RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Griner vs Cambage
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you rather have on your team ?
BG
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
Liz Cambage
58%
 58%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 51

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:15 pm    ::: Griner vs Cambage Reply Reply with quote

Just a thought now that Cambage has proved all pre-season doubters to be fools , who would you start your team with out of the 2 ? The Defensive Guru or the Offensive Beast ?

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

voted BG just because of the timing of this poll Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I understand Liz cant be everybody's favorite . I respect you because youve stuck firm with your position on liz . Since pre-season , i appreciate you not switching during bandwagon time aladyyn !

To be fair BG did just score like 36 Sunday so picking her is not a bad option at all . Its just not 53 Laughing

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing I understand Liz cant be everybody's favorite . I respect you because youve stuck firm with your position on liz . Since pre-season , i appreciate you not switching during bandwagon time aladyyn !

To be fair BG did just score like 36 Sunday so picking her is not a bad option at all . Its just not 53 Laughing

Liz is an amazing player. But so is Griner. And I have to try and keep the balance of the universe in place Razz

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The question is how much can you count on Cambage playing. She is here this year, but until she has a track record of showing up consistently, I would take Griner.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamBeast > Griner.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
The question is how much can you count on Cambage playing. She is here this year, but until she has a track record of showing up consistently, I would take Griner.

Laughing Laughing Really Matty ? This is your way of trying to damper her light ....This is what the nay-sayers used in the off season until the announcement of multi-year contract was released. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool to use her behavior as a 19 year old against her 5 years later . Or maybe is it because she just broke the league scoring record against your team ? Embarassed Embarassed

This same method could be used against Taurasi as well , but it never does . Odd Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 07/17/18 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Griner is a better two-way player, but Cambage has a swagger that is more relevant to my interests.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
ClayK

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now if the poll said "Who do I want tonight?" I'll take Cambage.

But I feel Griner will play more WNBA games in the next five years, and maybe a lot more, so I took Griner.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

But I feel Griner will play more WNBA games in the next five years, and maybe a lot more, so I took Griner.

Would you take Quigley over Taurasi ? Taurasi has a history of missing WNBA seasons as well ?

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Would you take Quigley over Taurasi ? Taurasi has a history of missing WNBA seasons as well ?

A year ago I would have, easily (though for different reasons).

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

A year ago I would have, easily (though for different reasons).

So next year you would take Cambage over Griner ?

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only Griner had Cambages intensity and edge then she would be unstoppable

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 07/17/18 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Liz 1000 times over. Not just because of todays game, but she’s better than Griner in every aspect of being a post player.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If only Griner had Cambages intensity and edge then she would be unstoppable

+1

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it’s a tie and that they’re impossible to compare. They’re so different. I’d be thrilled to have either player on my team. Liz is more physically dominant near the basket and is an underrated passer. Griner is more versatile though, especially when you’re talking about defending players in space. That’s the one thing Liz struggles with. But again, they each dominate in different ways. Putting either player on the Liberty would dramatically alter the team so I’d be just as happy with either one.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I think it’s a tie and that they’re impossible to compare. They’re so different. I’d be thrilled to have either player on my team. Liz is more physically dominant near the basket and is an underrated passer. Griner is more versatile though, especially when you’re talking about defending players in space. That’s the one thing Liz struggles with. But again, they each dominate in different ways. Putting either player on the Liberty would dramatically alter the team so I’d be just as happy with either one.

Agreed Griner is more versatile on defense but Liz is more versatile on Offense. Liz can drive to the rim from the top of the key and finish something ive NEVER seen BG do once her entire career.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still go with BG. That's just it for me.

I personally don't like the Comparison. Let them be great in their own ways.

I find it very ironic that so many people will say that other posters hate on Cambage when a ton of you find any reason to trash BG' s game.

You can like whatever player or players that you want, it doesn't mean that you have to trash someone that plays the same position.

Last edited by SCook on 07/17/18 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
SCook

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Agreed Griner is more versatile on defense but Liz is more versatile on Offense. Liz can drive to the rim from the top of the key and finish something ive NEVER seen BG do once her entire career.

You mean in the WNBA right?

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

No im referring to watching her play at Nimitz in highschool , watching her play in Waco at baylor . And watching from the Television screen with the mercury aka her Entire Career.

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Fowles can't do that either and she won MVP and FMVP last season.

SCook

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
SCook wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

No im referring to watching her play at Nimitz in highschool , watching her play in Waco at baylor . And watching from the Television screen with the mercury aka her Entire Career.

Then we did not watch the same Baylor games. She never did it as a signature move but I can remember a few occasions where she did.

Her Sophmore year against Texas A&M, in Waco she drove from the top of the key to the basket and got the foul. Against West Virginia, she drove from the key to the basket (her senior year) and against Kansas State when she went for 45 as a Senior.

I vaguely remember her doing the same in Connecticutas a Senior some time in February and 1 or 2 more occasions before that.

However, as a pro, I don't recall. But I've seen her do it.

Last edited by SCook on 07/17/18 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Fowles had the best season last year , do i think she's the best center this year no . She just had a great season compared to her other seasons. If i had a choice between BG and Sylvia id probably choose BG for defensive reasons but then again Syl is a better rebounder so not sure who'd id take out of these 2 .

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
SCook wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Then we did not watch the same Baylor games. She never did it as a signature move but I can remember a few occasions where she did.

Her Sophmore year against Texas A&M, in Waco she drove from the top of the key to the basket and got the foul. Against West Virginia, she drove from the key to the basket (her senior year) and against Kansas State when she went for 45 as a Senior.

I vaguely remember her doing the same in Connecticutas a Senior some time in February and 1 or 2 more occasions before that.

However, as a pro, I don't recall. But I've seen her do it.

Ahh ok 2 or 3 times ...your right shes Versatile offensively Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 07/17/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

That's because only BG has to do circus tricks to be considered a great player.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: