RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/14/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IMKRNrQgnX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 06/16/19 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ted, Ted, TED!!

We certainly can try to believe he's had a CTJ*/AOC moment, but....given his past proclivities for a snake oil fetish, it strikes the pessimist in me as an attempt to steal some glitter for himself from a rising star.

I'd be far more impressed if I heard him vocalize some real dissent AGAINST Trump policies, and the general dickishness of Republicans in congress.

*Come To Jaezus

PostPosted: 06/17/19 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades

PostPosted: 06/19/19 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5VQ41oLiog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/19 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/71E0RJWDgpQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zK1bFTfdwUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 06/28/19 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jun/27/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-dodges-on-clinton-obama-e/

Quote:
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t want to talk about the existence of “concentration camps” under former presidents Bill Clinton or Barack Obama.

The New York Democrat was asked on Thursday by CNN’s Jake Tapper about her rhetoric surrounding detention facilities for illegal immigrants along the U.S. border with Mexico, and if she’s been consistent over the years.

Mr. Tapper took issue with the way she blurred her audience’s understanding as it pertains to colloquial and academic understandings of the term.

“When you retweeted a story from Esquire magazine discussing all this, talking about the academic definition versus the definition that most people think of — the colloquial definition that doesn’t mean the concentration camp but just a concentration of individuals, but a Nazi death camp,” Mr. Tapper said. “One of the points that was made in that very story was that using that very definition, there were also ‘concentration camps’ under Obama and under Bill Clinton. That is in the story that you retweeted. So, did you call them concentration camps at the time when Obama was president?”

“Well, at the time, I was working in a restaurant,” she replied.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xMPyXRNLrDw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 06/29/19 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm astonished at the amount of air time this immature airhead gets on both left wing and right wing media. She seems almost completely ignorant or ill-informed on history, science, economics, business, immigration, foreign policy and common sense -- yet has been brilliantly successful, almost by default and without trying, in our current political theater of the absurd.

On the other hand, as a former bartender and waiter myself, and as a former resident of New York City as well as Westchester County like AOC, I partially identify with her. If she can get re-elected and educate herself before she fatally beclowns herself, she could become a serious political force in ten years.
Howee

PostPosted: 06/29/19 2:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With just a few edits, your paragraph reminds me of another Actor in the Theater of the Absurd:

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm astonished at the amount of air time this immature airhead gets on both left wing and right wing media. Donald Trump seems almost completely ignorant or ill-informed on history, science, economics, business, immigration, foreign policy and common sense -- yet has been brilliantly successful, almost by default and without trying, in our current political theater of the absurd.

Unlike Trump, AOC is NOT completely ignorant of such things as history, science or economics, despite your slanderous opinion....at the tender age of 30, she can run circles around him intellectually. ANDDD....she's not a known pussy-grabber nor rapist who cozies up to foreign dictators and lies habitually. GOTTA love those advantages she has on him.

PostPosted: 06/29/19 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm astonished at the amount of air time this immature airhead gets on both left wing and right wing media. She seems almost completely ignorant or ill-informed on history, science, economics, business, immigration, foreign policy and common sense -- yet has been brilliantly successful, almost by default and without trying, in our current political theater of the absurd.

On the other hand, as a former bartender and waiter myself, and as a former resident of New York City as well as Westchester County like AOC, I partially identify with her. If she can get re-elected and educate herself before she fatally beclowns herself, she could become a serious political force in ten years.

Keep on underestimating her. She LOVES it!!! Laughing Don't look now, but I think someone's fear is showing.

Quote:
Responding to fresh criticism from President Donald Trump Tuesday evening that her Green New Deal climate change proposal was "done by a young bartender," Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez told Newsweek Wednesday that the "last guy who underestimated me lost."

https://www.newsweek.com/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-donald-trump-1385244

BTW, I think she is already a serious political force. I only wish I could vote for her. We need some new thinking, new ideas in Washington. It's obvious the old thinking, old ideas aren't working so well.

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 06/29/19 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LOVE IT!!!!!! AOC & USWMNT!!!! Wish I could be there!!!!!!

Quote:
After the team's 2-1 win against France in the quarterfinals on Friday, the freshman Congresswoman tweeted: "It may not be the White House, but we’d be happy to welcome @mPinoe & the entire #USWMNT for a tour of the House of Representatives anytime they’d like."

Rapinoe, who scored both goals Friday, responded to Ocasio-Cortez's offer in the affirmative: "Consider it done @AOC"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/worldcup/2019/06/29/world-cup-2019-aoc-invites-uswnt-house-representatives/1604852001/

"“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd." --Nikki Haley
Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/19 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez met Greta Thunberg: 'Hope is contagious'
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jun/29/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-met-greta-thunberg-hope-contagious-climate?CMP=share_btn_tw

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 07/01/19 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I hope they continue the overexposure and allow her to continue weighing in on whatever it is she thinks she's an expert on. Her words may resonate with the extreme and the completely ignorant, but those who aren't on that side of the aisle are seeing her level of incompetence. They are seeing her constant need for attention by going on TV wherever and whenever possible. All while accomplishing nothing. Unless you consider blocking a major corporation from bringing jobs and economic windfall to your constituents to be an accomplishment.

I hope she keeps doing what she's doing. In fact, I hope she doubles down.

I do realize that her constituents love her. I work in Manhattan, and I hear all the young kids in their 20s talk about how she's the smartest woman to ever exist (Yes, I am aware than Manhattan is not her district). That being said, she's probably in there for life. But she's a gift to President Trump's re-election campaign.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/01/19 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.propublica.org/article/secret-border-patrol-facebook-group-agents-joke-about-migrant-deaths-post-sexist-memes

Quote:
Members of a secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol agents joked about the deaths of migrants, discussed throwing burritos at Latino members of Congress visiting a detention facility in Texas on Monday and posted a vulgar illustration depicting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant

PostPosted: 07/01/19 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://www.propublica.org/article/secret-border-patrol-facebook-group-agents-joke-about-migrant-deaths-post-sexist-memes

Quote:
Members of a secret Facebook group for current and former Border Patrol agents joked about the deaths of migrants, discussed throwing burritos at Latino members of Congress visiting a detention facility in Texas on Monday and posted a vulgar illustration depicting Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez engaged in oral sex with a detained migrant

Ahhhh, The Deplorables. They're everywhere these days, and sticking their slimy antennae out from under their rocks, and onto social media. Razz

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/02/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 07/05/19 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7yitbG3AivA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 07/12/19 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

House Dem blasts 'juvenile' Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff: 'Ignorance is beyond belief'

Quote:
Rep. William Lacy Clay, D-Mo., added to the mounting Democratic criticism of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., slamming her "inappropriate" suggestion that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., is singling out the New Yorker and her "squad" of fellow freshman because of their race.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 07/12/19 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee

PostPosted: 07/12/19 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Well, here's our chance to find out!

The one on the right LOOKS like Sean, too! Laughing

PostPosted: 07/12/19 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Well, here's our chance to find out!

The one on the right LOOKS like Sean, too! Laughing

Haha, that's interesting, but I don't think I'd watch. To me, AOC is very uneducated and ignorant on many important matters, but is inherently bright and creative. Hannity isn't very bright, but is very knowledgeable about most political and cultural issues. Both repeat talking points -- tediously -- and both are easy to cartoon.

I'd like to hear Kamala Harris vs. Josh Hawley, Ben Shapiro or Dinesh D'Souza.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/14/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AOC needs to fire the Justice Democrat’s on her staff, before they ruin her career before it starts.

She’s got some good ideas, and I honestly think she has great intentions. But she’s following the crowd that does nothing but whines all the time (and inevitably causes more harm than good.) . I have to think that’s not what she wants for her political career.

That being said. Fuck Donald and his racist attacks on members of the United States Congress. Not shocking in the slightest, though.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 07/14/19 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/14/19 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:

Exactly how Trumpsters like it.

"We'll show em".

PostPosted: 07/14/19 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
AOC needs to fire the Justice Democrat’s on her staff, before they ruin her career before it starts.

She’s got some good ideas, and I honestly think she has great intentions. But she’s following the crowd that does nothing but whines all the time (and inevitably causes more harm than good.) . I have to think that’s not what she wants for her political career.

Agreed on all points. It's a great cautionary tale on just how quickly power corrupts rational thinking: in this case, just cuz your boss (AOC) is hugely popular, that doesn't entitle YOU to make a buzz around YOUR name by stating things willy-nilly on your random tweets. SHE was elected, not her staff. That's a very dangerous precedent.

AOC is poised to make monumental changes for the positive, but as bright as she may be, I hope it also includes an understanding of how certain political power parameters need to be observed in the process.

PostPosted: 07/14/19 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Agreed on all points. It's a great cautionary tale on just how quickly power corrupts rational thinking: in this case, just cuz your boss (AOC) is hugely popular, that doesn't entitle YOU to make a buzz around YOUR name by stating things willy-nilly on your random tweets. SHE was elected, not her staff. That's a very dangerous precedent.

AOC is poised to make monumental changes for the positive, but as bright as she may be, I hope it also includes an understanding of how certain political power parameters need to be observed in the process.

Yup, and an understanding of how legislation works. It doesn’t matter how morally right you are, you need the votes. She took what Nancy said as an insult..but bottom line was, she only had 4 votes. You don’t get your way with four votes.

It’s why Bernie’s “purity” isn’t impressive. It just means he doesn’t do his job well. She wants to make change she needs to convince people.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: