RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Where Are They Now? - Betty Lennox

View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/20/18 9:45 am    ::: Where Are They Now? - Betty Lennox Reply Reply with quote

http://spokesman-recorder.com/2018/07/13/lennox-a-stand-out-lynx-rookie-in-2001-calls-the-team-my-first-home/

Quote:
...Now 42, she is the women’s basketball coach at Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley in Kansas City, Missouri.

Interesting that Betty would say this...
Quote:
"I want to thank Brian Agler [now in Los Angeles] for believing in me," Lennox said. She also thanked the late Anne Donovan (who died last month) who coached her in Seattle. "I am just grateful I was a part of a lot of legacies like hers and Brian Agler’s," she added.

Seems to me that I remember Agler traded Lennox away after Betty called him a "liar and a con artist". But I guess time heals all wounds, or at least, most of them anyway. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:05 am    ::: Re: Where Are They Now? - Betty Lennox Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
http://spokesman-recorder.com/2018/07/13/lennox-a-stand-out-lynx-rookie-in-2001-calls-the-team-my-first-home/

Quote:
...Now 42, she is the women’s basketball coach at Metropolitan Community College-Penn Valley in Kansas City, Missouri.

Quote:
"I want to thank Brian Agler [now in Los Angeles] for believing in me," Lennox said. She also thanked the late Anne Donovan (who died last month) who coached her in Seattle. "I am just grateful I was a part of a lot of legacies like hers and Brian Agler’s," she added.

Seems to me that I remember Agler traded Lennox away after Betty called him a "liar and a con artist". But I guess time heals all wounds, or at least, most of them anyway. Rolling Eyes

Wasn’t she the one who spearheaded Donovans termination in Seattle too? She sounds a bit two-faced for me.

lethalweapon3

PostPosted: 07/20/18 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Can't shoot it from the bench!"

Go, B-Money!

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Almost forgot to mention that Lennox doesn’t refer to herself in the third person anymore! Smile

PostPosted: 07/20/18 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In 2016, former WNBA player Simone Edwards interviewed Betty. Simone was Betty's teammate with the 2004 WNBA Champion Seattle Storm.

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2016/06/24/lifeafterwnba-where-are-they-now-simone-edwards-interviews-betty-lennox/

Quote:
Q: What's been your biggest "aha moment" from your time in the sport?

Lennox: My biggest "aha moment" from my time in the sport is that I felt that the league did not market all the players like they should have, that had the same status as others players in the league.

It was true in Betty's playing days, and it is still true. Unfortunately, even more so nowadays. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:29 pm    ::: Re: Where Are They Now? - Betty Lennox Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
StevenHW wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wasn’t she the one who spearheaded Donovans termination in Seattle too? She sounds a bit two-faced for me.

Or she has grown and changed.

It seems to me that we all are too quick to jump on people for their past mistakes. We all say and do dumb things. We are all growing and changing every day. I have seen several articles pillorying pro athletes who said racist or homophobic or sexist things on social media many years ago when they were students. These articles seem nuts to me. Kids, in particular, say truly moronic things for truly moronic reasons that turn out to have nothing to do with the adult they become.

Perhaps Lennox has learned that being a coach is hard, and this insight has given her a new appreciation of past coaches.

PostPosted: 07/23/18 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to hear of ex-players succeeding in the 'real' world as coaches...or anything else. Good for her.

- Amanda Gorman
MNfan22

PostPosted: 07/23/18 7:02 pm    ::: Re: Where Are They Now? - Betty Lennox Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, she said that "after" being traded not prior to. So her feelings of betrayal were felt by Lynx fans too considering 48hrs prior, Agler was quoted in the paper saying he wasn't looking to trade her. She was very much loved in Minnesota, subsequently Agler wasn't Laughing That was the last straw and he got the boot not too long after.

She got somewhat of a bad rap as she went through a lot following the trade. Doubts of her every getting healthy after being traded to Miami & then they folded. Then got picked up by Cleveland and after 1 season they folded, it had to be a rough time for her. I think she lost a sibling at some point along the way? So finding a welcome home in Seattle and winning a title, I was happy for her. Glad she's grown and giving back to the game.

PostPosted: 07/23/18 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats B - Money !!!!! Im sure their wont be any kind words for some past teammates from her lol

PostPosted: 07/24/18 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as a fan, was there ever a better game than the 2004 WNBA Championship? BMoney & NSales putting up competing baskets one after another? it was like a pickup game & it was exciting as hell. and Betty was the MVP! it was pandemonium at the Key.

I always liked Betty, she was fan friendly & I thought just a genuinely sweet person. I even met her at the neighborhood gym one day. she was a gym rat, to be sure. Smile

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She always gave Seattle that swag (yes, I know I'm far too white to be using that term) that they sometimes needed during that era. Bird and Jackson were the substance, but sometimes you just need that crazy person who always believes they're the best player on the floor, and always wants the next shot even if they missed the last 12. They'll drive you nuts half the time, but they'll be invaluable the rest. Players like Betty, Iziane Castro Marques and even Abrosimova did that for Seattle. You always need a little crazy.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
as a fan, was there ever a better game than the 2004 WNBA Championship? BMoney & NSales putting up competing baskets one after another? it was like a pickup game & it was exciting as hell.

:: making a conscious effort to not go super-homer, and leave my team out of it ::

I've always felt like the 2007 Finals were much more compelling, from that particular aspect. The duel between Cappie Pondexter and Deanna Nolan was amazing to watch, IMO.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:
as a fan, was there ever a better game than the 2004 WNBA Championship? BMoney & NSales putting up competing baskets one after another? it was like a pickup game & it was exciting as hell.

:: making a conscious effort to not go super-homer, and leave my team out of it ::

I've always felt like the 2007 Finals were much more compelling, from that particular aspect. The duel between Cappie Pondexter and Deanna Nolan was amazing to watch, IMO.

2009 Finals Phx vs Indy forever the best finals this league has ever seen.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That wasn't even the best Finals involving the Indiana Fever.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
scullyfu wrote:

2009 Finals Phx vs Indy forever the best finals this league has ever seen.

The first game was really good. Game three was exciting. The rest of the series wasn't up to that standard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: