RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/22/18 9:01 pm    ::: Re: Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Overturning Roe versus Wade sends the matter to the states. There are a lot of blue states that would still allow abortions.

That's not much consolation to the women who live in the other states

If they have no way to get to another state, yes.

Which is quite a few women. Not to mention the possibility of some right-to-lifer deciding abortion is an "immoral purpose" and using the Mann Act to prosecute someone who transports a woman across state lines to have one.

Why did you say "immoral purpose" and not "murder"?

Because that's what the Mann Act is about. It makes it illegal to transport someone across state lines for "immoral purposes".

PostPosted: 07/23/18 8:45 am    ::: Re: Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
tfan wrote:
Overturning Roe versus Wade sends the matter to the states. There are a lot of blue states that would still allow abortions.

That's not much consolation to the women who live in the other states

If they have no way to get to another state, yes.

Which is quite a few women. Not to mention the possibility of some right-to-lifer deciding abortion is an "immoral purpose" and using the Mann Act to prosecute someone who transports a woman across state lines to have one.

Why did you say "immoral purpose" and not "murder"?

Because that's what the Mann Act is about. It makes it illegal to transport someone across state lines for "immoral purposes".

The phrase "immoral purposes" was removed from the Mann Act in 1986. It now reads:

Quote:
(a)In General.—
Whoever knowingly transports any individual in interstate or foreign commerce, or in any Territory or Possession of the United States, with intent that such individual engage in prostitution, or in any sexual activity for which any person can be charged with a criminal offense, or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.

The Mann Act has been rarely enforced over the past 50 years, and mainly only for child sex trafficking. I don't see it being applicable to a discussion about the highly unlikely overruling of Roe/Casey.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 07/23/18 1:22 pm    ::: Re: Seriously Reply Reply with quote

insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Today, with what happened in Helsinki, this is what we should talk about? We have a treasonous bastard in the White House, Congressional enablers do nothing, but we should care what Clinton said about something that happened months ago? I hate all of humanity right now. Screw this.

What happened in Helsinki (other than the Trump-Putin summit) and how does it makes President Trump a traitor? And why does it mean that we can't discuss anything else?

Rolling Eyes

So you don't have an answer then

You got the answer you deserve.

More like the one I expected... the one you don't have.

You asked me a question. I did not engage with you, you did with me. I am under no obligation to answer you. It is not whether I have an answer, but rather do I wish to waste my time answering. I don't. I do not owe you a flipping answer.

It looks to me like you've been engaging...
Also I called you out because you wouldn't have an answer. Wink

insidewinder

PostPosted: 07/23/18 8:22 pm    ::: Re: Seriously Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Stonington_QB wrote:
insidewinder wrote:
Today, with what happened in Helsinki, this is what we should talk about? We have a treasonous bastard in the White House, Congressional enablers do nothing, but we should care what Clinton said about something that happened months ago? I hate all of humanity right now. Screw this.

What happened in Helsinki (other than the Trump-Putin summit) and how does it makes President Trump a traitor? And why does it mean that we can't discuss anything else?

Rolling Eyes

So you don't have an answer then

You got the answer you deserve.

More like the one I expected... the one you don't have.

You asked me a question. I did not engage with you, you did with me. I am under no obligation to answer you. It is not whether I have an answer, but rather do I wish to waste my time answering. I don't. I do not owe you a flipping answer.

It looks to me like you've been engaging...
Also I called you out because you wouldn't have an answer. Wink

I am trying to avoid engaging. You can't call me out for not having an answer when the fact is I choose not to answer, which is not the same thing. You are not entitled to an answer just because you decide to ask. Why you think you are I couldn't say.

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 07/26/18 1:27 pm    ::: Re: Seriously Reply Reply with quote

insidewinder wrote:
I am trying to avoid engaging.

I think you crossed that line of demarcation when you told me that I got the answer I deserve.
insidewinder wrote:
You can't call me out for not having an answer when the fact is I choose not to answer, which is not the same thing.

No, I called out your original post of the President committing treason and why we are not allowed to discuss anything but that.
insidewinder wrote:
You are not entitled to an answer just because you decide to ask. Why you think you are I couldn't say.

I don't feel entitled to anything... but did you notice that the OP never responded to your question? That's called not engaging. You're willing to engage (but not call it that) simply because you want the last word.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/26/18 1:47 pm    ::: Re: Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
The Mann Act has been rarely enforced over the past 50 years, and mainly only for child sex trafficking. I don't see it being applicable to a discussion about the highly unlikely overruling of Roe/Casey.

It's very easy to imagine a "right-to-life" federal prosecutor or AG using it to prosecute people who transport women to get abortions.

PostPosted: 07/26/18 10:04 pm    ::: Re: Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

It's very easy to imagine a "right-to-life" federal prosecutor or AG using it to prosecute people who transport women to get abortions.

You have a more vivid imagination than I, but you shouldn't in this case.

Read the statute. Transporting a woman into a state for a legal abortion cannot satisfy the mental element of the Mann Act, which requires that the transporter intends the woman to engage in prostitution or criminal sexual activity. Getting a legal abortion is neither of those things.
Howee

PostPosted: 07/27/18 12:49 am    ::: Re: Anthony Bourdain OPENS UP on Bill and HILLARY Clinton Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

You have a more vivid imagination than I, but you shouldn't in this case.

Read the statute. Transporting a woman into a state for a legal abortion cannot satisfy the mental element of the Mann Act, which requires that the transporter intends the woman to engage in prostitution or criminal sexual activity. Getting a legal abortion is neither of those things.

If the Mann Act could be re-written in 1986, what's to say a tidal wave of evil Christian sentiments might not get it back to its original form, as the courts revert to more archaic thinking once again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: