Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

TRP shouldn't have a job this season

Aladyyn wrote:

Also good job on the "etc." after you named the 3 good SFs in this league. TRP can guard the vast majority of SFs just fine and very few teams have actual offensive threats on both wing positions.

Defense is not the issue with TRP.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least we have a trade. Nothing splashy, but it's a trade. No surprise Dallas dumped Powers with Stevens and Thornton at SF. makes you wonder if they'll keep Christmas next year? Hill backs up Gray at SG. This also pushes Davis further down the bench.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Yeah,but you did a complete 180 on TRP.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Yeah,but you did a complete 180 on TRP.

Circumstances changed, she's been clearly eclipsed by other Mystics players, and there simply isn't a good role for her on the roster now.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
If she doesn't play TEAM ball she could be getting less minutes than she did at Dallas.

Hill and Powers are similar enough players and Thibault has always loved Hill. Won't be an issue.

Powers played PF in college. She’d more likely be scrappin’ for rebounds even though she does seem more perimeter oriented as a pro. Hill has never played anything other than SG, although she has a little-used ability to facilitate. I wonder if Fred is thinking about using Hill as a backup PG. Seems like kind of an odd trade for Dallas, except they probably still love Christmas for next year, and WAS was willing to give up so much for Powers. The extras might end up being table scraps for Dallas, but you never know. Gather up all your table scraps and maybe you can make a meal out of it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man...Powers is only 24 years old..and has played less than 2 seasons worth of games(59)...I don't like the idea of giving up on that young of a talent so soon.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/23/18 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Nixtreefan wrote:
If she doesn't play TEAM ball she could be getting less minutes than she did at Dallas.

Hill and Powers are similar enough players and Thibault has always loved Hill. Won't be an issue.

Powers played PF in college. She’d more likely be scrappin’ for rebounds even though she does seem more perimeter oriented as a pro. Hill has never played anything other than SG, although she has a little-used ability to facilitate. I wonder if Fred is thinking about using Hill as a backup PG. Seems like kind of an odd trade for Dallas, except they probably still love Christmas for next year, and WAS was willing to give up so much for Powers. The extras might end up being table scraps for Dallas, but you never know. Gather up all your table scraps and maybe you can make a meal out of it.

Powers would most likely eat the scraps and the meal all by herself Laughing Laughing Not saying she wanted out but not saying she was on her best behavior while she was here . There's an incident or 2 that could have been avoided on her part but oh well Welcome T Hill .

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When/if Hill gets back to 100%, Dallas wins. I'm surprised Washington had to give up the extras as it stands now. Maybe a 2nd round pick, but swapping 1st rounders seems like too much. We'll see how it all comes down. Yeah, Powers will have to drastically change her mindset to play for T.

- Amanda Gorman
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
When/if Hill gets back to 100%, Dallas wins. I'm surprised Washington had to give up the extras as it stands now. Maybe a 2nd round pick, but swapping 1st rounders seems like too much. We'll see how it all comes down. Yeah, Powers will have to drastically change her mindset to play for T.

Unfortunately even if she gets back to 100% she probably wouldn't get back into the starting lineup in Washington. Dallas is a good fit for her.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Man...Powers is only 24 years old..and has played less than 2 seasons worth of games(59)...I don't like the idea of giving up on that young of a talent so soon.

The reasons for the trade were probably not basketball-related...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

The reasons for the trade were probably not basketball-related...

Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Still wondering if Phoenix works out a trade to acquire a PF?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Someone take Kaela Davis off our hands as well .

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I figure they'll wait until their cap situation allows it and then sign someone like Mistie Bass. I'm not sure who they could get right now who'd meaningfully improve their situation via a sensible trade. Kiah Stokes? What are they going to give up that New York would want? And is she that much better than the Little/Robinson/Gulich/bit-of-Bonner platter that they're already going with?

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Powers for Hill seems like a big basket of meh to me. Two teams shifting around spare parts.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve been all for the wings moving on from Power when Cambage came back, just didn’t see enough balls around. Hill is a ok player, but I think the wings should have went for Sykes or Williams, they could use a guard who will try and play some D starting next to Diggins-Smith in the back court, Stevens has been good and could be the starting small forward next year, but a player like Nurse who has size and defense wouldn’t have been a bad pick up, she could very well be starting for the wings over Gray right now.
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I’ve been all for the wings moving on from Power when Cambage came back, just didn’t see enough balls around. Hill is a ok player, but I think the wings should have went for Sykes or Williams, they could use a guard who will try and play some D starting next to Diggins-Smith in the back court, Stevens has been good and could be the starting small forward next year, but a player like Nurse who has size and defense wouldn’t have been a bad pick up, she could very well be starting for the wings over Gray right now.

No Thanks

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am recalling now that Diggins and Hill seemed to have become good friends during the 2013 draft camp.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I am recalling now that Diggins and Hill seemed to have become good friends during the 2013 draft camp.

Hill had less to do with the move than Powers.

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystic fans need to get "over The Hill" and begin to focus on "the Powers that be".

willtalk

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mystic fans need to get "over The Hill" and focus on "the Powers that be".

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was bit surprized to read this re Powers. I thought she was rather good and the team seemed to praise her. Granted, Thornton has really been doing a great job but I never thought they would trade Powers. I have watched both Powers and Hill and Hill doesn't seem to be doing great as she is not totally back from her injury. I will miss seeing Powers with the Wings but hope both she and Hill do well in the future.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
I was bit surprized to read this re Powers. I thought she was rather good and the team seemed to praise her. Granted, Thornton has really been doing a great job but I never thought they would trade Powers. I have watched both Powers and Hill and Hill doesn't seem to be doing great as she is not totally back from her injury. I will miss seeing Powers with the Wings but hope both she and Hill do well in the future.

Laughing Laughing bballgrl no offense from your fellow #WFFL but , what teammates were you watching ? Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
Mystic fans need to get "over The Hill" and begin to focus on "the Powers that be".

Cute. I like that. Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: