Sun☀️ @ Wings🦇 - 8/08/18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Connecticut just became my official pick to win the title. Sorry seattle...i Do think it will be the Storm Vs Sun though in the finals. Im like 65 % convinced. Yesterday washington were my favorites so this is subject to change :lol:

Seattle swept Connecticut this year. Atlanta is better.

Without Alyssa Thomas i believe.

Atlanta swept Connecticut. Alyssa Thomas only missed one of those games; Connecticut was at full strength in the others. Also, in the game that the Sun played without Thomas, the Dream played without Hayes.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Next Friday night will be the battle for 8th place. I hope Vegas wins a game during this upcoming stretch and we continue to lose to make it even more interesting. Ill be in the house leaving work early that day !

I swear if you don’t have a “We Want Ping Pong Balls” sign, then you aren’t a true WWFL Wink Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Format will be interesting.Certain teams will benefit from their positioning which will lead to a lot of upsets. If theres a such thing as upsets in professional basketball. I feel theres a 50% chance we won't see the #1 or #2 seed in the finals . Possibly one or the other. Makes for great entertainment. The old format could not produce this with the uneven field of talent in the East vs West.

Last edited by WNBA 09 on 08/08/18 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Next Friday night will be the battle for 8th place. I hope Vegas wins a game during this upcoming stretch and we continue to lose to make it even more interesting. Ill be in the house leaving work early that day !

I swear if you don’t have a “We Want Ping Pong Balls” sign, then you aren’t a true WWFL Wink Laughing

Oh Geez Ive never been a fan of signs Laughing. Im too loud and the sign would be all in the way Laughing. But you did just give me an idea to hibernate on !

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
craigmont wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Connecticut just became my official pick to win the title. Sorry seattle...i Do think it will be the Storm Vs Sun though in the finals. Im like 65 % convinced. Yesterday washington were my favorites so this is subject to change Laughing

Seattle swept Connecticut this year. Atlanta is better.

Without Alyssa Thomas i believe.

Atlanta swept Connecticut. Alyssa Thomas only missed one of those games; Connecticut was at full strength in the others. Also, in the game that the Sun played without Thomas, the Dream played without Hayes.

I was referring to seattles wins over Connecticut. The rest of my posts was about how Conn cant even get past ATL so i retracted ..... Question

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
What else does Fred have to do in order for Bibb too see how bad he is? Were about to be under .500 with two WNBA all 1st teamers.

Are we sure Fred isn't a genius who is trying to acquire PP-quality talent for next season by making sure to finish in 8th place, and when the playoffs start, the Wings will magically make it to the WNBA Finals? Or maybe not. Smile

It feels like Sandy & Fred have had the same plan over the past month, and they've been doing it so well that Bill had to throw a game to keep his PPs safe.

Omg your right! Coach reeves must be pissed that the others have figured her out ! Space?

Maybe the Lynx are fine with the #7 pick, which is why they decided to finally win again yesterday. Very Happy Or maybe the Sky realized they need more losses for their 20-year tanking plan. Smile
95% chance nobody is tanking, but the 5% is more fun. Smile

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Oh Geez Ive never been a fan of signs Laughing. Im too loud and the sign would be all in the way Laughing. But you did just give me an idea to hibernate on !

Make sure to wear your Shaqator jersey with that sign, in honor of the previous Wings PP-pick of their own (not acquired via trade). Smile Luckily next year's draft is supposed to be better than last year's.

zune69

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stevens should be the starting PF next season...Johnson is trade bait.Glory needs a change of scenery IMO ..Dallas should be able to get back a starter,two quality bench players,or maybe even a lottery pick for Johnson(4th pick)......If Chicago ends up with the 4th pick,and McCowen,Brown,and Collier are no longer on the board....Johnson for the 4th pick is very plausible.

Dallas could draft Durr and KLS with the 4th/5th picks.

G-Diggins
G-Durr
C-Cambage
F-Stevens
F-Samuelson

Dallas could throw in Davis just to sweeten the deal.

FemmeFatale

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Long Winded Post Alert*

Looking at the rest of the Wings schedule and comparing it to how they've been playing, there's a legitimate chance that they won't win another game. If that happens and LV manages to squeak out 3 wins, the Wings won't even make the playoffs.

And to those of you looking forward to high draft picks, please name a Wings pick in the last 4 years that has been indisposable. They don't develop their rookies at all and then trade them off for nothing without giving them a chance. So unless we have another Aja Wilson or Breanna Stewart in the draft, they won't be anything that I'd get excited about.

Although I'm #TeamGetFredTheFuckOuttaHere, if you go by what Erin and Tahj have said in multiple game interviews, the team doesn't do a damn thing that they practice. And outside of the little win streak, they generally play really low iq basketball. Horrible spacing, no ball movement, constantly chucking up 3's, forcing the ball to Liz when half of the opposing team is on her back, terrible defense, etc. Sure, Fred is bad, but the players also are the blame for this mess.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Stevens should be the starting PF next season...Johnson is trade bait.Glory needs a change of scenery IMO ..Dallas should be able to get back a starter,two quality bench players,or maybe even a lottery pick for Johnson(4th pick)......If Chicago ends up with the 4th pick,and McCowen,Brown,and Collier are no longer on the board....Johnson for the 4th pick is very plausible.

Dallas could draft Durr and KLS with the 4th/5th picks.

G-Diggins
G-Durr
C-Cambage
F-Stevens
F-Samuelson

Dallas could throw in Davis just to sweeten the deal.

If only Fred had a brain.....How Sweet this could be and i endorse this message as well!

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
Looking at the rest of the Wings schedule and comparing it to how they've been playing, there's a legitimate chance that they won't win another game. If that happens and LV manages to squeak out 3 wins, the Wings won't even make the playoffs.

I agree. Especially since I could see Cambage missing most, if not all, of the 5 remaining games after that head knock.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:
*Long Winded Post Alert*

And to those of you looking forward to high draft picks, please name a Wings pick in the last 4 years that has been indisposable. They don't develop their rookies at all and then trade them off for nothing without giving them a chance. So unless we have another Aja Wilson or Breanna Stewart in the draft, they won't be anything that I'd get excited about.

Although I'm #TeamGetFredTheFuckOuttaHere, if you go by what Erin and Tahj have said in multiple game interviews, the team doesn't do a damn thing that they practice. And outside of the little win streak, they generally play really low iq basketball. Horrible spacing, no ball movement, constantly chucking up 3's, forcing the ball to Liz when half of the opposing team is on her back, terrible defense, etc. Sure, Fred is bad, but the players also are the blame for this mess.

They dont know any better and thats strictly on fred. The so called "Players Coach" Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

I agree. Especially since I could see Cambage missing most, if not all, of the 5 remaining games after that head knock.

She will get that rest i mentioned earlier. She walked off on her own i doubt she misses all 5. Maybe 3 out of 5 maybe none. We shall see

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

She will get that rest i mentioned earlier. She walked off on her own i doubt she misses all 5. Maybe 3 out of 5 maybe none. We shall see

We shall. Hopefully she is ok, but it looked like a concussion-worthy impact to me and I was really surprised she went back out onto the court after it, especially straight away.
Fingers crossed for her.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FemmeFatale wrote:

No...that's on the Coach...Fred gives his players too much freedom to do what the hell they want...No Discipline & No Accountability combined with a mediocre offensive and defensive gameplan.

Last edited by zune69 on 08/08/18 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mojo

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
What else does Fred have to do in order for Bibb too see how bad he is? Were about to be under .500 with two WNBA all 1st teamers.

Are we sure Fred isn't a genius who is trying to acquire PP-quality talent for next season by making sure to finish in 8th place, and when the playoffs start, the Wings will magically make it to the WNBA Finals? Or maybe not. Smile

It feels like Sandy & Fred have had the same plan over the past month, and they've been doing it so well that Bill had to throw a game to keep his PPs safe.

Omg your right! Coach reeves must be pissed that the others have figured her out ! Space?

When players don't produce, they are benched traded or cut. Coaches are graded on wins/losses. It's time for Fred to go before our players want out. This team has talent and Fred does not know how to tap the resources for maximum results.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/08/18 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

When players don't produce, they are benched traded or cut. Coaches are graded on wins/losses. It's time for Fred to go before our players want out. This team has talent and Fred does not know how to tap the resources for maximum results.

Preaaaaaach couldn't have said it any better ....

PostPosted: 08/08/18 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Hill already ahead of Davis in the rotation?

toad455

PostPosted: 08/09/18 4:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Is Hill already ahead of Davis in the rotation?

yes.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/09/18 5:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

We shall. Hopefully she is ok, but it looked like a concussion-worthy impact to me and I was really surprised she went back out onto the court after it, especially straight away.
Fingers crossed for her.

Havent seen the game yet. When did it happen?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/09/18 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

Fingers crossed for her.

6:40 left in the 4th

PostPosted: 08/09/18 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/08/08/wings-drop-sixth-straight-skylar-diggins-smiths-return-injury-liz-cambage-exits-early

Quote:
After the Wings’ 101-92 loss to the Connecticut Sun on Wednesday at College Park Center, the players held a players-only meeting.

PostPosted: 08/09/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2018/08/08/wings-drop-sixth-straight-skylar-diggins-smiths-return-injury-liz-cambage-exits-early

Quote:
After the Wings’ 101-92 loss to the Connecticut Sun on Wednesday at College Park Center, the players held a players-only meeting.

Fire Fred meeting?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/09/18 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Fire Fred meeting?

No, I think they love Fred. It’ll probably take a strong hand from the front office to get rid of him.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/09/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
FemmeFatale wrote:

Fingers crossed for her.

6:40 left in the 4th

She hit the back of her head pretty hard. Hopefully she will be ok. I dont like how she is trying to draw that foul though. She grabbed Jones arm and fell down with it on purpose

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: