RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 5:58 pm    ::: 2019 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote


This unique 6’7 prospect for 2019 took a fairly motley crew to the NCAA Finals two years in a row, but NBD

Lottery odds for first 4 picks
Code:
Team     1st    2nd    3rd    4th
——       -----  -----  -----  -----
IND      44.20  31.55  24.25   0.00
LVA      27.60  31.05  31.80   9.55
CHI      17.80  22.95  43.95  15.30
NYL      10.40  14.45   0.00  75.15



First Round
1. LVA
2. NYL
3. IND
4. CHI
5. DAL
6. MIN
7. LAS
8. PHX
9. CON
10.WAS
11. ATL
12. SEA

Second Round [Pick #21 & #23 could flip depending on which second round pick involved in trade]
13. PHX [From LVA in 2/2/18 Bone trade. Pick origin from IND in 2/1/18 Alexander trade]
14. NYL
15. CHI
16. MIN [From LVA through 4/12/18 Park/Lawrence trade]
17. DAL
18. MIN
19. LAS
20. MIN [From PHX in 3/7/18 Robinson trade]
21. ATL [From CON in 4/12/18 Holmes trade]
22. DAL [From WAS in 7/23/18 Powers trade]
23. CON [From ATL in 7/19/18 Clarendon trade]
24. SEA

Third Round
25. IND
26. NYL
27. CHI
28. IND [From LVA in 2/1/18 Alexander trade]
29. DAL
30. MIN
31. LAS
32. PHX
33. CON
34. WAS
35. ATL
36. SEA

Prominent Eligibles
Sabrina Ionescu G ORE
Beatrice Mompremier C MIA
Tiana Mangakahia G SYR
Tynice Martin G WVU
T’ea Cooper G SCAR
Destiny Slocum G OSU



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned


Last edited by Shades on 11/17/18 12:36 pm; edited 8 times in total
hangtyme24



Joined: 21 May 2006
Posts: 2268



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Seattle and Minnesota agree to swap first round picks in the Howard deal?

Nvm. Did my research 'Minnesota will have the right to exercise a swap of 2019 first round picks.' Im sure they're going to keep their pick.



_________________
HERE 2 STAY!


Last edited by hangtyme24 on 08/19/18 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Didn't Seattle and Minnesota agree to swap first round picks in the Howard deal?


Minnesota has the option to swap picks, which they wouldn’t want to do now.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4431
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe you have the 13th and 16th picks switched. Minnesota gets LVA's 2nd Round pick (#16). Phoenix gets the Indiana pick that LVA acquired in the Alexander trade (#13).


http://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-acquire-all-star-kelsey-bone-from-phoenix-mercury/

http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-make-trade-draft-night-add-two-pieces-including-familiar-face/



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I’ll go by that. Now how about the CON & ATL second round picks?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
calbearman76



Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 3085
Location: Carson City


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:
Didn't Seattle and Minnesota agree to swap first round picks in the Howard deal?


Minnesota has the option to swap picks, which they wouldn’t want to do now.


I'm not sure. It wouldn't be as bad a decision as the original deal. Laughing


PRballer



Joined: 18 Apr 2007
Posts: 2073



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

-Notes: this assumes Brianna Turner is healthy and performs to her old standards (she could go even higher?) or at best replaces Sancho or is the 4 of the future for BG; and assumes the young Aussie does fairly well in the World Cup.
-How good can Anigwe be? If she has a better year maybe PHX takes the local kid over Turner?
-Maybe Ogunbowale is too low here and likely gone by 5/6
-Does Indiana take Durr first like Howard M claims? Does that make too many guards in Indiana or do you figure Cappie and Wheeler are not the answer and you can’t rely on the Mitchells being elite or Shenise Johnson ever going back to her highest form? Not sure how you pass up 6’7 but again not sure how you give the reins of the Fever to Pokey. To TM is the rebounding queen and the top pick.
-Li Yeuru from China is 6’7 and will be 20 years old next draft. Could be a Second Round player perhaps? Unclear on how she would perform in wnba competition but she doesn’t seem elite yet
- Not sold on Mabrey as a pro. But she’s tough and competitive- is she better than fellow Irish Natalie Novosel? Don’t know.
- NYL need a body to offset Charles. Not sure Iowa’s post extraordinaire is the answer

Anyway, always a fun exercise...plz take with a grain of salt.

First Round
1. IND Tearia McCowan, Mississippi State
2. LVA Kalani Brown, Baylor
3. CHI Asia Durr, Louisville
4. NYL Katie Lou Samuelson, Conn
________
5. DAL Napheesa Collier, Conn
6. MIN Jessica Shepard, Notre Dame
7. LAS Eizyoda Magbegor, Aus
8. PHX Brianna Turner, Notre Dame
9. CON Kristine Anigwe, California
10.WAS Arike Ogunbowale, Notre Dame
11. ATL Caliya Robinson, Georgia
12. SEA Mariya Moore, USC

Second Round [Picks #13 & #16 could flip depending on which second round pick involved in trade. Pick #21 & #23 could flip depending on which second round pick involved in trade]

13. MIN Maite Cazorla, Oregon
14. NYL Megan Gustafson, Iowa
15. CHI Marina Mabrey, Notre Dame
16. PHX Kitija Laksa, USF
17. DAL LaShann Higgs, TX
18. MIN Kenisha Bell, Minnesota
19. LAS Paris Kea, North Carolina
20. MIN Sophie Cunningham, Missouri
21. ATL Tynice Martin, West Virginia
22. DAL Jatarie White, Texas
23. CON Sierra Calhoun, Rutgers
24. SEA Alanna Smith, Stanford

Third Round
25. IND Alexis Jennings, South Carolina
26. NYL Anriel Howard, Mississippi State
27. CHI Natisha Hideman, Marquette
28. IND Naomi Davenport, West Virginia
29. DAL Kayla Goth, Kansas State
30. MIN Hallie Thome, Michigan
31. LAS Kennedy Burke, UCLA
32. PHX Kiana Ibis, Arizona State
33. CON Cierra Dillard, Buffalo
34. WAS Allazia Blockton, Marquette
35. ATL Meme Jackson, Tennessee
36. SEA Taylor Emery, Virginia Tech


Others: Alex Johnson, MTSU; Amy Okonkwo, TCU; Sam Feurhing, Louisville; Danni Williams, Texas; Kennedy Leonard, Colorado; Aarica Carter, Louisville; A. Mazyck, USC; Eleanna Christinaki, Maryland; Marte Grays, DePaul; Mikayka Ferenz, Idaho; Maci Morris, Kentucky; Presley Hudson, CMU;


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/19/18 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here’s Megdal’s early draft ranking from 4/19/18

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/19/2019-wnba-draft-way-early-mock/amp/8/

1. Asia Durr, 5’10 G, Louisville
2. Teaira McCowan, 6’7 C, Mississippi State
3. Kalani Brown, 6’7 C, Baylor
4. Katie Lou Samuelson, 6’3 G/F, Connecticut
5. Jessica Shepard, 6’4 F, Notre Dame
6. Napheesa Collier, 6’1 F, Connecticut
7. Kristine Anigwe, 6’4 C, California
8. Arike Ogunbowale, 5’8 G, Notre Dame
9. Megan Gustafson, 6’3 F, Iowa
10. Alexis Jennings, 6’3 F, South Carolina
11. Kitija Laksa, 6′ F, South Florida
12. Marina Mabrey, 5’11 G, Notre Dame

Honorable mentions: Lashann Higgs, Texas; Brianna Fraser, Maryland; Paris Kea, North Carolina; Bridget Carleton, Iowa State; Maite Cazorla, Oregon; Brianna Turner, Notre Dame; Alanna Smith, Stanford; Naomi Davenport, West Virginia



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to try one too

1. Indy K. Brown
2. LV McCowan
3. Chi KLS
4. NY Durr
5. Dallas Ogunbowale
6. Minn Collier
7. LA Turner
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Cunningham
10. Was Gustafason
11. Atl Mar. Moore
12. Sea Sheppard

13. Minn Laska
14. NY Anigwe
15. Chi Kea
16. PX Mabrey
17. Dallas Jennings
18. Minn Bell
19. LA Te'a Cooper
20. Minn Thome
21. Atl Robinson
22. Dallas Howard
23. Conn Martin
24. Sea Morris

25. Indy Blockton
26. NY Calhoun


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7576
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I want to try one too

1. Indy K. Brown
2. LV McCowan
3. Chi KLS
4. NY Durr
5. Dallas Ogunbowale
6. Minn Collier
7. LA Turner
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Cunningham
10. Was Gustafason
11. Atl Mar. Moore
12. Sea Sheppard

13. Minn Laska
14. NY Anigwe
15. Chi Kea
16. PX Mabrey
17. Dallas Jennings
18. Minn Bell
19. LA Te'a Cooper
20. Minn Thome
21. Atl Robinson
22. Dallas Howard
23. Conn Martin
24. Sea Morris

25. Indy Blockton
26. NY Calhoun


We wouldnt take Arike over Napheesa. Although neither are my first choice.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I want to try one too

1. Indy K. Brown
2. LV McCowan
3. Chi KLS
4. NY Durr
5. Dallas Ogunbowale
6. Minn Collier
7. LA Turner
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Cunningham
10. Was Gustafason
11. Atl Mar. Moore
12. Sea Sheppard

13. Minn Laska
14. NY Anigwe
15. Chi Kea
16. PX Mabrey
17. Dallas Jennings
18. Minn Bell
19. LA Te'a Cooper
20. Minn Thome
21. Atl Robinson
22. Dallas Howard
23. Conn Martin
24. Sea Morris

25. Indy Blockton
26. NY Calhoun


We wouldnt take Arike over Napheesa. Although neither are my first choice.


I did have Collier there to start actually I had B. Turner there to start because I think she will have a great season she is further away from her injury and probably could have come back half way through last year but the extra time off probably allowed her to get healthy, and work on her shooting and get in the weight room, but I think Arike is going to start where she left off last season and have the kind of success that will make someone pull the trigger in the first half of the draft. And Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7576
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I want to try one too

1. Indy K. Brown
2. LV McCowan
3. Chi KLS
4. NY Durr
5. Dallas Ogunbowale
6. Minn Collier
7. LA Turner
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Cunningham
10. Was Gustafason
11. Atl Mar. Moore
12. Sea Sheppard

13. Minn Laska
14. NY Anigwe
15. Chi Kea
16. PX Mabrey
17. Dallas Jennings
18. Minn Bell
19. LA Te'a Cooper
20. Minn Thome
21. Atl Robinson
22. Dallas Howard
23. Conn Martin
24. Sea Morris

25. Indy Blockton
26. NY Calhoun


We wouldnt take Arike over Napheesa. Although neither are my first choice.


I did have Collier there to start actually I had B. Turner there to start because I think she will have a great season she is further away from her injury and probably could have come back half way through last year but the extra time off probably allowed her to get healthy, and work on her shooting and get in the weight room, but I think Arike is going to start where she left off last season and have the kind of success that will make someone pull the trigger in the first half of the draft. And Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.



Sounds good on paper...would be a Horrible combo on the court. Arike is a ball dominant guard , she needs the ball in her hands alot. Thats not going to happen with skylar. We need someone to come off screens and knock down some shots. I know who can and im keeping quiet til next year
Laughing



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.


You’re benching the ROY?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon



Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 4722



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.


You’re benching the ROY?


I like Gray maybe slide her over to the 3 spot, but really I think on a contending team Gray is a first (do everything) guard off the bench type.

WNBA09 I do kind of agree with your point about both players being ball dominant but sometime players can evolve. (I guess it didn't really work with Sims, but I feel like Arike and Skylar could work it out, and Arike coming from ND will be more of a willing, young gun, protoge type and will follow Skylar's lead while Sims was more of a competitor/rival type to Diggins-Smith).


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7576
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.


You’re benching the ROY?


I like Gray maybe slide her over to the 3 spot, but really I think on a contending team Gray is a first (do everything) guard off the bench type.

WNBA09 I do kind of agree with your point about both players being ball dominant but sometime players can evolve. (I guess it didn't really work with Sims, but I feel like Arike and Skylar could work it out, and Arike coming from ND will be more of a willing, young gun, protoge type and will follow Skylar's lead while Sims was more of a competitor/rival type to Diggins-Smith).


Theres 2 players in this draft id rather have before Arike. And im actually an arike fan shes going to be special. She fits more of Minny style in my opinion with Seimone on her last leg likely next season.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3118
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 4:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago needs rebounding and defensive improvement. Drafting any player that is not strong in those two areas would be dumb decision making.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49405



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago needs rebounding and defensive improvement. Drafting any player that is not strong in those two areas would be dumb decision making.


Who do you have in mind?



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing



Joined: 28 Apr 2007
Posts: 4431
Location: Underground


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
We need someone to come off screens and knock down some shots. I know who can and im keeping quiet til next year
Laughing


Is that the player you said sucks on defense and will never get on the floor? Razz



_________________
Even now by the gate with your long hair blowing
And the colors of the day that lie along your arms
You must barter your life to make sure you are living
And the crowd that has come
You give them the colors
And the bells and wind and the dream
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7576
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
We need someone to come off screens and knock down some shots. I know who can and im keeping quiet til next year
Laughing


Is that the player you said sucks on defense and will never get on the floor? Razz


Not sure why you believe that



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3118
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Chicago needs rebounding and defensive improvement. Drafting any player that is not strong in those two areas would be dumb decision making.


Who do you have in mind?

There are a lot of players on my radar. I will have a better focus on whom I would like to have once I know the Sky's draft position.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Here’s Megdal’s early draft ranking from 4/19/18

https://highposthoops.com/2018/04/19/2019-wnba-draft-way-early-mock/amp/8/

1. Asia Durr, 5’10 G, Louisville
2. Teaira McCowan, 6’7 C, Mississippi State
3. Kalani Brown, 6’7 C, Baylor
4. Katie Lou Samuelson, 6’3 G/F, Connecticut
5. Jessica Shepard, 6’4 F, Notre Dame
6. Napheesa Collier, 6’1 F, Connecticut
7. Kristine Anigwe, 6’4 C, California
8. Arike Ogunbowale, 5’8 G, Notre Dame
9. Megan Gustafson, 6’3 F, Iowa
10. Alexis Jennings, 6’3 F, South Carolina
11. Kitija Laksa, 6′ F, South Florida
12. Marina Mabrey, 5’11 G, Notre Dame

Honorable mentions: Lashann Higgs, Texas; Brianna Fraser, Maryland; Paris Kea, North Carolina; Bridget Carleton, Iowa State; Maite Cazorla, Oregon; Brianna Turner, Notre Dame; Alanna Smith, Stanford; Naomi Davenport, West Virginia


What?


GlennMacGrady



Joined: 03 Jan 2005
Posts: 5082
Location: Heisenberg


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
We need someone to come off screens and knock down some shots. I know who can and im keeping quiet til next year
Laughing


Is that the player you said sucks on defense and will never get on the floor? Razz


It must be a trade for Karlie Samuelson.
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 17164
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Come on Diggins-Smith and Ogunbowale will be an awesome combo for years.


You’re benching the ROY?


When she is a career 38.9 shooter overall and 28.5 from three, yes.


SportsGuru



Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 4404



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm predicting the Mystics will trade the 10th pick in the 2019 WNBA Draft.


myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23148



Back to top
PostPosted: 08/20/18 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

way too early. I think Kalani Brown is #1. McCowan is probably #2 but with AFO you never know. Other than that, everything is up in the air.



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin