’t think of a shooter who was that tall but could really hit from deep maybe Shameka Christon but she was listed only 6’1. I think Lou would be a good 3rd option on a team, and should be taken in the 5-10 range of the draft, anyone who thinks she should go number 1 is a Uconn fan. I still think she and Collier will be all stars at some point but I don’t see them going in the lottery. Durr and the quality guard from notre dame has the tools and athleticism needed to try and become decent defenders.
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

The list of 6-3 or bigger players who've survived in the WNBA as perimeter players is DeWanna Bonner and... um... anyone have anyone to add?

Great point. But KLS is probably more like Bonner than anyone else in the league right now at least in terms of build. I just can't see her as a four right out of college, though it could happen. She just doesn't seem strong enough to handle it ...

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
I expect she’ll play the four in the pros

I doubt it, unless maybe Stocks drafts her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
I expect she’ll play the four in the pros

I doubt it, unless maybe Stocks drafts her.

JINXED! KLS, the Sky's new power forward. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
ClayK wrote:

But how many have tried? It's kind of a chicken and egg thing. Do you get moved to SF if you're over 6-1? Sydney Spencer had a few seasons in the league as a tall SF because of her outside shooting. She was clearly slow on defense, but Spencer was also listed at 183 lbs. She was the size of a PF and probably should have been playing PF. Samuelson is listed at 165 lbs. That's a lot less bulk. KLS clearly has more speed and lateral quickness than Spencer, and a different mindset too. KLS is constantly moving without the ball on offense, and she's active with help defense in a way Spencer never was. As for Shameka Christon, she was listed at 6-1 170 with the Liberty, but NY fans always figured she was more like 6-2. By the time she retired with Phoenix, Christon was listed at 6-3 192. I guess some women keep growing in their 30's. Laughing But by then, I believe Christon was mostly playing PF.

PostPosted: 08/30/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no way in hell KLS is a PF at the next level...She's not a banger, doesn't have a low post game,and would be a liability on defense.Spot minutes at the 4? maybe...most of her minutes at the 4? No....But something tells me that Stocks will select KLS with the 4th pick anyway.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/30/18 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 7 of 74

Jump to: