The Closer strikes again!!!!

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We just got Closed

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course nobody can guard Gray.

Really good game though

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh wow ... really dumb foul. If Gray is The Closer, then maybe Sims should be called The Opener

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/05/18 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sims........... Rolling Eyes why are you reaching?

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i dont mean to be rude. but, this has been a tough game to listen to.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not too bad an effort considering Dee was below her usual level.
But still an L. So that's 2-8 in our last 10 games. Yuck. That's worse than the Fever.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Oh wow ... really dumb foul. If Gray is The Closer, then maybe Sims should be called The Opener

There is no better teacher than a screw up in a live game. Odyssey will know not to screw around moving forward . . . especially in the playoffs!

By the way, Atlanta spanked Minny 86-66; so the Dream retains their 1 game lead over the team from LaLa. If you want something done right, ya have to do it your own damn self! LA is gonna have to beat the Liberty next Wednesday night, then defeat the Atlanta Roadrunners the following night---a very tall order!!! Assuming the Dream continues winning up to Thursday night, a win by the Sparks would allow them to equal the Dream's record and give them the tiebreaker edge over Atlanta.

Last edited by jap on 08/05/18 8:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
toad455

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
i dont mean to be rude. but, this has been a tough game to listen to.

Was this Chantelle Anderson's first time doing a broadcast? She seemed, ummmm, off.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Last shot probably should have gone to Mitch or January?

One of the worst games I’ve ever seen DT play. Only redeeming aspect was she managed not to get a T. (A near miracle.) a mediocre game by DT and we win today. Beard is just DT’s kryptonite.

We need to not play Camille Little. But I do want to formerly apologize to Talbot. She’s not a good “put in for a few minutes of energy” kind of player, but she does compliment the starters well.

Sparks are certainly beatable..but Chelsea Gray is something. CT apparently likes to give franchise level PGs away.

Phoenix really needs to take care of home court, and get as high of a seed as possible. Atlanta is really starting to pull away for the second, and I thought this game was huge. (Still think so..) but closing out at home with games against Indie and NY remaining should help. A five game win streak isn’t impossible.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
But still an L. So that's 2-8 in our last 10 games. Yuck. That's worse than the Fever.

We’ve had some close losses, and it was a tough part of our schedule..and I expected a bump in the road with Sancho out...but...ouch.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there is a player who draws more offensive fouls than Chelsea Gray i would like to know who it is. This is the second key player she has fouled out of a game with multiple offensive foul calls in the last couple of weeks.

Vadeeva also did a good job on defense against Griner while she was in. Griner is one player she knows well, being that she plays against her in the Russian league.

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me or are the Los Angeles broadcasters pretty terrible? Confused Great game though.

Last edited by bryan_february_ on 08/05/18 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 08/05/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Parker needs two more assists for a triple-double.

I hope they are paying attention so she can get it. Let's get the dub and the triple dub! Thanks! Laughing

I honestly doubt triple doubles are a top priority for CP3. She just takes what the defense gives her.

Absolutely agreed! For posterity's sake, I'd like to see her have multiple bc she has consistently filled up the stat sheet like no other throughout her career. Glad they got the W!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
toad455 wrote:

I hope they are paying attention so she can get it. Let's get the dub and the triple dub! Thanks! Laughing

I honestly doubt triple doubles are a top priority for CP3. She just takes what the defense gives her.

For posterity's sake, I'd like to see her have multiple bc she has consistently filled up the stat sheet like no other throughout her career.

For posterizerity's sake, I'd still like to see her dunk on someone too.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

We’ve had some close losses, and it was a tough part of our schedule..and I expected a bump in the road with Sancho out...but...ouch.

If you think about it, Sancho elevated us to a consistent Championship Caliber team

Now, we are back to how we were last year, 18-16 and dangerous (though we may have a better record than that, this year. )but the bench is significantly worse.

Why did we get rid of Mo curry? Can we negotiate for her next season and get rid of Camille? Hell, bring Pree back

I find it interesting that Pho has a better road record, considering the fact that that helped them make a deep Playoff run. Some of it is due to not having many home games but 5-7 is not good.

However, there are 5 games eft to be played at home.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Absolutely agreed! For posterity's sake, I'd like to see her have multiple bc she has consistently filled up the stat sheet like no other throughout her career. Glad they got the W!

Hell, yeah! I have been tracking her triple double flirtations from since her rookie season in 2008. If they kept a record for the most near triple doubles, she would undoubtedly have it signed, sealed, & delivered!

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
jap wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
toad455 wrote:

For posterity's sake, I'd like to see her have multiple bc she has consistently filled up the stat sheet like no other throughout her career.

For posterizerity's sake, I'd still like to see her dunk on someone too.

I would love to see her dunk on Britt, Hollywood Liz, and Big Bad Syl!, but it probably never happens in a live regular season|playoff game.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

If you think about it, Sancho elevated us to a consistent Championship Caliber team

Now, we are back to how we were last year, 18-16 and dangerous (though we may have a better record than that, this year. )but the bench is significantly worse.

Why did we get rid of Mo curry? Can we negotiate for her next season and get rid of Camille? Hell, bring Pree back

I find it interesting that Pho has a better road record, considering the fact that that helped them make a deep Playoff run. Some of it is due to not having many home games but 5-7 is not good.

Also, maybe DT and Bonner get a full nights sleep on the road. Laughing

Yeah, Sancho was the difference between us being in the middle of the pack, and the number one team. It’s really too bad. We desperately need a quality PF.

Bench isn’t worse, we play the wrong players. But we go through this every game. It would be interesting to know what our record would be if Talbot had been starting the whole time.

We’ve got some easy home games, and we just have to take care of it. Atlanta is in the drivers seat, but i think Phoenix would get third if they won out.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
SCook wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Also, maybe DT and Bonner get a full nights sleep on the road. Laughing

Yeah, Sancho was the difference between us being in the middle of the pack, and the number one team. It’s really too bad. We desperately need a quality PF.

Bench isn’t worse, we play the wrong players. But we go through this every game. It would be interesting to know what our record would be if Talbot had been starting the whole time.

We’ve got some easy home games, and we just have to take care of it. Atlanta is in the drivers seat, but i think Phoenix would get third if they won out.

Haha ... I'm sure there's merit in your road-sleep theory. Pretty sure it's also just a timing thing - that we were playing a lot of road games when we were at full strength and rolling.
That's the domino effect when you don't have a deep team. The Mercury really were looking legit, but the loss of one piece has had huge consequences.

PostPosted: 08/05/18 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
Is it just me or are the Los Angeles broadcasters pretty terrible? Confused Great game though.

Moreso than usual. There was no play-by-play this game really, just two color analysts bouncing thoughts off of each other. They had no chemistry and there was a ton of dead air during the broadcast.

It just sucks because there are a lot - and I mean A LOT - of qualified people out there who I know the WNBA could hire if they made an effort. Instead we get stuck with broadcasts like today's because, hey, former athletes and coaches!

Meanwhile the TCU coach who does Wings commentary said the Aces should have played the other day because "it's not like they were storming the beaches of Normandy." Fucking really?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/05/18 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Meanwhile the TCU coach who does Wings commentary said the Aces should have played the other day because "it's not like they were storming the beaches of Normandy." Fucking really?

Confused

So if they were storming the beaches at Normandy it would have been OK for them to opt out?

PostPosted: 08/06/18 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Moreso than usual. There was no play-by-play this game really, just two color analysts bouncing thoughts off of each other. They had no chemistry and there was a ton of dead air during the broadcast.

It just sucks because there are a lot - and I mean A LOT - of qualified people out there who I know the WNBA could hire if they made an effort. Instead we get stuck with broadcasts like today's because, hey, former athletes and coaches!

I actually thought it was better than they usually have. Maybe it was all the dead air. Very Happy That was better than Mary's usual incessant babble. And much better than the idiot that calls her "Mare" every other sentence.

- Amanda Gorman
tfan

PostPosted: 08/06/18 12:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

Confused

So if they were storming the beaches at Normandy it would have been OK for them to opt out?

They should have to play a WNBA game an hour after storming the beach at Normandy?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: