Mystics
75%
 75%  [ 18 ]
Lynx
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/18 5:13 pm    ::: Mystics🧙🏼‍♀️ @ Lynx🐱 - 8/19/18 Reply Reply with quote

Minneapolis, MN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: ESPN2

Video:
https://www.espn.com/watch

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180819/WASMIN/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018984

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/18/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Styx need a win and a dream loss for #2. Could be huge decisions for reeve. They're locked into #7 pretty much. Do you rest your stars and give the bench all the minutes and hand washington the #2 seed.? Im sure vegas will play at full strength to.close the season at the house against Atlanta.

PostPosted: 08/18/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Only thing I can hope for is that it is Lynx Fan Appreciation day.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/18 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

She hasn’t been appreciating this fan. You don’t give up on games so easy. She went from wearing her players down even in meaningless games in 2014 to overthinking minutes in 2018. I wish she could find a happy medium, but I think I prefer 2014 Reeve. At least she was winning (during the regular season anyway).

But if Reeve gets the Lynx to semifinals playing possum and acting like she doesn’t care about home court, my hat’s off to her. Maya might rise to the occasion in single game eliminations. Get the cape ready.

Fan Appreciation Day applies more to teams that aren’t in the playoffs, like Vegas for instance. Those teams don’t have to worry about managing minutes and resting players.

You would think she’d be going heavy bench in this game, but Reeve can be surprising.

Doesn’t Atlanta control it’s own destiny?

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 08/18/18 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess it was too late for ESPN to get Sparks v. Sun moved to show that game. Maybe the Whalen tribute was more appealing.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/18/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

She hasn’t been appreciating this fan. You don’t give up on games so easy. She went from wearing her players down even in meaningless games in 2014 to overthinking minutes in 2018. I wish she could find a happy medium, but I think I prefer 2014 Reeve. At least she was winning (during the regular season anyway).

But if Reeve gets the Lynx to semifinals playing possum and acting like she doesn’t care about home court, my hat’s off to her. Maya might rise to the occasion in single game eliminations. Get the cape ready.

Fan Appreciation Day applies more to teams that aren’t in the playoffs, like Vegas for instance. Those teams don’t have to worry about managing minutes and resting players.

You would think she’d be going heavy bench in this game, but Reeve can be surprising.

Lynx Playing possum worries me. Still wouldn't want to play them in the playoffs.

Dream can determine their playoff position by beating the Aces on their Fan Appreciation Day.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/18/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I have no idea what Reeve has been doing most of this season (and off-season), assuming my tanking and/or Reeve colluding with Seattle so the Storm win the title conspiracy theories are too far-fetched, so I'm not sure if tomorrow will be any different.

The Dream have to win, or Mystics lose to clinch the #2 seed. Atlanta's game at Las Vegas is an hour before the Lynx vs. Mystics game.

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 08/18/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A nice article in the Washington Post about Whalen and Thibault

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/mystics/lindsay-whalen-and-mike-thibault-are-like-family-the-lynx-mystics-finale-will-be-a-reunion/2018/08/18/305b3acc-a281-11e8-83d2-70203b8d7b44_story.html

toad455

PostPosted: 08/19/18 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm expecting a big crowd for what might be Whalen's last home game as a Lynx.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/19/18 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loved Whalen for the way she played basketball and hated her when she played against Elena. She is a tremendous agent for the WNBA and showed women can play the game.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 08/19/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

I have no idea what Reeve has been doing most of this season (and off-season), assuming my tanking and/or Reeve colluding with Seattle so the Storm win the title conspiracy theories are too far-fetched, so I'm not sure if tomorrow will be any different.

The Dream have to win, or Mystics lose to clinch the #2 seed. Atlanta's game at Las Vegas is an hour before the Lynx vs. Mystics game.

It's hard to be a fan of a team post dynasty. In the college game, you know there will be graduations but in the pro game you don't know how long superstar bodies will hold up. Now we know for the Lynx that last year was it. Time for fans to let go of what was and either jump off the bandwagon or show themselves as fans of this franchise after the dynasty inevitably ends.

Mystics have been hot, Lynx not. Styx could benefit going into the post season still hot. For the Lynx, it doesn't really matter - the toast is already buttered and eaten.

I started out as a fan of the home state Charlotte Sting. I switched to the Mystics (next closest geographically) when the Sting selected Kelly Miller over Catch. Stayed a fan of the team through the miserable Trudi/Sheila years and now the resurrection through Mike Thibault, who made DC into the destination EDD wanted to move to. If my team is lucky enough to win a 'ship...and then another one, I know I've already seen the worst days of this franchise and will celebrate with all my might.

One note: I am from Los Angeles but cannot stand LaLeslie. I began following them after LLL retired and Candace took the team on her shoulders. Now that my favoritest Duke player Chelsea Gray is playing her game in LA, they are my second favorite team.

~rAf
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/19/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want everyone to be as close to 100% as possible when our playoffs start. Cloud's minutes should be kept as low as possible tonight, if she even sees the floor at all.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
I want everyone to be as close to 100% as possible when our playoffs start. Cloud's minutes should be kept as low as possible tonight, if she even sees the floor at all.

Have you seen any injury report?

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

BulletsForever lists both Atkins and Cloud as questionable, haven't seen anything official

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

BulletsForever lists both Atkins and Cloud as questionable, haven't seen anything official

damn!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Agreed but what about the #2 seed? Is that not important to DC? You get more rest if you win and ATL loses .

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

I'm guessing the Mystics will go hard tonight. Getting the double bye would be the best thing for them, healthwise.

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
It's hard to be a fan of a team post dynasty. In the college game, you know there will be graduations but in the pro game you don't know how long superstar bodies will hold up. Now we know for the Lynx that last year was it. Time for fans to let go of what was and either jump off the bandwagon or show themselves as fans of this franchise after the dynasty inevitably ends.

It's upsetting because all we (or least Shades, me, and a few other fans I know elsewhere) wanted was for Reeve to do the obvious and keep/utilize Howard (obvious piece for now and the future with Brunson getting older, closer to retirement) and see if she can help continue the Lynx's run, but Reeve got rid of her for basically nothing, and now Howard is one of the main reason the Storm are in 1st place. If Reeve actually made moves that all made sense, and the Lynx failed, I'd be fine with it, but almost every move she has made has backfired.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

I'm guessing the Mystics will go hard tonight. Getting the double bye would be the best thing for them, healthwise.

I agree, the Mystics want to win this game and will play hard.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

It's upsetting because all we (or least Shades, me, and a few other fans I know elsewhere) wanted was for Reeve to do the obvious and keep/utilize Howard (obvious piece for now and the future with Brunson getting older, closer to retirement) and see if she can help continue the Lynx's run, but Reeve got rid of her for basically nothing, and now Howard is one of the main reason the Storm are in 1st place. If Reeve actually made moves that all made sense, and the Lynx failed, I'd be fine with it, but almost every move she has made has backfired.

Hey i know this guy named Fred , who just got the boot that states he wants to coach in the WNBA again if your looking for a replacement? Laughing Ive been waiting to tell someone that for the past 3 years!!!

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hey i know this guy named Fred , who just got the boot that states he wants to coach in the WNBA again if your looking for a replacement? Laughing Ive been waiting to tell someone that for the past 3 years!!!

Since I'm not an expert on who is out there, and even if Fred can't be any worse, I'm not sure how much better he'd be, I'll wait until Shades finds the next GOAT Head Coach candidate like he did in Nicki Collen. Smile

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

If it was only in their hands then yeah, sure. But a win guarantees nothing. I'm not sure what the right call is but that's why Mike T gets paid the big bucks Very Happy

pilight

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

If it was only in their hands then yeah, sure. But a win guarantees nothing. I'm not sure what the right call is but that's why Mike T gets paid the big bucks Very Happy

I'm sure they'll have someone keeping an eye on the Atlanta game

PostPosted: 08/19/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
pilight wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

The W really needs to tip all games on the final day at the same start time next season. This final day is still interesting , but could be even better if teams played without knowing their fate til its over. #DramaWnbaDrama

PostPosted: 08/19/18 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Since I'm not an expert on who is out there, and even if Fred can't be any worse, I'm not sure how much better he'd be, I'll wait until Shades finds the next GOAT Head Coach candidate like he did in Nicki Collen. Smile

You guys realize there’s a difference between the coach and the GM, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: