RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Crytpic news

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRballer

PostPosted: 08/14/18 12:07 pm    ::: Crytpic news Reply Reply with quote

Mechele Voepel tweets..."the wheels are in motion" just now and other prominent WBB writers are responding...

UConn vs. Tennessee happening again? Laughing

Sounds like something is getting announced within the hour. Could be WNBA related...

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 08/14/18 12:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tweets show signs pointing to UConn/Tennessee... wow.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes seeing UCONN tweet At tennessee is monumental in real life Shocked Just weird that they want to play now , Tennessee would be emabrassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 08/14/18 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Updated: UConn will host Tennessee in January 2020, and then in Knoxville in 2021. Proceeds will benefit the Basketball HOF and Pat Summitt Foundation.

https://twitter.com/LadyVol_Hoops/status/1029422182387130369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1029422182387130369&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231029422182387130369

PostPosted: 08/14/18 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Yes seeing UCONN tweet At tennessee is monumental in real life Shocked Just weird that they want to play now , Tennessee would be emabrassed Embarassed

Unlikely. Tennessee has looked bad against a lot of mediocre teams but has also beaten several top 5 programs lately. When motivated for 40 minutes they can compete with most any team.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/14/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yawn.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess HW figures UCONN is gonna stink in 2 years?

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some things, you just CAN'T recapture or reconstruct. It'll be fun to see the initial buzz, but....ya.

Let's just hope it's reasonably competitive, to support the inevitable hype.

PostPosted: 08/15/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who says they are trying to "recapture" the days of yore? These are still the 2 programs with the most National Titles, most Final Four appearances, etc. I think it is great that they are going to play each other with the proceeds going to support some great causes.

Might 2020-2021 be the final year for Geno? Maybe there is something poetic in him going to Knoxville and paying his final respects to Pat Summitt, Tennessee and the history that program represents and all they did for women's college basketball? I don't know, I could certainly be looking into it way more than what it is, but the timing would seem to fit. Geno would be 67 at the end of that season and I could certainly see him taking the mic after that game in Knoxville and saying something to the crowd.

Maybe I would just like to see something like that. I think that would be so fitting given what both coaches and programs have done for the world of women's college basketball.

And1

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure of the timing of the games, but would it not be horrible for TN fans if Geno broke Summitt's record for all time wins in this game.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/15/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn has made a point of having the toughest non-conference schedule because of their terrible conference. These games seem to reverse that trend. :lol: :lol:

PRballer

PostPosted: 08/15/18 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This could actually be a pretty competitive game. The talented if not mercurial class that includes Westbrook, Davis, etc. will be juniors by then, so might be a fun game to look forward to.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/15/18 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Who says they are trying to "recapture" the days of yore? These are still the 2 programs with the most National Titles, most Final Four appearances, etc.

I think you just replied to your own question with your second sentence. Wink
It's ALL about the past, the rivalry, etc. And that's NOT a bad thing. Any team's national dominance cannot carry on forever. Tennessee's hasn't. UConn's won't. No more than LaTech's or Old Dominion's could.

I'd certainly hope to watch the game(s), but for now, I prefer to live in the present, with hot rivalries like UConn/Notre Dame, or the rising Pac12 rivalries, etc.

PostPosted: 08/17/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It would have been nice to see them just ONCE in the postseason play each other for the past decade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: