RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/30/19 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still don't see Magbegor as a first rounder. Have you actually watched her play? She looked to me like she was a) a bit lost on the floor; b) didn't have much of a shot; and c) has a long way to go in the skill development area. She's athletic and active but I find it hard to believe that's enough at this level.

- Amanda Gorman
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/19 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PHeesa's best bet would be to develop a bit more into a 3 if she wants to stick around. Cash & Jones played in an Era where a 3/4 Player who could not shoot 3's was effective . Today's game has evolved those type of tweener players are no longer fitting the bill .

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=94991&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=476

Yes based off performance at that time i did have collier as #1 "Performance" wise not by team needs . Realistically shes not going to be #1 we all know that . She needs to play the 3 if shes going to be successful in this league. The Baylor game showed me alot as to what to expect at the next level regarding Collier.

Once again, we must be watching different leagues. The power forward position in the WNBA, with exceptions like Vegas, and New York (note both were,lottery teams) is mostly occupied by players similar in size to Collier. Predicting her W performance based upon a game where she (and the whole undersized UConn team) were way too small makes no sense.

Yes i do agree we both watch different leagues so lets just agree to disagree on this one you know this , shades.

PostPosted: 01/30/19 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I still don't see Magbegor as a first rounder. Have you actually watched her play? She looked to me like she was a) a bit lost on the floor; b) didn't have much of a shot; and c) has a long way to go in the skill development area. She's athletic and active but I find it hard to believe that's enough at this level.

+1 i feel the whole Brondello Aussie theme is what brings most of the hype. Will it work? Possibly..is she the 8th best player in this draft today? Hellll 2 the No!

PostPosted: 01/30/19 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
So if Vegas were to take Ionescu, would they start Plum, McBride and Ionescu together?

He alluded to it.

so do you think it would work? They can all score, but none can defend. They can't totally depend on A'ja as a backstop...can they? I think every successful team has at least one player who is a superior backcourt defender.

I remember the Merc winning a title with Diana Taurasi, Cappie Pondexter, and Temeka Johnson...

#NATC

PostPosted: 01/30/19 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:
So if Vegas were to take Ionescu, would they start Plum, McBride and Ionescu together?

He alluded to it.

so do you think it would work? They can all score, but none can defend. They can't totally depend on A'ja as a backstop...can they? I think every successful team has at least one player who is a superior backcourt defender.

I remember the Merc winning a title with Diana Taurasi, Cappie Pondexter, and Temeka Johnson...

Small backcourt, sure, but keep in mind they were backed up by the might of Penny Taylor & Tangela Smith in the paint.

PostPosted: 01/30/19 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
myrtle wrote:

He alluded to it.

Small backcourt, sure, but keep in mind they were backed up by the might of Penny Taylor & Tangela Smith in the paint.

I also think the level/style of play/overall athleticism has developed immensely in just a few short years. I don't think that fivesome would win a title today. Could be wrong and of course we'll never know for sure.

- Amanda Gorman
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/31/19 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

updating my first two rounds no early entries

1. LV McCowan
2. NY Durr
3. Indy Brown
4. Chi Collier
5. Dallas Anigwe
6. Minn KLS
7. LA Ogunbowale
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Smith
10. Was Shepard
11. Atl Howard
12. Sea Gustafson

13. PX Turner
14. NY Xu Han
15. Chi Kea
16. Minn Bell
17. Dallas Dillard
18. Minn Cuningham
19. LA Jennings
20. Minn Li Yueru
21. Conn Laska
22. Dallas Hiedeman
23. Atl Robinson
24. Sea Cazorla

25. Indy Mabrey
26. NY Blockton

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/31/19 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
myrtle wrote:

+1 i feel the whole Brondello Aussie theme is what brings most of the hype. Will it work? Possibly..is she the 8th best player in this draft today? Hellll 2 the No!

I agree but that doesn't stop me from thinking that Brondello will take her at 8 to develop her both for PX and the Opals. PX could wait until 13 but I think come 12 Hughes might decide to develop her for the Storm behind Howard, Stewart and Langhorn.

Because she is 20 it is easy to see a team taking her after the top 6 based on her potential, most coaches will have the huberis to believe they can bring her to the next level and with all the question marks surrounding the bottom first round/second round posts Ezi prototypical W size and athleticism raw as it is might seems worth the risk.

It is sort of like in the NBA when teams draft freshmen with the right measure-ables over the upper class-men with the superior statistics and skills but lacking transferable NBA size, strength and athleticism.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/31/19 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Because she is 20 it is easy to see a team taking her after the top 6 based on her potential, most coaches will have the huberis to believe they can bring her to the next level and with all the question marks surrounding the bottom first round/second round posts Ezi prototypical W size and athleticism raw as it is might seems worth the risk.

Yep, I agree with that part. Potential is always tempting once you get to that point of the draft where impact starts to tail off.
I disagree with Mechelle's comment that Ezi "has all the tools", because last time I checked being able to shoot the ball was a pretty standard tool in the sport of basketball, but I don't think too many other options have all the tools by pick #8 either. (As a general rule. I barely follow college ball so I'm not making specific comparisons when I say that)

PostPosted: 01/31/19 1:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ll give it a go:

1. Las Vegas - McCowan
2. New York - Durr
3. Indiana - Brown
4. Chicago - Collier
5. Dallas - Samuelson
6. Minnesota - Ogunbowale
7. Los Angeles - Cunningham
8. Phoenix - A. Smith
9. Connecticut - Han Xu
10. Washington - Anigwe
11. Atlanta - Howard
12. Seattle - Gustafson

tfan

PostPosted: 01/31/19 3:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Collier is shorter than Shepard and Wilson, but her shoulder height isn't much different. Too bad we don't also have wingspan or arm-length measurements or vertical reach measurements.

Last edited by tfan on 01/31/19 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 01/31/19 3:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dup

Last edited by tfan on 01/31/19 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25881161/wnba-mock-draft-2019-predicting-all-three-rounds

Quote:
In early January, while watching Baylor face UConn, Las Vegas Aces coach Bill Laimbeer mentioned the possibility of trading the No. 1 pick in the upcoming WNBA draft

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always love these height comparisons. In that picture, Mompremier looks much taller than Wilson and Shepard, but they are all listed at 6-4. Turner looks taller than Wilson and Shepard, but she's listed at 6-3.

In the front row, people are sitting so it's clearly deceptive. Nonetheless, you wonder how much is optical illusion and how much is real. Paris Kea (5-8 ) looks as tall as Mariya Moore (6-0) and taller than Atkins (5-11) and Destinee Walker (5-10). Kea is supposedly the same height as Caldwell, sitting to her right.

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I always love these height comparisons. In that picture, Mompremier looks much taller than Wilson and Shepard, but they are all listed at 6-4. Turner looks taller than Wilson and Shepard, but she's listed at 6-3.

In the front row, people are sitting so it's clearly deceptive. Nonetheless, you wonder how much is optical illusion and how much is real. Paris Kea (5-8 ) looks as tall as Mariya Moore (6-0) and taller than Atkins (5-11) and Destinee Walker (5-10). Kea is supposedly the same height as Caldwell, sitting to her right.

From watching ND play GA Tech in person I was pretty well convinced Turner was taller than Shepard.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/31/19 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I’ll give it a go:

1. Las Vegas - McCowan
2. New York - Durr
3. Indiana - Brown
4. Chicago - Collier
5. Dallas - Samuelson
6. Minnesota - Ogunbowale
7. Los Angeles - Cunningham
8. Phoenix - A. Smith
9. Connecticut - Han Xu
10. Washington - Anigwe
11. Atlanta - Howard
12. Seattle - Gustafson

This seems very realistic other than Cunningham going 7th . Great Mock!

PostPosted: 01/31/19 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
updating my first two rounds no early entries

1. LV McCowan
2. NY Durr
3. Indy Brown
4. Chi Collier
5. Dallas Anigwe
6. Minn KLS
7. LA Ogunbowale
8. PX Magbegor
9. Conn Smith
10. Was Shepard
11. Atl Howard
12. Sea Gustafson

13. PX Turner
14. NY Xu Han
15. Chi Kea
16. Minn Bell
17. Dallas Dillard
18. Minn Cuningham
19. LA Jennings
20. Minn Li Yueru
21. Conn Laska
22. Dallas Hiedeman
23. Atl Robinson
24. Sea Cazorla

25. Indy Mabrey
26. NY Blockton

Great mock! I'm with you and agree on your top picks, especially. I can see Collier doing well in Chicago with Williams and DeShields and Dolson (and Quigley assuming she stays and of course CVS). Debbie Antonelli is high on her for the WNBA. (in case that holds any water...

My questions is 6 vs. 7. I could see that being flipped. I wonder what Reeve thinks of Ogunbowale in general, but KLS might be a better bet with her height, shooting ability and that good ole' UConn pedigree.

I can imagine Thibault might prefer Gustafson to Sheperd - for some reason I'm not that impressed with Sheperd this year. Slimmer, yes, but is she as tough to defend in the paint? Gustafson just seems automatic.

Love Anriel to ATL. She's a local GA girl and her hustle will help them - she can provide energy minutes and not be pressured to move to the '3' right away in a back-up role.

People need to check out Natisha Hideman and if Marquette goes deep in the tourney and she plays well, I can see her going as high as 14/15 over Paris Kea and Bell.

I can see Anigwe going pretty high in the draft, ahead of several posts on "higher profile" college teams. Should help Dallas and if LV trades the top pick and Moriah Jefferson for Cambage, they are not in bad shape at all.

I think Cunningham has a chance to be a contributor in the WNBA, but she's not a first-rounder.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/31/19 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
I can see Collier doing well in Chicago with Williams and DeShields and Dolson (and Quigley assuming she stays and of course CVS).

They can all slide elsewhere at least a bit, but that could end up looking pretty overcrowded at the 3 between DeShields, Williams and Collier. Better hope one of the UConn products eventually becomes a long-term 4 if you're going to keep them all on the same roster.

PostPosted: 01/31/19 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago also has Copper, who Wade claimed he was high on.
Collier or KLS might be the BPA at #4. If they take Collier, they must be hoping she can play PF at this level, just like they hoped Gabby could do the same last season.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
craigmont

PostPosted: 01/31/19 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/25881161/wnba-mock-draft-2019-predicting-all-three-rounds

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/31/19 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Into The Dust - The role model Alanna Smith seeks to become

PostPosted: 01/31/19 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Into The Dust - The role model Alanna Smith seeks to become

Great kid, great family/story...thanks!

stever

PostPosted: 01/31/19 7:40 pm    ::: Graves discusses possibility of Ionescu entering WNBA Draft Reply Reply with quote

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Sabrina-Ionescu-Kelly-Graves-Oregon-Womens-Basketball--128536317/

Quote:
“We haven’t really had a chance to talk about it in-depth. We’ve talked about it superficially from time-to-time. I don’t think she’s worried about it. I think she’ll have time after the season, and I think depending upon how well we do will help to determine what that decision is. She’s going to have to answer that."

Shades

PostPosted: 01/31/19 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why they tossed in that "WNBA GM & Managers" part.
Isn't this just Voepel's mock?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/31/19 8:54 pm    ::: Re: Graves discusses possibility of Ionescu entering WNBA Dr Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Sabrina-Ionescu-Kelly-Graves-Oregon-Womens-Basketball--128536317/

Quote:
“We haven’t really had a chance to talk about it in-depth. We’ve talked about it superficially from time-to-time. I don’t think she’s worried about it. I think she’ll have time after the season, and I think depending upon how well we do will help to determine what that decision is. She’s going to have to answer that."

She'll have all of 24 hours to decide 'after the season' if Oregon make the Final Four.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 35 of 74

Jump to: