RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA Salaries Released ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/18 1:39 pm    ::: WNBA Salaries Released ? Reply Reply with quote

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit

This was posted on high post hoops by Megdal . Wondering what other's opinions are ? This seems a bit sketchy to me , according to this breakdown . Kayla McBride is the highest paid player this season at 163K ? Hmmmmm , not sure if this has been posted yet or not but very interesting information . Helps with transactions during the off season. Didnt realize Minny had so many players out of contract next season . Shocked

PostPosted: 08/16/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good find. Is there any other info linked with it that gives some more insight in to how they came up with this.

McBride would only make sense if she got the 50k to limit overseas play.

Most of it looks plausible for the Dream, though the team said Angel signed a multi-year deal while it shows she only signed for 2018. could believe either. Or maybe there was team/player opt out or something. I recall Angel did say that she would only sign one year deals from now on before she signed the last one. Going all in on Montgomery and Breland for 3 years seems like a risk, but they probably had to do that to get them.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Good find. Is there any other info linked with it that gives some more insight in to how they came up with this.

Most of it looks plausible for the Dream, though the team said Angel signed a multi-year deal while it shows she only signed for 2018. could believe either. Or maybe there was team/player opt out or something. I recall Angel did say that she would only sign one year deals from now on before she signed the last one. Going all in on Montgomery and Breland for 3 years seems like a risk, but they probably had to do that to get them.

Yes the mcbride pay would make sense but she was with Yakin-Dogu the entire season but had some brief cameo's to open for the vegas franchise. Not sure how much i trust this spreadsheet but its great for insight. Glad we got something to work with . I wanted Bentley for next season but she's obviously being paid way to much lol same with Hartley .

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing ....You beat me to it...I was just about to make a thread

zune69

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Salaries that caught my eye:

Langhorne-115,500k
Paris-111k,111k
Clark-82,500k,84,100k,85,800k
Lavender-113k,115k,117k...Lavender make the same amount as Ogwumike.
Sims-65k
Bone-112k,112k
T.Hill-113k,115,117k....Taylar has two more years left on her contract.

Free Agent List(not all)

Bonner
'Griner
Lyttle
January
G.Johnson...Chicago can sign Glory without giving anything up.
S.Johnson
Dupree
McCoughtry
Ndour
Quigley
Vandersloot
J.Thomas
C.Thomas
S.Johnson
Charles
Coleman
Boyd
Prince
rodgers
Vaughn
Zahui b
Zellous

Stokes,Hartley and Nurse are the only Liberty players under contract for the 2019 season.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yes the mcbride pay would make sense but she was with Yakin-Dogu the entire season but had some brief cameo's to open for the vegas franchise. Not sure how much i trust this spreadsheet but its great for insight. Glad we got something to work with . I wanted Bentley for next season but she's obviously being paid way to much lol same with Hartley .

Yakin Dogu just folded so maybe that has something to do with it.

zune69 wrote:

Bone-112k,112k

lmao.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plaisance making $100,000? Laughing

So many LOLs on that salary list I couldn’t keep track..

Genero36

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:28 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Salaries Released ? Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PsHkvE7SJtsV7fq7QHt7UfKPQHJg7_uLgZIkbwPbdi0/edit

This was posted on high post hoops by Megdal . Wondering what other's opinions are ? This seems a bit sketchy to me , according to this breakdown . Kayla McBride is the highest paid player this season at 163K ? Hmmmmm , not sure if this has been posted yet or not but very interesting information . Helps with transactions during the off season. Didnt realize Minny had so many players out of contract next season . Shocked

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:44 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Salaries Released ? Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

At least this verifies we were lied to/misled about the Lynx not being able to afford Howard, as this shows Reeve wanted BOTH Tanisha Wright ($93,000) and D-Rob more than keeping Howard (instead of keeping Howard and choosing one of D-Rob or Wright, and settle for cheaper option for the other). Though to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Reeve didn't even think that Howard is good enough to deserve a max-contract until she went to a team with a coach that would play her and prove she is good, so she probably thought she could lowball her. 😵

Shades

PostPosted: 08/16/18 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You forgot how Reeve begged Whalen to come back when Whalen was leaning toward retirement before the season with her new job. Now Reeve has benched Whalen and is happy to push her out the door. Surprised

It’d be nice to have one of these salary bases where you can be sure it’s accurate. Unless someone is leaking the info out to them, I’m thinking this is a best guess based on info in the CBA and whatever else. Is someone leaking it to him? I dunno... it shouldn’t have to be leaked.

For Minnesota, he left out a bunch of salaries.
I’m guessing Kizer would make around what Wright would, but she was there half a season. Call it $46K
Miyem gets a prorated amount of probably the same as Zandalasini gets. Call it $35K
Larkins and Colson are shown as $0 but I’ll give them a conservative estimate of $10K

That adds up to $91K miscellaneous that would bump them up to the salary cap.

Way too much spent on guards that have contributed too little.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/18 4:00 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Salaries Released ? Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

At least this verifies we were lied to/misled about the Lynx not being able to afford Howard, as this shows Reeve wanted BOTH Tanisha Wright ($93,000) and D-Rob more than keeping Howard (instead of keeping Howard and choosing one of D-Rob or Wright, and settle for cheaper option for the other). Though to be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if Reeve didn't even think that Howard is good enough to deserve a max-contract until she went to a team with a coach that would play her and prove she is good, so she probably thought she could lowball her. 😵

Yes this was my first thought . They're paying T wright & D Rob that much but couldn't afford to give Howard max ? #Lies

PostPosted: 08/16/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You forgot how Reeve begged Whalen to come back when Whalen was leaning toward retirement before the season with her new job. Now Reeve has benched Whalen and is happy to push her out the door. Surprised

It’d be nice to have one of these salary bases where you can be sure it’s accurate. Unless someone is leaking the info out to them, I’m thinking this is a best guess based on info in the CBA and whatever else. Is someone leaking it to him? I dunno... it shouldn’t have to be leaked.

For Minnesota, he left out a bunch of salaries.
I’m guessing Kizer would make around what Wright would, but she was there half a season. Call it $46K
Miyem gets a prorated amount of probably the same as Zandalasini gets. Call it $35K
Larkins and Colson are shown as $0 but I’ll give them a conservative estimate of $10K

That adds up to $91K miscellaneous that would bump them up to the salary cap.

Way too much spent on guards that have contributed too little.

If were not sure then i wouldnt call this a guess. Megdal might have his history , but this seems almost legit with an exception of a few. Im happy he did release this . Either way its a nice gesture , be appreciative Laughing

PostPosted: 08/16/18 4:42 pm    ::: Re: WNBA Salaries Released ? Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Yes this was my first thought . They're paying T wright & D Rob that much but couldn't afford to give Howard max ? #Lies

Reeve *would* rather risk going .500 than being guaranteed being able to go to the WNBA Finals if that would mean not having to play players <28 years old (Howard, Alexis Jones) Shocked
If Reeve tries to do anything with the Lynx's draft picks next year (i.e. trade them for more old vets), I'm going to demand she resign and go coach in the BIG3 where she can have a team full of all past-their prime old players like she prefers.

Randy

PostPosted: 08/16/18 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As for McBride - seems like the 50k Time Off Bonus (unless it is a typo) is a forward looking deal - so the player is agreeing to limit off season play to 90 or less overseas in the seasons after the contract is signed. McBride was signed Mar. 1, 2018 so the 50k could apply prospectively. Where she played last season wouldn't matter. (Doesn't prove that was the case, but it would have been possible.)

As for the crazy high salaries for some players (e.g. Bone) - LV only had a payroll a bit over the cap (if you believe the numbers) so they would have had to give the money to the other eligible players anyway. (Of course, they didn't have to give 2 years). Same may be true for other teams.

As I said - the numbers I've looked at seem plausible but that's not the same thing as saying they are correct.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
As for McBride - seems like the 50k Time Off Bonus (unless it is a typo) is a forward looking deal - so the player is agreeing to limit off season play to 90 or less overseas in the seasons after the contract is signed. McBride was signed Mar. 1, 2018 so the 50k could apply prospectively. Where she played last season wouldn't matter. (Doesn't prove that was the case, but it would have been possible.)

As for the crazy high salaries for some players (e.g. Bone) - LV only had a payroll a bit over the cap (if you believe the numbers) so they would have had to give the money to the other eligible players anyway. (Of course, they didn't have to give 2 years). Same may be true for other teams.

As I said - the numbers I've looked at seem plausible but that's not the same thing as saying they are correct.

Ahh that makes sense , so the 50K would be speaking for next offseason not to play overseas ? The #'s look good to me with an exception of a few , the K-Mac salary stood out the most because she would be the highest paid player and that's kind of odd .

PostPosted: 08/16/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Ahh that makes sense , so the 50K would be speaking for next offseason not to play overseas ? The #'s look good to me with an exception of a few , the K-Mac salary stood out the most because she would be the highest paid player and that's kind of odd .

What seems more odd is that there doesn't seem to be any other players getting the time off bonus, though I haven't been through all the teams yet. The money can also be divided up so it might be included in the numbers reports (or maybe Megdal just doesn't have complete data.) However, if a team was going to pay the money you would think it would go to a player good enough to already be getting max money w/o it.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 08/16/18 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder how much the coaches get paid...

You get that info in the NBA as well..
Idea

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/16/18 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:

What seems more odd is that there doesn't seem to be any other players getting the time off bonus, though I haven't been through all the teams yet. The money can also be divided up so it might be included in the numbers reports (or maybe Megdal just doesn't have complete data.) However, if a team was going to pay the money you would think it would go to a player good enough to already be getting max money w/o it.

Exactly , although im not 100% sold on this being absolutely correct i think the majority are pretty good. One player that comes to mind would be Skylar Diggins-Smith , she doesnt play over seas but does not get the extra 50k incentive ?

PostPosted: 08/16/18 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I wonder how much the coaches get paid...

You get that info in the NBA as well..
Idea

+1

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/28/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard 350k for LA anyone else know if thats legit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: