RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 12/20/18 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My players of choice are: Brown, Durr, Anigwe & Ogunbowale.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/20/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Based off eye test performance and not team needs id say so far this season the draft would go...

1. Collier
2. Durr
3. Mccowan
4. Arike
5. KLS
6. Brown
7. Gustafson
8. Smith
9. Anigwe
10. Shepard
11. Dillard
12. Bell

PostPosted: 12/21/18 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Based off eye test performance and not team needs id say so far this season the draft would go...

1. Collier
2. Durr
3. Mccowan
4. Arike
5. KLS
6. Brown
7. Gustafson
8. Smith
9. Anigwe
10. Shepard
11. Dillard
12. Bell

Oi Oi Oi

Dilly Dilly

PostPosted: 12/21/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

based mostly on today's game: Dillard takes a lot of shots to get her points. And 2-10 from three both in this game and against Oregon isn't inspiring. Also in those two games, she got more TOs than Assists.

bottom line I'm not too impressed. But I am impressed that she lost 40 pounds over the past year to try to improve her game and give herself a chance at the next level.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/21/18 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
based mostly on today's game: Dillard takes a lot of shots to get her points. And 2-10 from three both in this game and against Oregon isn't inspiring. Also in those two games, she got more TOs than Assists.

bottom line I'm not too impressed. But I am impressed that she lost 40 pounds over the past year to try to improve her game and give herself a chance at the next level.

If you watched Dillard in the NCAA Tournament against South Florida and Florida State, she was pretty impressive. And yes, that was while 40 lbs heavier. Shocked She looks toned and quicker now. Dillard had a bad shooting game, partly because of the Stanford defense. Tara had posts guarding her -- often Smith -- forcing Cierra to shoot over the length. Meanwhile, there was help defense ready and waiting to prevent drives. Buffalo just depends too much on Dillard. Until Hall hit a couple of 3's in the 4th Qtr, Dillard and Hemphill had all of Buffalo's field goals except three. And this is only Hemphill's second game back, so imagine how much of the load Dillard carried previously. She won't face this kind of attention at the next level.

I have Dillard in the upper half of the 2nd Round. However, so many of the projected 1st Round players have also looked very flawed so far. To me, Cierra resembles Shoni Schimmel -- but much more motivated. Obviously, her game-to-game competition isn't as good, but Dillard probably faces more defenses configured specifically to stop her. We'll see what happens in this year's tournament.

PostPosted: 12/22/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
myrtle wrote:

If you watched Dillard in the NCAA Tournament against South Florida and Florida State, she was pretty impressive. And yes, that was while 40 lbs heavier. Shocked She looks toned and quicker now. Dillard had a bad shooting game, partly because of the Stanford defense. Tara had posts guarding her -- often Smith -- forcing Cierra to shoot over the length. Meanwhile, there was help defense ready and waiting to prevent drives. Buffalo just depends too much on Dillard. Until Hall hit a couple of 3's in the 4th Qtr, Dillard and Hemphill had all of Buffalo's field goals except three. And this is only Hemphill's second game back, so imagine how much of the load Dillard carried previously. She won't face this kind of attention at the next level.

I have Dillard in the upper half of the 2nd Round. However, so many of the projected 1st Round players have also looked very flawed so far. To me, Cierra resembles Shoni Schimmel -- but much more motivated. Obviously, her game-to-game competition isn't as good, but Dillard probably faces more defenses configured specifically to stop her. We'll see what happens in this year's tournament.

+1

PostPosted: 12/22/18 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I think Dillards ability to hit tough shots and buffalos run last yr along with her #'s this year carrying that squad have impressed me and a few Gm's as well. Shes a more offensive skilled TRP type player. Slow feet defense could use more work but her confidence to score on anyone anywhere is something you cant deny.

PostPosted: 12/22/18 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe going up against UCONN right nw. Interested too see if she will show up

PostPosted: 12/23/18 3:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Anigwe going up against UCONN right nw. Interested too see if she will show up

How do you feel she did by actually watching the game? Her numbers look good, the team played well. But how did she look against the giant

PostPosted: 12/26/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe did fine she was playing against an undersized post who she could block at will around the basket but then mistakenly tried to guard away from the basket which was silly as she should have sagged off of Collier as she is a hesitant shooter and passer.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/27/18 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Anigwe did fine she was playing against an undersized post who she could block at will around the basket but then mistakenly tried to guard away from the basket which was silly as she should have sagged off of Collier as she is a hesitant shooter and passer.

+1 Collier was the superior player in all fashions surprisingly to me though. Anigwe is a 1st rd pick for sure was hoping she would go off but UCONN focused their defense primarily on her and allowed everyone else to do there thing. She should go before Brianna Turner imo..

PostPosted: 12/28/18 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:

+1 Collier was the superior player in all fashions surprisingly to me though. Anigwe is a 1st rd pick for sure was hoping she would go off but UCONN focused their defense primarily on her and allowed everyone else to do there thing. She should go before Brianna Turner imo..

Err so how was she the superior player, Uconns defense was focused on Anigwe just as Cals was focused on KLS. Anigwe still got a double double and Collier couldn't guard her 1 on 1. Only mistake Anigwe made a couple times was not sagging off her as Gottlieb was telling her too as Collier is a slow and hesitant shooter away from the basket. The no calls by the refs helped as she would have been in foul trouble. Collier looked skinny to me, whereas Anigwe is more built for the W and I would probably take her over her as she is bigger and stronger.

toad455

PostPosted: 12/30/18 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughts on where Jenna Allen might end up? mid second rounder?

Shades

PostPosted: 12/30/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Thoughts on where Jenna Allen might end up? mid second rounder?

I thought you already had an opinion?

She’s not exactly the ideal body type, but she has some skills reminiscent of McCarville.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
awhom111

PostPosted: 01/01/19 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back by popular demand, a look at a range of possible international prospects:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2019/01/international-names-to-know-for-the-2019-wnba-draft/
toad455

PostPosted: 01/01/19 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Magbegor, Han & Li are locks to be drafted. The rest are mysteries.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 01/01/19 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The many draft classes going back the last ten years there was always one to three players that were better than the rest of their specific draft class members. The 2019 draft class is different than all those past drafts. From my observation there are about eight to twelve players who I will say are about at the same talent level.
Head coaches and General Managers will have to pick players that fit what they want or need. There is not big gap for a separation of talent for the 2019 first round. Teams must really do their research to pick the right player to fit the needs of their teams.

PostPosted: 01/01/19 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The many draft classes going back the last ten years there was always one to three players that were better than the rest of their specific draft class members. The 2019 draft class is different than all those past drafts. From my observation there are about eight to twelve players who I will say are about at the same talent level.
Head coaches and General Managers will have to pick players that fit what they want or need. There is not big gap for a separation of talent for the 2019 first round. Teams must really do their research to pick the right player to fit the needs of their teams.

Drafts without clear-cut No. 1 picks rarely have superstars (or stars) in them. I'm not expecting a lot from anyone in the 2019 draft. I hope I am wrong.

ETA: I don't mean drafts with only one great player at the top. Even drafts where there are multiple great players to choose have always had clear-cut No. 1 picks. Augustus/Pondexter, Parker/Fowles, Jackson/Catchings, Griner/DelleDonne, etc., weren't debates at the time.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/02/19 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Back by popular demand, a look at a range of possible international prospects:
http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2019/01/international-names-to-know-for-the-2019-wnba-draft/

Intriguing article, and good write-ups. Thank you for sharing.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/03/19 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Top WNBA Draft Prospects to Watch This College Season

https://www.wnba.com/news/inside-the-w-michelle-smith-wnba-draft-prospects-ncaa-2018-2019/

Much more analysis at the link.

Sabrina Ionescu, Oregon, G
Quote:
If the Ducks’ point guard, who broke the Pac-12 record for career triple-doubles as a sophomore, decides to forgo her final year of eligibility and enter the WNBA Draft (she will turn 22 in her draft year, making her eligible), she will shoot to the top of the Draft board.

Let’s wait until she declares to get excited.

Asia Durr, Louisville, G
Quote:
Durr is considered by many to be Ionescu’s equal, in terms of her ability to impact a WNBA team fresh out of college.

Oh, okay.

Teaira McCowan, Mississippi State, C
Quote:
With the graduation of so many star players, McCowan, at 6-foot-7, literally becomes the Bulldogs’ centerpiece player and a coveted WNBA pick for her size and ability to impact play around the basket.

I’d say she was a huge factor in both the NCAA Final appearances.

Napheesa Collier, Connecticut, F
Quote:
Collier is widely considered the best forward in the country coming into her final collegiate season.

Can we see some references instead of sales pitches?

Katie Lou Samuelson, Connecticut, G
Quote:
Also a senior for Connecticut, Samuelson has established herself as one of the best shooters in the country, and would be the kind of perimeter threat coveted by any number of WNBA teams.

Except maybe the Aces. Laimbeer likes to play in the trenches.

Kalani Brown, Baylor, C
Quote:
Brown is one of the nation’s premier post players. The 6-foot-7 Louisiana native put up All-American numbers in 2017-18, averaging 20.1 points and 10.2 rebounds a game, both career-highs.

Myrtle isn’t going to like you listing her #1 pick way down here.

Arike Ogunbowale, ND, G
Quote:
Ogunbowale became a household name with her two buzzer-beating shots in last year’s Final Four, leading the Irish to a national championship. Now in her final season, she will be looking to burnish her credentials as a future WNBA player.

Not a household name to Laimbeer. He refers to her as the “talented guard from Notre Dame.” Just call her Gunner.... easier to remember.

Brianna Turner, ND, F
Quote:
The two-time ACC Defensive Player of the Year is back on the floor for her final season after sustaining a devastating knee injury in the 2017 NCAA Tournament, an injury that cost her the entire 2017-18 and a chance to be on the floor as her teammates won the national championship.

Lexie Brown was ACC Defensive Player of the Year, and she barely saw the court her rookie year.

Megan Gustafson, Iowa, F
Quote:
The reigning Big 10 Player of the Year, Gustafson has been a dominant presence for the Hawkeyes and is coming off an extraordinary junior season, setting herself up for strong WNBA Draft status next spring.

Achonwa Lite

Kristine Anigwe, Cal, C
Quote:
Anigwe has been the Bears’ centerpiece player for the past three seasons and is looking to lead them back to the NCAA Tournament.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/03/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was rewatching the Oregon-Mississippi State game, and at one point McCowan lost her shoe. Before slipping on her sneaker, I noticed that she inserted some kind of pad or brace that looks like it supports her ankle or achilles. Is anyone familiar with this device? It looks stiff, and it made me wonder if this is the reason she shuffles up the floor most of the time instead of striding. Also, does it indicate some kind of chronic problem that could affect the longevity of her career? She wears one on each foot.

PostPosted: 01/03/19 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could it just be an ankle brace being used as an alternative to taping?

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/03/19 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Could it just be an ankle brace being used as an alternative to taping?

That's possible. It may be no more significant than knee pads. It's just that I've never seen them before. But then again, I've never played high-level team sports.

PostPosted: 01/03/19 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Kalani Brown, Baylor, C
Quote:
Brown is one of the nation’s premier post players. The 6-foot-7 Louisiana native put up All-American numbers in 2017-18, averaging 20.1 points and 10.2 rebounds a game, both career-highs.

Laughing After seeing her against Stanford, you could say I was somewhat less impressed.

I truly have no idea who #1 will be.

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/03/19 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:

Kalani Brown, Baylor, C
Quote:

Laughing After seeing her against Stanford, you could say I was somewhat less impressed.

I truly have no idea who #1 will be.

I have been crossing my fingers that Brown falls to No. 3 for Indiana. Shame she got everyone's attention in such a bog way tonight.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 20 of 74

Jump to: