41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Wings
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 17

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/17/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've probably improved WNBA-Australia-United States/Texas relations, and taught children that Australia rules for more reasons than just kangaroos and if you don't behave 100%, you risk getting technical fouls from teachers & supervisors with short leashes, by just one game!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is our 5th time eclipsing the 100 pt mark this season . What's the record pilight >? Im sure its held by PHX in the paul ball era ! We should be on pace or close to possibly one of the highest scoring team seasons in history .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
This is our 5th time eclipsing the 100 pt mark this season . What's the record pilight >? Im sure its held by PHX in the paul ball era ! We should be on pace or close to possibly one of the highest scoring team seasons in history .

i think the Wings can win it all. just need to stay healthy the rest of the year.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Couple notes:

*The box score only shows three technicals, just one on the Wings. Did Fred get two and they're not recorded?

*Though Riquna Williams is a nice player, I'm glad to see the scoring record held by a legit star. It's like the NBA scoring record was held by Jordan Crawford or someone like that instead of Wilt.

*I wasn't sure Dallas should commit to Liz because of her flakiness in the past, but given how good she can be, it's worth whatever aggravation she might cause.

*Was Kia Vaughn the primary defender on Liz when she was in the game (19 minutes)? Or was Charles on her almost all the time?

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
The officiating is a joke though. 22 FTA for Dallas. At least half not even being shooting fouls. There’s incidental bumping that goes on all the time. This is absurd.

It's not always the ref's fault when your team loses ...IJS Laughing

I didn’t say it was. It’s just kind of annoying when your team is -120 in FTA for the season in spite of having a paint points advantage in a majority of the games.

Id say the influx of 3pt attempts versus driving the lane has caused this discrepancy versus the refs just not liking the liberty .

That would be right except that it’s wrong. Opponents have shot 3 more threes than NY this year. It’s not the 3s. They’re attacking the basket. It doesn’t matter.

There's a difference between driving and initiating contact. NY really only has two players who initiate contact - Zellous and Boyd, and maybe not even Boyd. Tina gets to the line the most, but really she doesn't seek contact all that often. In fact, she does fall away jumpers quite often. NY doesn't have a player like DT or Angel or Whalen or GloJo who try to initiate contact every time they touch the ball.

- Amanda Gorman
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to eat crow. I had an issue with her holding out on the league because she was drafted to play in Tulsa. However, if she is this good, she can hold whatever the hell she wants.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How soon can the Wings offer Cambage a multi-year max contract extension?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
sigur3

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Couple notes:

*Though Riquna Williams is a nice player, I'm glad to see the scoring record held by a legit star. It's like the NBA scoring record was held by Jordan Crawford or someone like that instead of Wilt.

Yeah that was set in a pretty meaningless game too, if I recall correctly.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shaqbage 53!!! Wow!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty just don't have anyone that can defend her. Or Griner, Fowles, etc. The Liberty's interior is terrible.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
How soon can the Wings offer Cambage a multi-year max contract extension?

She's already signed to a multi year contract .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
When Nurse is locked in like that hitin shots, she's fun to watch. too bad she doesnt get the minutes she used to in the begining of the season Rolling Eyes

I have said this repeatedly over many weeks: Kia Nurse should play 25 to 30 minutes per game no matter what. Though she's still a rookie, I view her as the second best player on the team.

With the Liberty at 7-14, Nurse should be out there even if she's playing badly. To help her get more comfortable with the level of play in the WNBA. And to give Katie Smith and the staff more insight into how to best use her in the future.

+1 No brainer Bob... Puzzling?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:
When Nurse is locked in like that hitin shots, she's fun to watch. too bad she doesnt get the minutes she used to in the begining of the season Rolling Eyes

I have said this repeatedly over many weeks: Kia Nurse should play 25 to 30 minutes per game no matter what. Though she's still a rookie, I view her as the second best player on the team.

With the Liberty at 7-14, Nurse should be out there even if she's playing badly. To help her get more comfortable with the level of play in the WNBA. And to give Katie Smith and the staff more insight into how to best use her in the future.

Nurse scored 34 points vs. Indiana on June 2nd (NY Liberty rookie record) and 25 points today. In between, Nurse's minutes were substantially reduced in favor of other players and New York was 5-12. "Puzzling" is one appropriate word. Others I'd use aren't polite. Smile

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
I have to eat crow. I had an issue with her holding out on the league because she was drafted to play in Tulsa. However, if she is this good, she can hold whatever the hell she wants.

Me too.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Nurse scored 34 points vs. Indiana on June 2nd (NY Liberty rookie record) and 25 points today. In between, Nurse's minutes were substantially reduced in favor of other players and New York was 5-12. "Puzzling" is one appropriate word. Others I'd use aren't polite. Smile

I like Nurse and see her as part of the future but this argument ignores the fact that in our last two games where we won Nurse played 15 minute with 4 points and 10 minute with 2. Boyd has been improving by leaps and bounds. The Liberty win when Zellous score in double digits. Prince is making bigger contributions.

Maybe with today performance Nurse will get more minutes, but she isn't the key to our victories or losses.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

I like Nurse and see her as part of the future but this argument ignores the fact that in our last two games where we won Nurse played 15 minute with 4 points and 10 minute with 2. Boyd has been improving by leaps and bounds. The Liberty win when Zellous score in double digits. Prince is making bigger contributions.

Maybe with today performance Nurse will get more minutes, but she isn't the key to our victories or losses.

This _____ , other lib fans seem to think otherwise.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is why didnt the Liberty double heck even triple team Cambage from the start or when they saw that she was on FIRE Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Couple notes:

*The box score only shows three technicals, just one on the Wings. Did Fred get two and they're not recorded?

*I wasn't sure Dallas should commit to Liz because of her flakiness in the past, but given how good she can be, it's worth whatever aggravation she might cause.

*Was Kia Vaughn the primary defender on Liz when she was in the game (19 minutes)? Or was Charles on her almost all the time?

Tina didn’t guard her. Kia, Kiah and Zahui did. It’s worth noting that Liz scored 20 outside the paint and 15 from the foul line including a few non-shooting fouls. Not to say that it was anything other than poor defensive resistance. But Liz also made shots that most teams probably would have let her shoot. 4 threes after going 5-18 this season. It was just her day.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/17/18 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
The question is why didnt the Liberty double heck even triple team Cambage from the start or when they saw that she was on FIRE Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe because she knew they didn't have a Triple Chance in hell to stop the Cambeastttt Exclamation

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

She might not be the key. But it’s impossible to know if she doesn’t play and it’s not debatable who’s better between her and Sugar so...

It’s also arguable that Nurse played loosely today she knew she’d be in the rotation ahead of Rodgers (thus guaranteed a block of minutes no matter what) when Dallas went with the big frontcourt.

Didn’t win the game but kept us in it for 55 minutes with an opposing player scoring 53 points.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/17/18 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Maybe because she knew they didn't have a Triple Chance in hell to stop the Cambeastttt Exclamation

More of a chance then defending her 1 on 1 Laughing when something doesnt work then you try something else. You make defensive adjustments. That didnt happen in this game Laughing Even Cambage was looking like come on now your insulting me by defending me (or trying to defend) like this Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
LibFan25 wrote:

Of course Nurse isn't the key to our victories and losses. I never said she was. But her minutes were drastically reduced and the team had a dreadful stretch during that time. Benching her sure didn't help. Are you really making a big deal of New York winning TWO games in a row where Nurse didn't have good numbers? Seriously?

Prince and Zellous were playing a lot in that 5-12 stretch that killed the season. I definitely don't want to single them out for fault; there's plenty to go around. But your statements about them are rather unconvincing.

Last edited by Bob Lamm on 07/17/18 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Probably a combo of having 4 games in seven days and getting destroyed when they did it against Dallas in their last meeting. Double teams mean a lot more defensive activity. Defensive activity has led to poor help defense and a ton of offensive boards. This outcome was obviously less than desirable but there’s rationales for it, I think.

If anything it’s an indicator that they’re just not a good defensive team. Plus this is a terrible matchup for them. They don’t have anyone with either the strength or the length to deal with Liz. Even with Griner at least they have some people to be physical with her. Add in Stevens at small forward, which led to mismatches on Z or Nurse inside, NY is not equipped to defend this team.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 07/17/18 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Probably a combo of having 4 games in seven days and getting destroyed when they did it against Dallas in their last meeting. Double teams mean a lot more defensive activity. This outcome was obviously less than desirable but there’s rationales for it, I think.

If that was the case then why play your backup posts only 9 (Zahui B) and 13 minutes (Stokes)

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Probably a combo of having 4 games in seven days and getting destroyed when they did it against Dallas in their last meeting. Double teams mean a lot more defensive activity. This outcome was obviously less than desirable but there’s rationales for it, I think.

If that was the case then why play your backup posts only 9 (Zahui B) and 13 minutes (Stokes)

Because the game was winnable until there were 4 minutes left and they had Stokes in for defense in the 4th? I don’t think Stokes is physically able to play much more than 15 minutes at this point in time.

And Vaughn only played 19. What are you gonna do, sit Tina for 10 minutes?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: