Liberty
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Sparks
83%
 83%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 24

Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/18 7:21 pm    ::: Libertyđź—˝ @ Sparksđź’Ą - 8/14/18 Reply Reply with quote

Los Angeles, CA - 10:30 PM ET
TV: NBA TV, SpecSN, MSG+

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180814/NYLLAS

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018970

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Libs are still in a fight with the Fever for worst record in the WNBA, the Libs can't afford to make a mistake winning this game.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
The Libs are still in a fight with the Fever for worst record in the WNBA, the Libs can't afford to make a mistake winning this game.

It doesn’t matter as far as Indy goes. Indy has the best odds at #1 already locked up.

Now in the slim chance that Dallas doesn’t make the playoffs, there could be a battle between #3 & #4 with NYL & DAL. NYL are at 29 wins in the previous two seasons while DAL are at 30 wins.

This is why CHI and NYL fans should be cheering for the Aces to make the playoffs. If the Aces miss the playoffs, they’re a lock at second best odds at #1. I’m not sure what Laimbeer would do with #1.... maybe pick up that 6’7 strong rebounding machine from MSU? She wouldn’t have to take shots away from Wilson. Just rebound and put back most of her misses.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jap

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I totally have no idea where some of our players are health-wise or, more importantly, head-wise. Nneka has always seemed like the most energetic player on the court until her recent health issue. Alana can still harass the hell out of the likes of Diana . . . sometimes! However, I have been seriously hoping for Brian & Penny to seek to acquire a young defensive-minded wing to groom as Alana's replacement for the last few years.

Hosting the Liberty at Staples should provide the Sparks a chance to reset some of their recent struggles. The key is to drop no further than a #4 playoff seed ranking to maximize the chances for rest & refocus before the post season commences. This Sparks team firing on all cylinders can take down any squad in the league, but their focus and chemistry have been an issue all season long.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

It doesn’t matter as far as Indy goes. Indy has the best odds at #1 already locked up.

Now in the slim chance that Dallas doesn’t make the playoffs, there could be a battle between #3 & #4 with NYL & DAL. NYL are at 29 wins in the previous two seasons while DAL are at 30 wins.

This is why CHI and NYL fans should be cheering for the Aces to make the playoffs. If the Aces miss the playoffs, they’re a lock at second best odds at #1. I’m not sure what Laimbeer would do with #1.... maybe pick up that 6’7 strong rebounding machine from MSU? She wouldn’t have to take shots away from Wilson. Just rebound and put back most of her misses.

Right now? An easy pick, if she's there - KLS and she will be the rookie of the year. April 2019? We'll have to see how the bigs perform and improve during the college season. Write it down.. Laughing

toad455

PostPosted: 08/14/18 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty might be with just 7 tonight.

https://twitter.com/DishNSwish/status/1029440528453173249?s=19

We really should have signed someone with the injured exemption. Tina's going to play 40 minutes again tonight.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Right now? An easy pick, if she's there - KLS and she will be the rookie of the year. April 2019? We'll have to see how the bigs perform and improve during the college season. Write it down.. Laughing

Laughing

PostPosted: 08/14/18 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka is playing at about 1/2 her normal energy level. It's kind of a preview of how she will look at age 36. Sad to see. She's trying but.....Hopefully she will find out what the problem is and get it fixed soon!

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 08/14/18 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka should just sit for this game if she's still not 100%.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/14/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Laughing

One of the reasons I am weary of moving up is while I like both Brown and McCowan and know we can use the size I'm not convinced they are elite, still pretty good with size might be enough.

OTOH I do think KLS and Durr will be elite at least on the offensive end. So staying 3/4 might make our choice easier and work out better. Now where I'm stuck is KLS VS Durr, I think both will be really good but I'm not convinced as most think that KLS will be better than Durr. Well I have all college season to worry about and debate this but my gut says Durr may be the next great scoring guard, while KLS I'm not as sure. OTOOH KLS is definitely more unique in size and skill set and might light it up.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Laughing

One of the reasons I am weary of moving up is while I like both Brown and McCowan and know we can use the size I'm not convinced they are elite, still pretty good with size might be enough.

OTOH I do think KLS and Durr will be elite at least on the offensive end. So staying 3/4 might make our choice easier and work out better. Now where I'm stuck is KLS VS Durr, I think both will be really good but I'm not convinced as most think that KLS will be better than Durr. Well I have all college season to worry about and debate this but my gut says Durr may be the next great scoring guard, while KLS I'm not as sure. OTOOH KLS is definitely more unique in size and skill set and might light it up.

How do you feel about Karlie Samuelson ?

PostPosted: 08/14/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Careful J-Spoon - that's a trick question.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Traveling Charles getting away with those happy feet as usual. That one was soo bad she confused the refs Laughing. At candace doing a 2nd take to understand what the hell kind of move that was Laughing Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/14/18 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Careful J-Spoon - that's a trick question.

Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liberty win puts the Sun one game up on the Sparks with 2 to play and the Sun have the tie-break. Magic/Tragic number for CT vs. LA would be 1.

Last edited by RI_Sun_Fan on 08/14/18 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, those boxing bells ringing can't be helping...

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I always thought defensive position could only be established before or when a leaping player starts her jump.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can someone remind me why Weise is on the team? I know she had an injury to begin the season but shes seen absolutely zero court time. I actually think she can be a nice role player for a different squad. Possible Back up PG. Agler waive her in the offseason draft a replacement and you know WHO better get on the phones !

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, so that's where Angel Gray went!

Between her and Olivia Harlan, we've got quite a Mid-Day Train going for our sideline reporters between Georgia and LA!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Shades wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

Laughing

Size is priority 1. Trust me on that. If there’s no chance to get one of the posts I’m interested in multiple players for different reasons. What I like about KLS is that she does two things...pass and run the floor...better than just about any player I can think of who shoots more than half her shots from 3. At this stage of college development I mean.

Interestingly if Dallas misses the playoffs, the Liberty can still get the third spot if they keep losing as the two teams are neck and neck in two-year record. Leave it to the Libs to ruin that by winning tonight. Laughing All that being said, I still can’t root for them to lose. I’m just too emotionally invested.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nurse 7 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 BS and one time rolling on the for a loose ball. Something I wish the rest of them would do now and then. They got badly outhustled by Atlanta...playing its sixth game in 9 days. Embarrassing.

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone needs to tell the Sparks that they have no shot at a lottery pick so they should just start trying to win their remaining games.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i didnt realize NY has lost 9 in a row as well. Wings and libs #Twinning

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

They should make an emergency schedule change. NY and Dallas play. Loser plays the Fever. Loser wins the lottery.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/14/18 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

They should make an emergency schedule change. NY and Dallas play. Loser plays the Fever. Loser wins the lottery.

OMG i love this idea. You want the #1 pick prove your losses weren't a fluke and win the #1 pick. The best of the worst Laughing

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/14/18 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: