RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

India Lewis Razorback alum. R.I.P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/08/18 10:10 pm    ::: India Lewis Razorback alum. R.I.P Reply Reply with quote

India Lewis, a sweet shooting guard for the Gary Blair lead Razorbacks, died at the age of 36 after battling breast cancer. I remember those teams with Lewis and Shameka Christon. They played Duke tough back when I followed the DeBils) in one of those Cancun tourney type venues. That's when Duke featured the Beards, The Tillises, and the Goestenkors.

https://5newsonline.com/2018/08/08/former-razorback-star-india-lewis-dies-at-36/

Cancer sucks

deanjet

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:23 am    ::: Re: India Lewis Razorback alum. R.I.P Reply Reply with quote

This breaks my heart. Lewis was a high school phenom. Coach Mike Neighbors alluded to one of his first experiences with India via tweets from the team's tour to Italy:

"My numbers might be slightly off but saw her score 36 PT’s, grab 13 rebs, dish out 11 assists, and steal it 12 times in a 24:00 minute Jr High Game... I have film of great Benton County Tourney Final in 97 or 98 that I will find."

"You created many basketball memories for those of us lucky enough to be in NWA when you were growing up, but will still always be most remembered by how you went out of way to make my young daughter (and so many others) feel special."

"We will walk Side-by-Side for former #21 and our teammate forever, India Lewis. She left a legacy in a time when it’s very hard for student/athletes to do that."

Amber Shirey summed it up best:
"India was one of the toughest Razorbacks ever. She was a great Razorback, teammate, and friend. #21 will be missed."

As a lifelong Razorback fan, I hurt for her family, friends, former teammates, and the fans who adored this hometown hero. Rest in peace, India. You will never be forgotten.

PostPosted: 08/09/18 10:56 am    ::: Re: India Lewis Razorback alum. R.I.P Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
India Lewis, a sweet shooting guard for the Gary Blair lead Razorbacks, died at the age of 36 after battling breast cancer. I remember those teams with Lewis and Shameka Christon. They played Duke tough back when I followed the DeBils) in one of those Cancun tourney type venues. That's when Duke featured the Beards, The Tillises, and the Goestenkors.

https://5newsonline.com/2018/08/08/former-razorback-star-india-lewis-dies-at-36/

Cancer sucks

Rest easy India ! Quick question though how many Tillises were there ? lol I only remember Iciss.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: