RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fan Available

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/06/18 4:32 am    ::: Fan Available Reply Reply with quote

Well, the Liberty are mathematically eliminated from the WNBA playoffs. Boy that was fast. It's time for me to be a valuable late season acquisition for someone's fanbase!

Yes, that's right, I could be rooting for your team; I'm looking for the perfect fit that can match my spectator skills with an organization with playoff prospects.

CREDENTIALS
Rooted NY Mets to World Series championship in 1969 (and then jumped off when they traded Seaver; I am neither responsible for the 1986 championship nor the mediocrity that has otherwise plagued the franchise)
Rooted NY Knicks to NBA Championships in 1969 and 1973
Rooted NY Islanders to 4 consecutive Stanley Cup Championships (and since my favorite player was Bryan Trottier, you can be assured that I will represent your team with dignity and class--shout out to those Liberty fans who were talking about Bryan and Bossy earlier this season)
Rooted NY Yankees to, umm, a lot of championships, and only enjoyed them, never gloated. Do not confuse out of town Yankee fans with Yankee fans born in the Bronx!
Rooted NY Giants to 4 NFL Championships
-- Uncredited Assistant Defensive Coordinator for the duration of Lawrence Taylor's career. Responsible for all rituals required to make the defense play at maximum effort.
-- Singlehandedly enabled the Giants to defeat the Dallas Cowboys on Nov 2, 1986 by willing Dallas OT Phil Pozderac to false start at a key moment in the game (George Martin? no, don't remember him, no sir-ee).

REASON TO HAVE ME ROOTING FOR YOUR TEAM THAT ISN'T TOTAL BULLCRAP
Another person to discuss your team with on RebKell! Always a good thing, right? I might be a little silly and over the top about rooting for the team, though. I'll talk basketball too, promise.

THE TYPE OF TEAM I'M LOOKING FOR
1. Great Point Guard
2. Energetic and effective defense
3. Not from Dallas (see NY Giants stuff above)

I know my track record with basketball hasn't been that great recently, especially given the fact that I was rooting for the Liberty this year, but I watched every game my team played until they were mathematically eliminated.

And there's a good chance I'll still watch the rest. I am the type of person you want rooting for your team. I will bleed your teams colors and live and die with them through thick and thin. Until next season, of course. Then you're on your own.

So there it is! I'm available to the best sales pitch--it's almost like Lebron's free agency! Where's NYSports56 going to end up?

OK, that's it--if I'm talking about myself in the 3rd person, I am definitely taking this to far. Let me know who I should root for! Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 08/06/18 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DC or the Sun are your closest options. Looks like DC has the PG to match your requirements. Most DC fans seem to hate their team owners so you will be used to that.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/06/18 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I vote Indy, because they seem the most in need of an enthusiastic Rebkellian fan.

PostPosted: 08/06/18 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suppose if you are a bandwagon jumper you might as well to to Liberty Storm game today and root for the Stormy's. They do have pretty good PG.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I suppose if you are a bandwagon jumper you might as well to to Liberty Storm game today and root for the Stormy's. They do have pretty good PG.

Pretty good backup, too! You get the best of the old and the best of the new with Seattle. After watching the Liberty/Storm game, I think I like the idea of getting to root for Sue Bird; the Storm could be the team for me!

As for Indiana, while I don't need to go full-bandwagon mode and hop on with the Storm, I do at least require a team that's going to make the playoffs. I've still got the Liberty for Indiana-style entertainment. Also, while it's fair to give Indiana their due on RebKell, I'd rather jump to a team that has a lively folder here.

Cheers to all of you rooting for a team that still has a mathematical chance. Smile

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/08/18 8:58 am    ::: Re: Fan Available Reply Reply with quote

I recommend not "rooting" for any WNBA team. Rather, just "observe" games for recreational intellectual curiosity instead of emotional attachment. Save emotional attachment for college and high school teams, which your requirements . . .

NYSports56 wrote:

THE TYPE OF TEAM I'M LOOKING FOR
1. Great Point Guard
2. Energetic and effective defense
3. Not from Dallas (see NY Giants stuff above)

. . . do not technically exclude.

I recommend UConn as meeting all these requirements very well; and, if #1 is really #1, I further recommend Hopkins High School of Minnetonka, Minnesota.
NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/08/18 3:21 pm    ::: Re: Fan Available Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I recommend not "rooting" for any WNBA team. Rather, just "observe" games for recreational intellectual curiosity instead of emotional attachment. Save emotional attachment for college and high school teams

I pretty much don't watch sports without a rooting interest. I watch my teams and that is it (they take up more than enough of my leisure time). The only exception is NFL football, where I will watch every single game I can possibly view.

And I have no rooting interest whatsoever in college sports. I haven't watched a women's college event in about 10 years. Last year, I spent less than 5 hours watching men's college sports (about 4 hours of football, less than one hour of all other sports combined). Like a lot of New York area sports fans, I prefer the pro game.

This whole bandwagon jumping thing is part for laughs, part for giving me a reason to watch the games. Recreational intellectual curiosity is not solely enough for me.

I may watch a little bit of women's college hoops this year though, due to the fact that the college season takes place after the WNBA season. Each team knows where it's drafting, and the Liberty are going to be drafting high. I may tune in some to watch one of their potential number 1 picks.

craigmont

PostPosted: 08/08/18 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm biased (which is part of being a sports fan, I guess,) but the Storm's uptempo style makes them fun to watch.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/08/18 4:20 pm    ::: Re: Fan Available Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
[parts snipped]
...CREDENTIALS
Rooted NY Mets to World Series championship in 1969 (and then jumped off when they traded Seaver; I am neither responsible for the 1986 championship nor the mediocrity that has otherwise plagued the franchise)
Rooted NY Knicks to NBA Championships in 1969 and 1973
Rooted NY Islanders to 4 consecutive Stanley Cup Championships (and since my favorite player was Bryan Trottier, you can be assured that I will represent your team with dignity and class--shout out to those Liberty fans who were talking about Bryan and Bossy earlier this season)
Rooted NY Yankees to, umm, a lot of championships, and only enjoyed them, never gloated. Do not confuse out of town Yankee fans with Yankee fans born in the Bronx!
Rooted NY Giants to 4 NFL Championships
-- Uncredited Assistant Defensive Coordinator for the duration of Lawrence Taylor's career. Responsible for all rituals required to make the defense play at maximum effort.
-- Singlehandedly enabled the Giants to defeat the Dallas Cowboys on Nov 2, 1986 by willing Dallas OT Phil Pozderac to false start at a key moment in the game (George Martin? no, don't remember him, no sir-ee)...[snip]

Not a New York Rangers fan? Wink

PostPosted: 08/09/18 4:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
I'm biased (which is part of being a sports fan, I guess,) but the Storm's uptempo style makes them fun to watch.

I really liked the way they were flying around on defense against the Liberty the other night. Of course everybody looks good against the Liberty, but that's the type of defense I want to watch. Throw in Bird and Canada, and that's pretty much what I was asking for in a team, right? It's really looking like I'm going to wind up in Seattle for the post-season! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: