61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/06/18 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
I'm truly shocked that Taurasi did not argue that last foul call

She can’t. If she gets a tech she’ll miss the next game.

I thought if she gets 2 more shes suspended or has she gotten 1 since her last suspension ?

PostPosted: 08/06/18 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

I thought if she gets 2 more shes suspended or has she gotten 1 since her last suspension ?

I believe she got one against the Aces, so...

Honestly, that’s probably why she fouled out in the first place. Frustrated and knows she can’t chew anyone out, so..here comes the fouls. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/18 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

I believe she got one against the Aces, so...

Honestly, that’s probably why she fouled out in the first place. Frustrated and knows she can’t chew anyone out, so..here comes the fouls. Laughing

DT at her finest Laughing

PostPosted: 08/06/18 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Not too bad an effort considering Dee was below her usual level.
But still an L. So that's 2-8 in our last 10 games. Yuck. That's worse than the Fever.

We’ve had some close losses, and it was a tough part of our schedule..and I expected a bump in the road with Sancho out...but...ouch.

If you think about it, Sancho elevated us to a consistent Championship Caliber team

Now, we are back to how we were last year, 18-16 and dangerous (though we may have a better record than that, this year. )but the bench is significantly worse.

Why did we get rid of Mo curry? Can we negotiate for her next season and get rid of Camille? Hell, bring Pree back

I find it interesting that Pho has a better road record, considering the fact that that helped them make a deep Playoff run. Some of it is due to not having many home games but 5-7 is not good.

However, there are 5 games eft to be played at home.

Also, maybe DT and Bonner get a full nights sleep on the road. Laughing

Yeah, Sancho was the difference between us being in the middle of the pack, and the number one team. It’s really too bad. We desperately need a quality PF.

Bench isn’t worse, we play the wrong players. But we go through this every game. It would be interesting to know what our record would be if Talbot had been starting the whole time.

We’ve got some easy home games, and we just have to take care of it. Atlanta is in the drivers seat, but i think Phoenix would get third if they won out.

What am I missing here? I’ve not seen anything from Talbot to suggest starting her (and I’m assuming playing her starter minutes) would be a positive difference maker. Maybe I just catch her on bad days though.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/06/18 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:

What am I missing here? I’ve not seen anything from Talbot to suggest starting her (and I’m assuming playing her starter minutes) would be a positive difference maker. Maybe I just catch her on bad days though.

You must have missed when got Taurasi got ejected and when she took a day off. Talbot filled in nicely. Arguably a better presence on the floor than Little or Robinson. I suspect Bonner is playing PF under that scenario.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/06/18 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
miller40 wrote:

You must have missed when got Taurasi got ejected and when she took a day off. Talbot filled in nicely. Arguably a better presence on the floor than Little or Robinson. I suspect Bonner is playing PF under that scenario.

I’m still not convinced that Robinson wouldn’t be the better choice, but Talbot is a significant upgrade from Little.

I just want defense and rebounding out of that last spot. Talbot has grabbed more offensive rebounds than Little has grabbed rebounds. (A lot more) with about equal of time. (Little does this thing, at least once a game, where the ball bounces off her hands, in what should be an easy rebound..and it goes to the other team.)

Talbot’s defense was also exceptional, and she played both Gray and Parker. Even though Gray killed us at the end, she just beat great defense. Nothing more Talbot could do.

I’d like to get Little out of the lineup entirely, and give Robinson and Turner her minutes..but it won’t happen, so her returning to her previous role is the best we’re gonna get.

I think the Merc will improve s lot once they really gel with Talbot in the lineup.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: