Elena Delle Donne
21%
 21%  [ 16 ]
Breanna Stewart
78%
 78%  [ 58 ]
Total Votes : 74

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:22 am    ::: Elena Delle Donne or Breanna Stewart? Reply Reply with quote

Setting aside the age difference, you have to choose one and only one.

Which one, and why?

PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart stayed at UConn.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne can carry a team on her own .

PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart stayed at China.
Stewart will likely stay at SEA beyond 2019, but you never know.
I’ll probably let pilight do the percentage of games played out of the maximum possible games played, but in general you get stay-bility with Stewart.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For me they're close enough in so many ways that it's a toss-up, and health becomes the tie-breaker. So I take Stewart. History suggests she's more likely to give you 34 games in a season.

Also, even if you're ignoring age for purposes of how long she'll be on you team etc., Stewart's still more likely to develop further. She's only 23, and there's been a significant uptick in her numbers this year. Delle Donne's pretty much settled into a regular level of quality at this point (offensively, anyway - her defense is much better than it was).

If I was just picking one or the other to play for my life in a single game tonight? Eh, flip a coin.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're neck and neck in nearly everything except one. That's defense, which Stewart is a step above EDD in.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie: because i think she can become even better then she is now (defensively and offensively). She is discovering this season how dominant she can be/become. To me it still looks like she can shift it into another gear even at the MVP level that she is already playing at.

Also i think EDD is mainly a dominant scorer while Stewart can effect the game also in moments when she is not scoring (defensively, passing)

Health is also a reason to pick Stewart.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is better at creating one-on-one offense from the perimeter. Stewie is a better defender, passer and rebounder who also scores 22 a game. I think it’s close because EDD has more responsibility to make her team “go” on offense. But if you look at being an all-around player Stewie wins on more traits.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't say Stewart is a better passer.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The biggest difference is that Stewart actually has to make baskets in order for them to count

you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The biggest difference is that Stewart actually has to make baskets in order for them to count

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Stewie has averaged three assists for her career. EDD is over two this year for the first time. If you’re being objective it’s not even a debate. Stewie is point-guardish enough to lead a fast break and distribute the ball properly. The reason she doesn’t do it more often is because she has the best or second best-player in WNBA history in that area already on her team.

Yes, EDD is improved in that area. But Stewie’s vision and understanding of the game in that area is undeniably better. Plus, Stewie is in the post much more often this year. In spite of that she still wins assists.

EDD has also never had more then 1.5 turnovers per game in any of her seasons while Stewart has never been below 2. And Delle Donne also runs the break and brings the ball up the court so Stewart doesn't really get any extra points for that.

Couldn't playing with Sue also inflate Stewart's numbers too btw? Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This doesn’t include playoff games.
I believe Delle Donne has missed some of those too.

Delle Donne
145 gm played out of 189 possible

Stewart
87 gm played out of 88 possible

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It might. But EDD has been on some pretty good offensive teams too. Stewie is a better ball-handler and passer on the break though. EDD slows the game down when she handles the ball a lot. She still creates offense with it though.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It might. But EDD has been on some pretty good offensive teams too. Stewie is a better ball-handler and passer on the break though. EDD slows the game down when she handles the ball a lot. She still creates offense with it though.

Let's just agree to disagree on that Very Happy

Randy

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

EDD has also never had more then 1.5 turnovers per game in any of her seasons while Stewart has never been below 2. And Delle Donne also runs the break and brings the ball up the court so Stewart doesn't really get any extra points for that.

Yes- though for a time at least Delle Donne played along side Vandersloot.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Yes- though for a time at least Delle Donne played along side Vandersloot.

Yes. And it resulted in 2 20+ win seasons, 2 seasons of the #1 offense, and a finals trip in the span of 4 years. Stewart has a very good chance of matching that, even with the delayed start Smile

RavenDog

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
This doesn’t include playoff games.
I believe Delle Donne has missed some of those too.

Delle Donne
145 gm played out of 189 possible

Stewart
87 gm played out of 88 possible

Hard to win a game, when your not available to play. Plus EDD high maintenance. Easy 4 me - Stewart.

mavcarter

PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Stewart’s awareness and IQ in terms of passing is ahead of EDD’s, IMO.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 07/09/18 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They are both excellent players, but I’d take Stewie over EDD because of health issues, EDD has missed a lot of game due to Lyme disease.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't pick. EDD's offense is so beautiful! She just makes it look so easy. And smooth. On the other hand, Stewie does everything really well. Can I have both on my team?

PostPosted: 07/09/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD's offense is pretty amazing. She makes even the hardest shots look so easy. The Liberty haven't done that in like 12 games.

PostPosted: 07/09/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart hands down. The raw drive and desire for greatness/success hasn't consistently been there for Elena like it has been with Stewart.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 07/09/18 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

None of the above.

PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stewart 1000%. She’s a team player unlike EDD. She’s loyal unlike EDD. She doesnt say one thing and do another unlike EDD. She’s honest unlike EDD. She’s a better defender. Just as good offensively. She stays healthier and doesnt have to worry about missing games due to Lyme disease flair ups unlike EDD.

So yeah. It’s not even a close contest.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of EDD haters in here Laughing Laughing Laughing and i got toasted for saying she has fake injuries Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:10 pm    ::: I chose Stewart. Reply Reply with quote

I think offensively EDD and Stewart are fairly comparable but defensively Stewart has the edge.

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:13 pm    ::: Re: I chose Stewart. Reply Reply with quote

YlwJckt999 wrote:
I think offensively EDD and Stewart are fairly comparable but defensively Stewart has the edge.

Twisted Evil Parker>Stewart>EDD

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/18 1:19 pm    ::: Re: I chose Stewart. Reply Reply with quote

YlwJckt999 wrote:
YlwJckt999 wrote:

Twisted Evil Parker>Stewart>EDD

+1

PostPosted: 07/13/18 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ill take Stewart over Parker any day of the week

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/18 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Maybe the Parker of now , but the Parker of 2008 no chance in hell Laughing

PostPosted: 07/13/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Il take the Stewart of now over the Parker of 2008 aswell Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/13/18 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Well i forget storm fans are loyal so i understand Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 07/14/18 5:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Shocked Shocked Well i forget storm fans are loyal so i understand Laughing Laughing

Stewie's rookie year she put up almost similar numbers then Parker. Now she is putting up mvp numbers (this MVP will not be given to her. She has earned it) so yeah i would take her over 2008 Parker any day.
Heck, Parker hasnt put up these kind of numbers once in her career. The closest she got was in 2010 when she averaged 20,6 pts per game.

With Stewie's work ethic, motivation and her development year by year she can become one of the greatest IMO.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/18 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Stewie's rookie year she put up almost similar numbers then Parker. Now she is putting up mvp numbers (this MVP will not be given to her. She has earned it) so yeah i would take her over 2008 Parker any day.
Heck, Parker hasnt put up these kind of numbers once in her career. The closest she got was in 2010 when she averaged 20,6 pts per game.

With Stewie's work ethic, motivation and her development year by year she can become one of the greatest IMO.

How about you roll out the Numbers ? Candace was a transcendent player. She made room for players like stewie to be who they are today.

PostPosted: 07/14/18 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Candace was a transcendent player. She made room for players like Stewie to be who they are today.

You mean Parker made room for them on the Team USA squad? That was quite generous of her. Surprised

mercfan3

PostPosted: 07/14/18 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

How about you roll out the Numbers ? Candace was a transcendent player. She made room for players like stewie to be who they are today.

Their numbers are pretty much the same. Stewie is a better scorer (slightly) but Candace is a better passer (slightly). I’d say Candace’s best numbers were 2015 though.

Candace has never averaged as much as Stewart is this season.

I’d take Stewart. She’s a better defensive player. She doesn’t try to do too much, and she plays hard the whole time she’s on the court.

I’d take Stewart over EDD for defense and health.

What it takes to play a gay pirate, a gay candymaker, and a gay mad hatter, and still land a role as John Dilinger.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 07/14/18 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Candace was a transcendent player. She made room for players like Stewie to be who they are today.

You mean Parker made room for them on the Team USA squad? That was quite generous of her. Surprised

Shades trolling as usual Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 07/14/18 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Their numbers are pretty much the same. Stewie is a better scorer (slightly) but Candace is a better passer (slightly). I’d say Candace’s best numbers were 2015 though.

Candace has never averaged as much as Stewart is this season.

I’d take Stewart. She’s a better defensive player. She doesn’t try to do too much, and she plays hard the whole time she’s on the court.

I’d take Stewart over EDD for defense and health.

Measuring Points ? OR they're effect on the game ? IF i had choice to start a team with 2008 Parker or 2018 Stewie id pick 2008 Parker. Unstoppable Scorer , 2008 Parker played defense . Best Passer regarding Bigs in the history of the game .

PostPosted: 07/14/18 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Measuring Points ? OR they're effect on the game ? IF i had choice to start a team with 2008 Parker or 2018 Stewie id pick 2008 Parker. Unstoppable Scorer , 2008 Parker played defense . Best Passer regarding Bigs in the history of the game .

Lets just agree to disagree Wink

Davis4632

PostPosted: 07/14/18 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought this topic was just between EDD and Stewie?

Sometimes pure numbers don't tell the whole story. Here's numbers comparing two NBA players for a season.

Player A. 31.6 ppg 10.7 rpg, 10.4 apg

Player B. 26.4 ppg 8.6 rpg, 8.7 apg.

YlwJckt999

PostPosted: 07/17/18 2:58 pm    ::: But the trolling is true! Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Shades trolling as usual Rolling Eyes

Laughing Surprised Very Happy

I'll take Parker over Stewart. I'm a Uconn fan. Stewart is excellent but she is a step behind Parker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: