Wings
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 26

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/18/18 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Just saw the ending. Loved the energy and effort from both teams.

Didnt like that elbow from Wilson though. That was a clear get your hands off me (intentional) elbow and video showed that. So its crazy to think they the refs decided that the video was not enough to prove a hostile act.

when it happened, I actually thought it was a Thornton flop. Obviously I was wrong but even in the replay, to me it didn't look like all that much contact and I thought it probably was a case of having the wind knocked out, which is horrible when it happens but usually not a long lasting effect. It could also be a cracked rib which is more serious.

Or right on that hip bone. Had that once. Hurts pretty bad. Had a big bruise for weeks

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/18 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Didnt like that elbow from Wilson though. That was a clear get your hands off me (intentional) elbow and video showed that. So its crazy to think they the refs decided that the video was not enough to prove a hostile act.

I thought Thornton had a delayed reaction to it and seemed to play it up. Did she really need to be hauled off like that? I guess we’ll never know for sure. She did seem delicate all night and Thornton is built like a beast.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/18/18 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

I thought Thornton had a delayed reaction to it and seemed to play it up. Did she really need to be hauled off like that? I guess we’ll never know for sure. She did seem delicate all night and Thornton is built like a beast.

I thought the same as you re the delayed reaction. A'ja did get her but I don't believe it was a dirty play. She is not that kind of young lady!

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/18/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, the Wings made the playoffs and I wonder if they will get past the 1st game depending on who they will play.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/18/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

when it happened, I actually thought it was a Thornton flop. Obviously I was wrong but even in the replay, to me it didn't look like all that much contact and I thought it probably was a case of having the wind knocked out, which is horrible when it happens but usually not a long lasting effect. It could also be a cracked rib which is more serious.

It’s not common, but in fights you will see a fighter go to the ground and stay down from a punch to the body in the area where Wilson hit Thornton. They refer to it as a “liver shot”.

Quote:
A liver shot or liver punch is a punch, kick, or knee strike to the right side of the ribcage that damages the liver. Blunt force to the liver can be excruciatingly painful, and an especially effective shot will incapacitate a person.[1] Thus, in combat sports, liver shots often result in technical knockouts (TKOs).

Randy

PostPosted: 08/18/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Seems like Cambage likes playing in the WNBA.

And playing for the Dallas Wings as well . So happy for her making her 1st WNBA playoff appearance. Watching her tear up at mid court last night had everyone emotional. She works hard man , no player can produce like Liz. Period. MVP or not , she's got my respect ! #QueenCabbage

Liz was my Fantasy Queen last night - 60.1 fantasy points! Very Happy

Dzammmmmmmmmnnnn i dont think ive ever seen someone produce 60.1 fantasy points Laughing

She must gotten more on her 53 point night when they add in rebounds, blocks and assists.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 08/18/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahh , love the heavyweight title fight.

Maybe aces could have gone with isolating McBride on Glory, until the wings were forced to try another line-up. Maybe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: