RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces taking Young does give them a three guard line-up with Young at SF. Maybe Bill feels like there's more potential with that line-up than taking McCowan and having 7 posts to pick from.

PG: Plum/Jefferson/Chong
SG: McBride/Harden
SF: JYoung/TYoung/Coffey/Nared
PF: Wilson/Harrison/Hamby
C: Swords/Bone/Park

I think Bill trades one of his posts. Chong and either Harden or Nared would be the two cuts.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Fishhappy

PostPosted: 04/10/19 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it is an easy choice. Indiana is so small in the front court and had no chance against the big inside players like Griner, Liz and Syl. Now there are going to be 5 teams with a very good to Great ( 6-6+)rim protectors. You better be one of them .

toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 8:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Draftsite's final mock.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2019/

Randy

PostPosted: 04/10/19 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm probably the only one thought the draft was tomorrow night, but it is actually tonight, in case anyone else didn't know. For a number of years it has been on Thursday after the NCAA.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/10/19 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Aces taking Young does give them a three guard line-up with Young at SF. Maybe Bill feels like there's more potential with that line-up than taking McCowan and having 7 posts to pick from.

I think Bill trades one of his posts. Chong and either Harden or Nared would be the two cuts.

Last year, the Aces' biggest deficiency was at the post. You all think these posts match up with either the existing posts in the league or with those in this year's draft? Bill may draft J Young, but he'll end up trading to shore up the roster at center.

Does LV still have Lindsey Allen, who did a credible job at backup PG last year?

toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lindsey Allen hasn't been re-signed by the Aces.

canadaball

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Last year, the Aces' biggest deficiency was at the post. You all think these posts match up with either the existing posts in the league or with those in this year's draft? Bill may draft J Young, but he'll end up trading to shore up the roster at center.

Does LV still have Lindsey Allen, who did a credible job at backup PG last year?

Agree completely. Unless Mr. Bill is trolling or trading, given the biggest hole in LV is the middle (Swords and Bone....yuck) I conclude he just does not like Brown and McCowan.....Remember also that no trades can be announced on draft day.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

canadaball wrote:

Remember also that no trades can be announced on draft day.

I think you meant until after the draft starts.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/19 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

I think she helps make one of the PG’s tradable, or she becomes a trade piece herself. Or maybe Plum backs up McBride when she’s off the floor, so they keep all of them. I can’t see Allen being let go.

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

what makes Jackie Young unique is can play multiple positions.

if Bill has Nared available you know ima Nared fan lol bring her here to New York

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Draftsite's final mock.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2019/

whats the scouting report on Kennedy Leonard? any pac12 after dark fans

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:

if Bill has Nared available you know ima Nared fan lol bring her here to New York

Nared for a 2nd round pick in 2020?

LibFan25

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Nared for a 2nd round pick in 2020?

you got a deal lol

2020 class looks average at best

only big fishs in that class are Ionescu/Cox

2nd tiers would be like

Kaila Charles, which i do like but she will be a first rounder i see at the moment

toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ionescu, Cox, Mompremier, Charles, Dangerfield, Mangakahia are all probable first rounders next year. There's also the possible early entries of Slocum, McDonald and Chennedy Carter that could shake things up.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/10/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Ionescu, Cox, Mompremier, Charles, Dangerfield, Mangakahia are all probable first rounders next year. There's also the possible early entries of Slocum, McDonald and Chennedy Carter that could shake things up.

Any foreign players?

Shades

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

If you're Cheryl, you take Collier at #6 over Arike? Hard to imagine that happening.

I can’t see Reeve taking either of them unless she trades them down to the teams that really want them.

Reeve has always had a 6’2 minimum requirement for the PF position (overlooked for desperation play Larkins). Just because UConn recently fudged Collier’s roster height up to 6’2 doesn’t make it a reality. Collier also lacks muscle in a shorter player. Double-whammy. This isn’t college ball anymore. Gotta stop thinking like college fans. I believe most people (even Collier herself) see that she’s a wing at the WNBA level, a wing that doesn’t shoot the three very well. I don’t think she has the strength to be considered an Alyssa Thomas type of forward.

Reeve was talking up the ND post players in pre-draft conference call and calling Ogunbowale not always efficient. With Reeve it’s hard to say if she’s being straightforward. She might not want to talk up a player she likes. Maybe at times she’ll can’t help herself and she’ll speak the truth. Trust Reeve at your own peril. She may like Ogunnerfromfaraway because she’s not shy about putting up shots, but as a rookie she’ll have to hit those shots or Reeve will give her the quick hook. I find it hard to believe that Reeve will overlook how short Ogunbowale is or that she’s frequently disinterested in playing defense. To me, Ogunbowale is a scoring PG project, therefore the only reason Reeve would draft her is to replace AJones. Is that really how Reeve wants to utilize #6? I don’t think so. Reeve has been trying to trade up into the Top 5 because she wants something better.

PRballer wrote:
Kalani has finally shot up in the mocks. I think Dallas would want her at #5 assuming she's still on the board.

Goofy Voepel previously had her at #11 for some reason, and some outlets may have copied her just because they didn’t know any better and they needed to produce a mock draft. Voepel finally came to her senses.... maybe because she getting so much ridicule for having Brown so low... or maybe she watched the tournament.

blaase22

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve has been horrible at drafting (unless it’s obvious), I am worried. Shocked

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PRballer wrote:

If you're Cheryl, you take Collier at #6 over Arike? Hard to imagine that happening.

I can’t see Reeve taking either of them unless she trades them down to the teams that really want them.

Reeve has always had a 6’2 minimum requirement for the PF position (overlooked for desperation play Larkins). Just because UConn recently fudged Collier’s roster height up to 6’2 doesn’t make it a reality. Collier also lacks muscle in a shorter player. Double-whammy. This isn’t college ball anymore. Gotta stop thinking like college fans. I believe most people (even Collier herself) see that she’s a wing at the WNBA level, a wing that doesn’t shoot the three very well. I don’t think she has the strength to be considered an Alyssa Thomas type of forward.

Reeve was talking up the ND post players in pre-draft conference call and calling Ogunbowale not always efficient. With Reeve it’s hard to say if she’s being straightforward. She might not want to talk up a player she likes. Maybe at times she’ll can’t help herself and she’ll speak the truth. Trust Reeve at your own peril. She may like Ogunnerfromfaraway because she’s not shy about putting up shots, but as a rookie she’ll have to hit those shots or Reeve will give her the quick hook. I find it hard to believe that Reeve will overlook how short Ogunbowale is or that she’s frequently disinterested in playing defense. To me, Ogunbowale is a scoring PG project, therefore the only reason Reeve would draft her is to replace AJones. Is that really how Reeve wants to utilize #6? I don’t think so. Reeve has been trying to trade up into the Top 5 because she wants something better.

PRballer wrote:
Kalani has finally shot up in the mocks. I think Dallas would want her at #5 assuming she's still on the board.

Goofy Voepel previously had her at #11 for some reason, and some outlets may have copied her just because they didn’t know any better and they needed to produce a mock draft. Voepel finally came to her senses.... maybe because she getting so much ridicule for having Brown so low... or maybe she watched the tournament.

Shades talking some hard core sense here.

There are some red flags that college watchers seem to overlook, you cannot stretch some of these players on a rack, just like you cannot make them instantly better passers, shooters or smarter.

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They do have to draft somebody.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voepel knows something alot of us dont know . Kalani is a great player and will go high in this draft but i would not bet on it being at #5. It could happen though !

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young as #1???!!!

Has there ever been an American college #1 who was not a first or second team All-American per the AP, WBCA/State Farm/Kodak, USBWA, Wooden or ESPN ? As far as I know, Young got one third team (AP) and one honorable mention (WBCA).
toad455

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Any foreign players?

None that I know of at the moment.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/10/19 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA Mock Draft Big Board 9.0: Final calls
by Howard Megdal (High Post Hoops)

https://highposthoops.com/2019/04/09/wnba-mock-draft-big-board-final-calls/

canadaball

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now Dallas pipes up about possible Cambage trade
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2019/04/09/trading-liz-cambage-before-wnba-draft-may-best-wings-2-needs-can-address-first-pick

Key quotes: Wings general manager and president Greg Bibb said the "greatest opportunity" to find a deal with an equitable return for All-WNBA Liz Cambage, who requested a trade from Dallas earlier this offseason, is before the draft. Because once you're in the draft and certainly there after the draft and those assets are fixed, are utilized by teams," Bibb said. "Without those picks, I would have a hard time imagining another team putting together a package that we would feel good about in terms of exchanging Liz Cambage for."

And this: "I have an obligation to ensure that if we make a trade that involves Liz Cambage and the caliber of player that she happens to be, that we get an equitable package in return and I simply will not make that deal if we cannot."

With Cam involved, this draft day is more crazy than usual, with much bull; however, I do not think it is farfetched that Dallas is demanding Neka, Parker or Gray from LA b/c I just cannot see any other LA package that meets the "equitable" "caliber of player" requirement; of course, Cambage's achilles injury complicates matters. Presumably, any team trading for her would have to medically clear her.

Last edited by canadaball on 04/10/19 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 04/10/19 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like Las Vegas to me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 73 of 74

Jump to: