RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Trump & Sympathetic Audience Control
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 07/30/18 7:26 am    ::: Trump & Sympathetic Audience Control Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Trump is not mentally ill, and I doubt that he is even “living in his own reality,” as so many have claimed. He is simply fairly unique in a way that is hard for the public to understand. In a nutshell, Trump is highly vulnerable to what can reasonably be called “sympathetic audience control.”

Quote:
All normal people are subject to “audience control” to one degree or another. That means simply that they regulate what they say and do based on who’s around them.

Quote:
If I’m right, and I’m pretty sure I am, Trump is capable of only a minimal level of analytical or critical thinking. Perhaps more alarming, our president — the putative leader of the free world — doesn’t believe in anything and he rarely, if ever, means anything he says. The impulsive tweets, the conservative court appointments, the unfunded tax cuts, the obsession with a wall, the swipes at immigrants — all are byproducts (dross, if you will) of sympathetic audience control operating in small time windows. There are no principles operating here, just gusts of wind.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/07/30/trump-lies-reversals-rudderless-unprincipled-leader-psychologist-column/848728002/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/30/18 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What a shock! Laughing

What bothers me more than what he is inclined to spout is that there are people willing to give him the feedback he craves. In large numbers, no less.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/30/18 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
What a shock! Laughing

What bothers me more than what he is inclined to spout is that there are people willing to give him the feedback he craves. In large numbers, no less.

At least those numbers are shrinking.

PostPosted: 07/30/18 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
What a shock! Laughing

PostPosted: 07/30/18 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know the author refutes the idea of "mental illness", but in this portion....
Quote:
Not only do his views shift, he also has no trouble denying, entirely without guile, in my view, what he said yesterday. All that’s shiny and real to him is what friends or foes are saying inside those small time windows. Everything else is fuzzy, and that’s why he can so easily tell so many lies. From his perspective, lying has no meaning. Only reacting has meaning. Trump reacts.

....I'd say there's a definite pathology in play, when one cannot fathom his own lying.

PostPosted: 07/31/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
Howee wrote:
What a shock! Laughing

x_____________

PostPosted: 07/31/18 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
What a shock! Laughing

He tells people what they want to hear. Many people like that sort of thing.

Of course all politicians do that to an extent. They'll talk about a "net spending cut" or "no new taxes" then do the opposite in office. Trump is the apotheosis of this. His public utterances mean absolutely nothing.

PostPosted: 07/31/18 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
What a shock! Laughing

He tells people what they want to hear. Many people like that sort of thing.

Of course all politicians do that to an extent. They'll talk about a "net spending cut" or "no new taxes" then do the opposite in office. Trump is the apotheosis of this. His public utterances mean absolutely nothing.

Yes. I should have added that note: BY NOW, you'd think they'd have seen the Emperor is NOT wearing new clothes. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/31/18 10:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.lawfareblog.com/justice-department-finds-no-responsive-records-support-trump-speech

Quote:
It isn’t every day that the Department of Justice acknowledges formally that the president of the United States lied in a speech to Congress

#NATC

PostPosted: 07/31/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Quote:
It isn’t every day that the Department of Justice acknowledges formally that the president of the United States lied in a speech to Congress

Only because he doesn't speak to congress daily.

PostPosted: 08/01/18 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee

PostPosted: 08/01/18 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.lawfareblog.com/justice-department-finds-no-responsive-records-support-trump-speech

Quote:

I wonder if we'll ever see THIS in the Fucktard's regime. Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 08/01/18 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:

You'd almost think intelligence wasn't the determining factor in becoming those things

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/01/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know who W Kelley Lucas is, but with logic like that it's easy to see why they might think they're dumber than Trump.

PostPosted: 08/02/18 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I don't know who W Kelley Lucas is, but with logic like that it's easy to see why they might think they're dumber than Trump.

When it comes to politics, people will listen to anyone who says what they want to hear. W Kelley Lucas isn't even well known enough to have a wikipedia entry.

PostPosted: 08/02/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to see Chump's taxes before declaring him a billionaire.

He inherited his wealth.

The legitimacy of the election is doubtful, and Clinton beat him by nearly 3,000,000 in the popular vote.

"Throwing a tantrum"?

Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/18 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

When it comes to politics, people will listen to anyone who says what they want to hear. W Kelley Lucas isn't even well known enough to have a wikipedia entry.

I'd think this person is most likely a Pen Name Trump invented so it doesn't appear ALL the idiocy is coming from him alone. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/18 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

You don't need a Wikipedia entry to observe that a bunch of know-nothing idiots sit behind their computer and think they're brilliant. I've never heard of this guy myself. You don't have to be famous to point out what everyone else outside of your protective bubble is already thinking.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 08/02/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
He inherited his wealth.

He was worth $200 million in 1982 alone, so he's doing something you're obviously not doing, which is being successful.

cthskzfn wrote:
The legitimacy of the election is doubtful, and Clinton beat him by nearly 3,000,000 in the popular vote.

To who, the Hillary worshipers and the rest of the morons who don't understand how elections work in this country?

cthskzfn wrote:
"Throwing a tantrum"?

Laughing

Yes, like the ones you throw on a regular basis on this site.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/02/18 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

You don't need a Wikipedia entry to observe that a bunch of know-nothing idiots sit behind their computer and think they're brilliant.

Especially when you're one of them.

One of us, one of us, we accept you one of us. Google Gobble, Google Gobble, we accept you, one of us

Quote:
I've never heard of this guy myself. You don't have to be famous to point out what everyone else outside of your protective bubble is already thinking.

I think you have inside and outside mixed up.

What leads you to believe Kelley is a guy?

PostPosted: 08/02/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

You don't need a Wikipedia entry to observe that a bunch of know-nothing idiots sit behind their computer and think they're brilliant.

Coming from a broke charleton who spends all their time during the workday posting on a web forum and thinks you need a Wikipedia entry to make a valid point in life that most people (who are more successful than you) agree with.

pilight wrote:
I think you have inside and outside mixed up.
No I got it right. YOU have it wrong.

pilight wrote:
What leads you to believe Kelley is a guy?

Could be a woman. Doesn't really change the fact that what was said true.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 08/02/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
He inherited his wealth.

He was worth $200 million in 1982 alone, so he's doing something you're obviously not doing, which is being successful.

cthskzfn wrote:

To who, the Hillary worshipers and the rest of the morons who don't understand how elections work in this country?

cthskzfn wrote:
"Throwing a tantrum"?

Laughing

Yes, like the ones you throw on a regular basis on this site.

I never expect you to be very accurate, and once again you didn't disappoint.

Carry on! (love is coming)

Laughing

PostPosted: 08/02/18 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:

Coming from a broke charleton who spends all their time during the workday posting on a web forum and thinks you need a Wikipedia entry to make a valid point in life that most people (who are more successful than you) agree with.

I don't know what a "charelton" is, but generally when someone attributes a quote it's supposed to lend authority. When it's attributed to someone that nobody has heard of, it's sorta pointless. But of course you didn't put that much thought into it. You just copied and pasted, as is the wont of internet trolls.

I do like how you avoided my original point, that intellect isn't the determining factor in becoming rich.

As long as you believe success=money, you'll always be disappointed with your life.

PostPosted: 08/02/18 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't know what a "charelton" is, but generally when someone attributes a quote it's supposed to lend authority. When it's attributed to someone that nobody has heard of, it's sorta pointless.

Not really... and it's "charleton" btw

pilight wrote:
I do like how you avoided my original point, that intellect isn't the determining factor in becoming rich.

That's because I wasn't arguing it. But if you've been dead broke all your life then you must not be THAT smart.

pilight wrote:
As long as you believe success=money, you'll always be disappointed with your life.

Don't project your happiness (or lack thereof) on me... I am quite pleased with my life Cool

pilight

PostPosted: 08/02/18 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
pilight wrote:
I don't know what a "charelton" is, but generally when someone attributes a quote it's supposed to lend authority. When it's attributed to someone that nobody has heard of, it's sorta pointless.

Not really... and it's "charleton" btw

Which is still not a word. Perhaps you should use some that money you make to invest in a phone that has autocorrect, or at least a spell checker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: