RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Elena Delle Donne or Breanna Stewart?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Delle Donne or Stewart?
Elena Delle Donne
21%
 21%  [ 16 ]
Breanna Stewart
78%
 78%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 74

Author Message
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9322



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:22 am    ::: Elena Delle Donne or Breanna Stewart? Reply Reply with quote

Setting aside the age difference, you have to choose one and only one.

Which one, and why?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8661



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart stayed at UConn.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7589
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne can carry a team on her own .



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49478



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart stayed at China.
Stewart will likely stay at SEA beyond 2019, but you never know.
I’ll probably let pilight do the percentage of games played out of the maximum possible games played, but in general you get stay-bility with Stewart.



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20716
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me they're close enough in so many ways that it's a toss-up, and health becomes the tie-breaker. So I take Stewart. History suggests she's more likely to give you 34 games in a season.

Also, even if you're ignoring age for purposes of how long she'll be on you team etc., Stewart's still more likely to develop further. She's only 23, and there's been a significant uptick in her numbers this year. Delle Donne's pretty much settled into a regular level of quality at this point (offensively, anyway - her defense is much better than it was).

If I was just picking one or the other to play for my life in a single game tonight? Eh, flip a coin.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17699



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're neck and neck in nearly everything except one. That's defense, which Stewart is a step above EDD in.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 15411
Location: Holland


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie: because i think she can become even better then she is now (defensively and offensively). She is discovering this season how dominant she can be/become. To me it still looks like she can shift it into another gear even at the MVP level that she is already playing at.

Also i think EDD is mainly a dominant scorer while Stewart can effect the game also in moments when she is not scoring (defensively, passing)

Health is also a reason to pick Stewart.



_________________
"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is better at creating one-on-one offense from the perimeter. Stewie is a better defender, passer and rebounder who also scores 22 a game. I think it’s close because EDD has more responsibility to make her team “go” on offense. But if you look at being an all-around player Stewie wins on more traits.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't say Stewart is a better passer.


NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57588
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest difference is that Stewart actually has to make baskets in order for them to count



_________________
Make lots of noise
Kiss lots of boys
Or kiss lots of girls
If that's something you're into
When the straight and narrow
Gets a little too straight
Roll up a joint, or don't
Just follow your arrow
Wherever it points, yeah
Follow your arrow
Wherever it points
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The biggest difference is that Stewart actually has to make baskets in order for them to count


Laughing Laughing Laughing



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.

EDD has also never had more then 1.5 turnovers per game in any of her seasons while Stewart has never been below 2. And Delle Donne also runs the break and brings the ball up the court so Stewart doesn't really get any extra points for that.

Couldn't playing with Sue also inflate Stewart's numbers too btw? Wink


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49478



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This doesn’t include playoff games.
I believe Delle Donne has missed some of those too.

Delle Donne
145 gm played out of 189 possible

Stewart
87 gm played out of 88 possible



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It might. But EDD has been on some pretty good offensive teams too. Stewie is a better ball-handler and passer on the break though. EDD slows the game down when she handles the ball a lot. She still creates offense with it though.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It might. But EDD has been on some pretty good offensive teams too. Stewie is a better ball-handler and passer on the break though. EDD slows the game down when she handles the ball a lot. She still creates offense with it though.

Let's just agree to disagree on that Very Happy


Randy



Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 8661



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.

EDD has also never had more then 1.5 turnovers per game in any of her seasons while Stewart has never been below 2. And Delle Donne also runs the break and brings the ball up the court so Stewart doesn't really get any extra points for that.

Couldn't playing with Sue also inflate Stewart's numbers too btw? Wink


Yes- though for a time at least Delle Donne played along side Vandersloot.


Aladyyn



Joined: 23 Jul 2017
Posts: 1173
Location: Czech Republic


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.

EDD has also never had more then 1.5 turnovers per game in any of her seasons while Stewart has never been below 2. And Delle Donne also runs the break and brings the ball up the court so Stewart doesn't really get any extra points for that.

Couldn't playing with Sue also inflate Stewart's numbers too btw? Wink


Yes- though for a time at least Delle Donne played along side Vandersloot.

Yes. And it resulted in 2 20+ win seasons, 2 seasons of the #1 offense, and a finals trip in the span of 4 years. Stewart has a very good chance of matching that, even with the delayed start Smile


RavenDog



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 5837



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This doesn’t include playoff games.
I believe Delle Donne has missed some of those too.

Delle Donne
145 gm played out of 189 possible

Stewart
87 gm played out of 88 possible



Hard to win a game, when your not available to play. Plus EDD high maintenance. Easy 4 me - Stewart.


mavcarter



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 4646
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.


Stewart’s awareness and IQ in terms of passing is ahead of EDD’s, IMO.


Force10rulz



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 1848
Location: Puget Sound


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are both excellent players, but I’d take Stewie over EDD because of health issues, EDD has missed a lot of game due to Lyme disease.



_________________
Seattle Storm 3 times Champions
myrtle



Joined: 02 May 2008
Posts: 23362



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't pick. EDD's offense is so beautiful! She just makes it look so easy. And smooth. On the other hand, Stewie does everything really well. Can I have both on my team?



_________________
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
― Maya Angelou
SO ...I lost a bet with Rock about how many wins Chicago would get this year. My punishment - T. Young as my avatar. Well it could be worse!
NYL_WNBA_FAN



Joined: 28 May 2007
Posts: 12415



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD's offense is pretty amazing. She makes even the hardest shots look so easy. The Liberty haven't done that in like 12 games.



_________________
The poster formerly known as LibWNBAFan.
barryi22



Joined: 10 Mar 2005
Posts: 462
Location: In the USA


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart hands down. The raw drive and desire for greatness/success hasn't consistently been there for Elena like it has been with Stewart.


Rock Hard



Joined: 02 Aug 2010
Posts: 3122
Location: Chocolate Paradise


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None of the above.



_________________
Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet and turn and tear you to pieces.
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin