Sparks💥
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
♠️♥️Aces♣️♦️
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18

Shades

PostPosted: 07/14/18 4:18 pm    ::: Sparks @ Aces - 7/15/18 Reply Reply with quote

Las Vegas, NV - 6:00 PM ET
TV: AT&T Sportsnet-Rocky Mountain, SpecN

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180715/LASLVA/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018911

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/15/18 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to see the lineup of Vadeeva CP Nneka Carson or Sims Gray. I dont know why Brian went away from that big lineup during the Dallas gm it was working on defense.

jap

PostPosted: 07/15/18 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Serena loses at Wimbleton? The Sparks have lost 4 of their last 5 games? What in the world is going on these days?

The Ladies of LaLa have already lost two season series---to the Seattle Storm and to the Dallas Wings. We do not need to be losing any more games. If we want to be playoff bound, it's time to grab this schedule by the 'horns' and start whaling on teams from here on out. I like A'ja, but I don't like her that much! Time to put the super rookie in a 'strait jacket' again.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Serena loses at Wimbleton? The Sparks have lost 4 of their last 5 games? What in the world is going on these days?

The Ladies of LaLa have already lost two season series---to the Seattle Storm and to the Dallas Wings. We do not need to be losing any more games. If we want to be playoff bound, it's time to grab this schedule by the 'horns' and start whaling on teams from here on out. I like A'ja, but I don't like her that much! Time to put the super rookie in a 'strait jacket' again.

They also lost the season series against the Sun 😂

PostPosted: 07/15/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
jap wrote:

They also lost the season series against the Sun 😂
They barely won 1 gm & CP wasnt playing in the other gm.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/15/18 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go LA

jap

PostPosted: 07/15/18 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's getting to be near time for Masha to be anointed by Brian as the Sparks Messiah.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gee, was that intro program dramatic enough? Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/15/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the Aces forgot to scout for #3 in yellow?
Laughing

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/15/18 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"You guys can't guard me"
CP talk yo ish Laughing Laughing I love Candace

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/15/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh no..Sims in tears on the bench... Crying or Very sad

jap

PostPosted: 07/15/18 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We need some Ladies in the Purple & Gold donning their Dark Knight capes for this last quarter.

Triple double watch for CP3: 21 pts, 7 REBs, 6 ASTs.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CP3 Watch: 24 pts, 9 REBs, 7 ASTs.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

candace got a good night sleep, and out here playing like all-world.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

34. pts 11 Rebs 9 Assists.....No other player in this league can put up numbers like this consistently. *Bows To CP3*

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace was the Girl on Fire tonight: 34 pts (12-21 from field, 5-8 from downtown), 11 REbs, & 9 ASTs.

The losing has to stop completely right now. The hell with losses: time to win out or die trying to.

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great to see CP on a mission, think she is tired of the Aces rookie getting calls when she flops Laughing

jap

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Great to see CP on a mission, think she is tired of the Aces rookie getting calls when she flops Laughing

CP3: "I've got an entire Hollywood acting industry here at my beck & call. I'll be ready for my Oscar awards come playoff time! - count on it!!!"

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sparks outscored the Aces 35-15 in the fourth quarter. Now that's closing out a freaking game! The championship hunt is once again underway, and it's about damn time!!! No Alana? No Sydney? No sweat!!! Everybody has to be ready to rock & roll from here on out, even if we sustain multiple player injuries and Penny or Brian (in a wig) have to suit up!

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bump

PostPosted: 07/15/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Candace was the Girl on Fire tonight: 34 pts (12-21 from field, 5-8 from downtown), 11 REbs, & 9 ASTs.

The losing has to stop completely right now. The hell with losses: time to win out or die trying to.

CP played a hell of a game today. However the Sparks still need to clean up their offense. The can not constantly rely on Candice being in rhythm and scoring 34 pts every game. Then you add the fact that Chelsea Gray was 9 for 9 for 22 pts.In total Carson, Parker and Gray were 10 for 14 from three as well. Thats some pretty hot shooting from 3 players. That's not going to happen all the time. To many of the Sparks players not named Carson, Gray or Parker made some really poor shot selection choices. They need to clean that up if they want to win consistently.

The five games they have till their next game should allow them the practice to clean up many of their defensive rotation mistakes. They had been complaining that they had no time to practice period. They did have a two day interval between this and their last game.

I hope Angler gives Masha more of the minutes he now gives Lavender. It seems Lav has gone back to her soft play. Vedeeva plays very physical and that is something that is now totally missing from the Sparks inside. She makes an impact that does not show up in the stats. Her hitting the boards keeps balls alive. Plus she is aggressive on defense. I also believe her aggressive and physical play against Wilson in the time she was in threw Wilson off her game.

Lavender had been playing really well for awhile, but it appears she has gone back to her regular soft play. I sort of suspected that was going to happen. She plays just hard enough to fool the coach and to keep her spot in the rotation, but then gradually reverts back to her standard soft self.

During their losing streak, I noticed that Anglers, who's usually timely and smart substitutions, seemed erratic and ineffective.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/15/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not knocking Plum or any other PG on the team, but Aces need floor general with that young squad. Trade for a PG who can manage the game down the stretch. LV has been in some games, but can't stop the wheels from falling off when the pressure is turned up.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/15/18 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:

I hope Angler gives Masha more of the minutes he now gives Lavender. It seems Lav has gone back to her soft play. Vedeeva plays very physical and that is something that is now totally missing from the Sparks inside. She makes an impact that does not show up in the stats. Her hitting the boards keeps balls alive. Plus she is aggressive on defense. I also believe her aggressive and physical play against Wilson in the time she was in threw Wilson off her game.

She plays like a big lunk, but doesn't quite have a big lunk body. Quicker players expose her when she tries to defend them. She has upside, particularly in certain matchups, but I wouldn't be so quick to give her a lot of minutes.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/15/18 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:

you might have that a bit backwards, the rookie doesn't flop and get fouls on Parker. Parker fouled her at least 3 or more fouls on the rookie tonight and was not called for a foul neither time. Parker, great player that she is, does not put up 34 points consistenly. She play a great game when she wants to.

willtalk

PostPosted: 07/15/18 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
willtalk wrote:

She plays like a big lunk, but doesn't quite have a big lunk body. Quicker players expose her when she tries to defend them. She has upside, particularly in certain matchups, but I wouldn't be so quick to give her a lot of minutes.
One could say that. She does not possess that much quickness. But it's a trade off. Who else will play inside? Lavender plays on the parameter, Parker and Nika are both finesses players. They need someone to play in the paint on both offense and defense. Lavender had a couple of good games but she has gone back to playing soft. Now I am not suggesting putting her in the starting lineup. But when Lavender is ineffective on both offense and defense at least Masha will give you someone who will hustle and get rebounds and can play against stronger physical players.

I do notice that Angler has a quick trigger when it comes to Vedeeva. if someone beats her off the dribble he usually pulls her right away. It' is ahrd to make corrections when you only are in for a few minutes at a time. Now he is less apt to do that with Lavender. He gives her entirely too much slack. Parker gets beat all the time when she decides to not give much effort, but she is too good a player to pull.

Her lack of foot speed does expose her to quicker players, but that's a trade off. She makes up for it with her hustle and physicality. Part of it also involves adapting your defense to whom you are playing. When she is not on the floor long that can not happen. I also think you underestimate her strength. She plays a lot stronger than she looks. I noticed that when she was playing against Paris.

I was referring to her playing time in respect to many of the games that the lost recently. Lavender and other players were not producing yet he never put Masha on the floor at all What did he have to lose?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: