RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hillary was right, again
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump is full-on Orwell now.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Trump is full-on Orwell now.

So we now have official transcripts and video being altered from Helsinki. The meeting with Putin went so well that Trump won't tell even his national security staff what happened. We now have three versions of the subsequent press conference; the original video, the "official" US video and the "official" Russian video..

I can understand the so called "left-wing media" being outraged, but Trump has convinced most of his supporters not to believe the "fake news." I once again will look to Fox and the mainstream Senate Republicans to see if they make any pushback They haven't been good on these occasions, but at least some on the news side (Chris Wallace, Shepard Smith) and a few Senators (Corker, Flake, McCain and most recently Burr) have shown some spine.

cthskzfn

PostPosted: 07/25/18 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those Senators are all talk- no spine at all.

All Flake needs to do is become an Independent and caucus w/ the Dems and a lot of this shit will end.

Here's a laugher:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1021784726217142273

PostPosted: 07/25/18 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am not saying these are modern day Profiles in Courage, but as it relates to the Republicans that have spoken up, they have done so against their short-term political interest. I would certainly prefer Chuck Schumer to Cecil Turtle as the Majority Leader. But while I disagree with the Republican grownups in the Senate on most issues, I still believe McConnell is doing what he believes is in the best interests of the country. He believes in a more conservative court and he has pushed that issue to tremendous advantage. The same is true of the changes in the tax system and trying to gut the health care system. The Republican-led Senate Judiciary Committee may have slow walked its investigation but it did acknowledge Russian interference. The Republicans want a smaller less effective government, but they don't want a wholesale dismantling of the State or selling out to the Russians.

In less than 4 months there will be an election. If the Dems win the House, and I strongly believe they will, there will be an impeachment. The Senate will decide the outcome. I believe that more than half the Republican senators will support that impeachment, based on Mueller's investigation and what will be significant televised congressional hearings. Over the course of the past year there have been many crackpot comments coming out of Washington. But the senators have been largely quiet, allowing House members to say the most absurd things. And having gotten as much of their agenda through as they can, I believe they will do the right thing. They will still have Mike Pence as President and they can try to lessen the Democratic intensity going into 2020.

Maybe I'm deluding myself, but I certainly hope not.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/27/18 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
I am not saying these are modern day Profiles in Courage, but as it relates to the Republicans that have spoken up, they have done so against their short-term political interest. I would certainly prefer Chuck Schumer to Cecil Turtle as the Majority Leader. But while I disagree with the Republican grownups in the Senate on most issues, I still believe McConnell is doing what he believes is in the best interests of the country. .

I have yet to see ANY evidence of that. McConnell is The Face of all that is wrong with congress...pandering to lobbyists, corporations, etc.

PostPosted: 07/27/18 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
I am not saying these are modern day Profiles in Courage, but as it relates to the Republicans that have spoken up, they have done so against their short-term political interest. I would certainly prefer Chuck Schumer to Cecil Turtle as the Majority Leader. But while I disagree with the Republican grownups in the Senate on most issues, I still believe McConnell is doing what he believes is in the best interests of the country. .

I have yet to see ANY evidence of that. McConnell is The Face of all that is wrong with congress...pandering to lobbyists, corporations, etc.

Agreed. He is the problem personified.

PostPosted: 07/27/18 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I am no fan of McConnell. I agree that he is beholden to corporate interests. His vision of America is not the same as mine. But I believe that he will continue to put the interests of the country (as he sees them) above the interests of the President. That isn't a high bar, but unfortunately it is a bar that many in the House can't seem to meet.

As for evidence, I point to his statements regarding Mueller. He has continually supported him, even while not supporting legislation to protect him. There seems an implied threat to Trump that he is willing to slow walk the investigations to allow progress to be made on portions of the Trump agenda (packing the court, deregulation) but he won't let it be squelched. He probably also has his hands in protecting Jeff Sessions, Dan Coats and some others in the administration.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/27/18 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
He has continually supported him, even while not supporting legislation to protect him.

Isn't that an absolute contradiction of terms? It certainly isn't unequivocal support.
No, I see Mitchy as far more interested in NOT pissing off the Kentucky deplorables that love Trump, the same ones HE needs to remain in office, far more than any commitment to higher, altruistic patriotism.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: