Dream
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Great game!

Indeed it was, But there were many fouls on A'ja which were not called and why didn't Brittney S not get a foul for her antics.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aces trainer... you Da Real MVP! Cool

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/07/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum Shocked. Gotta watch this replay to believe the stats!

PostPosted: 08/07/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hope Angel isn't injured badly from that roll up - she wasn't even limping well or without assistance getting off the court after the game.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey had an amazing game. LV is going to be a force in the next couple of years. Plum is finally coming into her own. McBride is already having a great offensive season, and Wilson will be an MVP. They are young and hungry. They need another couple of pieces and they could make a good run. I'm not sure they will make the playoffs this year, but if they do, they will be scary in a one game playoff.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/07/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
Kelsey had an amazing game. LV is going to be a force in the next couple of years. Plum is finally coming into her own. McBride is already having a great offensive season, and Wilson will be an MVP. They are young and hungry. They need another couple of pieces and they could make a good run. I'm not sure they will make the playoffs this year, but if they do, they will be scary in a one game playoff.

This ____________ X

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:
Hope Angel isn't injured badly from that roll up - she wasn't even limping well or without assistance getting off the court after the game.

I didn't like Jefferson much before, but I really dislike her now. You undercut someone like that in your local pickup game and you'd get a richly deserved ass kicking.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Plum played really well. She's much, much better than Jefferson.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Yes im conviced now as well. Pre-Injury Moriah was more explosive and confident on offense. MoJeff has time to turn it around though. She can get back to that player and possibly better. Plum is going to be a stud in this league.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, also, the Aces were the only other team besides Atlanta that had been undefeated when leading after three quarters. Now the Dream are the only one.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dreamers have beaten Minny and Las Vegas. I already knew it was gonna be up to us to take them down, but why did the damn League have to schedule us to play them on the 2nd leg of a back to back? They always do this to us every year: schedule the Atlanta Roadrunners to play us on the 2nd leg of a back to back duo.

Well, if we want a week off when the playoffs start we will to suck it up and take down both the Liberty and the Dream on successive nights. Our bench better be ready to roll because they've got a lot of basketball to play in the next two games.

PostPosted: 08/07/18 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
TigerVol wrote:

I didn't like Jefferson much before, but I really dislike her now. You undercut someone like that in your local pickup game and you'd get a richly deserved ass kicking.

If the game hadn't still been in doubt, I would have been in favor of Collen putting Price or Dietrick in the game long enough give Jefferson a receipt... I'm sure @AFO can appreciate that sentiment, from his playing days.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/18 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

LOL.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/08/18 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IZ0HRLAQs18" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 08/08/18 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The rules are liberal on assists. it seems that the offensive player can receive a pass, dribble twice, take the two-step layup and it is still an assist.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZoK1mzgW8Tw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/08/18 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
The rules are liberal on assists. it seems that the offensive player can receive a pass, dribble twice, take the two-step layup and it is still an assist.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZoK1mzgW8Tw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Those are all assists, without much argument (not that anyone actually does what you mentioned). There are only nine of them in the video though, so they've left a few out.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:

Those are all assists, without much argument (not that anyone actually does what you mentioned). There are only nine of them in the video though, so they've left a few out.

The Courtney Vandersloot mult-game assist recap videos where she set multi-game records for assists was what my comment about 2 dribbles (from a standing start as I remember it) and a two-step layup from 18 feet specifically referred to, not this Plum video. In rewatching, with the two Plum passes where Hamby and Wilson both get the ball at the foul line and score a layup, they were moving when they took the pass. That makes sense to me. But if the player catches standing still and then drives or maneuvers to get off a shot, I wouldn’t make that an assist.

Last edited by tfan on 08/08/18 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
tfan wrote:

The Courtney Vandersloot assist recap videos where she set multi-game records for assists show players catching a pass 18 feet from the basket, driving for a layup, and it was a Vandersloot assist.

Yeah, I wasn't saying you were wrong on how liberally assists are credited, just that there was nothing in that video where what you described actually happened.

I actually queried the same thing several years ago and was sent the extract below from the rulebook (no idea if it's changed in the years since):
Quote:
SECTION VI - ASSISTS

1. An assist is credited to the player tossing the last pass leading directly to a field goal, only if the player scoring the goal responds by demonstrating immediate reaction toward the basket.

[...]

MISCELLANEOUS GUIDELINES

* An assist should not be credited on a play in which the pass does not directly lead to a field goal. If the shooter makes more than one move following receipt of the pass, this should be construed as not being a continuous action after receiving the pass and, therefore, no assist should be given.

So essentially you could be credited with an assist on a 2ft inbounds pass under your own basket, as long as the player receiving it then charged directly towards the other end and didn't deviate from going right to the hoop.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

on the other hand, I've seen passes that led directly to a basket (with no deviation) where the assist wasn't given. Though maybe that happens more in college. I mean a down court quarterback heave which results in an open layup ought to be an assist, regardless if the receiver takes two dribbles after receiving the ball. There are also some players who seem to always have to make a move or two or a sideways dribble after receiving the ball even if they could just make a layup - thus nullifying the assist. Were I a PG, I would not want a lot of those on my team Wink And further, if it were up to me, I'd be giving assists to some of those crushing screens at the top of the key which result in a wide open shot. Very Happy

- Amanda Gorman
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 08/08/18 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Scarab wrote:
Weather is HORRIBLE right now in Atlanta! Another massive thunderstorm...and what sounds like hail at my office (which isn't too far from the arena). Which means horrible rush hour traffic snarls and light attendance at the game tonight. I'm trying to wait for it to die down some before I drive over to the arena cause it's really bad outside.

Atlanta drivers see one raindrop and start driving like little two year old boys that are afraid of monsters.......

I wish all drivers did that. Be less accidents.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 08/08/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

By the way, did anyone ever figure out the what/why of the LV Bench technical? Bob and LaChina said it was Asst. GM/Strength Coach Laura Ramus who did it. But did nobody else see that she was leaving the bench to head to the referee? It was still a close game at that time too. Not saying THAT turned the tide, but it didn't help.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watching the TV replay and I'm with Coach Dawn.

2019 Draft, Dream HQ has gotta go BGA.

(Best Gamecock Available) Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 08/08/18 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BamaEd wrote:
By the way, did anyone ever figure out the what/why of the LV Bench technical? Bob and LaChina said it was Asst. GM/Strength Coach Laura Ramus who did it. But did nobody else see that she was leaving the bench to head to the referee? It was still a close game at that time too. Not saying THAT turned the tide, but it didn't help.

I just saw it on the replay. It was a well deserved tech. Ghod knows what she was thinking.

PostPosted: 08/08/18 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
BamaEd wrote:

I just saw it on the replay. It was a well deserved tech. Ghod knows what she was thinking.

After watching multiple times my only assumption would be that maybe if you rewind about 10 seconds earlier you see E. Will getting subbed back in while ATL got the defensive rebound and as shes running to the scorers table she actually runs on the floor as if she could have been a 6th player on the floor for ATL. It was literally for maybe 2 seconds and she ran back off possibly to get around Coach collen. Thats my assumption though she was trying to explain herself to Bill on the bench but the cam kept turning to where i couldn't read her lips. But boooy did she look embarassed .

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: