RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

ROY

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should win Rookie of the Year?
Ariel Atkins
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Diamond DeShields
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Kelsey Mitchell
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Kia Nurse
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Victoria Vivians
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Gabby Williams
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
A'ja Wilson
80%
 80%  [ 29 ]
someone else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 36

Author Message
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 56667
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 6:56 am    ::: ROY Reply Reply with quote

Monday Poll time!



_________________
Accept certain inalienable truths:
prices will rise
politicians will philander
you too will get old
and when you do you'll fantasize that when you were young
prices were reasonable
politicians were noble
and children respected their elders
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 16729



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All ROOKIE TEAM
G: K. Mitchell
G: Nurse
F: Atkins
F: DeSheilds
F/C: Wilson



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 6603
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who voted for Gabby ? Laughing Jw



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16994
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rookie Stats (as of July 9, 2018)
http://www.wnba.com/stats/player-stats/#?Season=2018&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerExperience=Rookie&sort=PTS&dir=1

Kia Nurse's numbers have taken a dip, while Azurá Stevens's stats are rising.


Richyyy



Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 20275
Location: London


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Rookie Stats (as of July 9, 2018)
http://www.wnba.com/stats/player-stats/#?Season=2018&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerExperience=Rookie&sort=PTS&dir=1

Kia Nurse's numbers have taken a dip, while Azurá Stevens's stats are rising.

Vivians could easily take her spot on that theoretical all-rookie team as well. Nurse has virtually disappeared since that hot start.



_________________
Independent WNBA coverage: http://www.wnbalien.com/
CamrnCrz1974



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 16994
Location: Phoenix


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Rookie Stats (as of July 9, 2018)
http://www.wnba.com/stats/player-stats/#?Season=2018&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerExperience=Rookie&sort=PTS&dir=1

Kia Nurse's numbers have taken a dip, while Azurá Stevens's stats are rising.

Vivians could easily take her spot on that theoretical all-rookie team as well. Nurse has virtually disappeared since that hot start.


Vivians did not have an outside shot to speak of before her senior season, when she turned into a three-point threat. She has continued her shooting prowess into the WNBA, averaging over 40 percent three on nearly 5 attempts per game. She is also shooting over 95 percent from the line, albeit on only 1.3 attempts per game).

She needs to improve her rebounding (especially at her height), but she and Mitchell are tremendous bright spots for Indiana. Tiffany Mitchell still cannot shoot and is not a good passer to be a lead guard. And Dupree is at the end of her career, so Indiana needs a replacement for her, plus another solid post player/center (Achonwa is a great complementary player, but Indiana needs more star power).

Imagine what a pass first PG or a true playmaker from the point could do for Indiana.


PUmatty



Joined: 10 Nov 2004
Posts: 14293
Location: Chicago


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/09/18 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Rookie Stats (as of July 9, 2018)
http://www.wnba.com/stats/player-stats/#?Season=2018&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PlayerExperience=Rookie&sort=PTS&dir=1

Kia Nurse's numbers have taken a dip, while Azurá Stevens's stats are rising.

Vivians could easily take her spot on that theoretical all-rookie team as well. Nurse has virtually disappeared since that hot start.


Vivians did not have an outside shot to speak of before her senior season, when she turned into a three-point threat. She has continued her shooting prowess into the WNBA, averaging over 40 percent three on nearly 5 attempts per game. She is also shooting over 95 percent from the line, albeit on only 1.3 attempts per game).

She needs to improve her rebounding (especially at her height), but she and Mitchell are tremendous bright spots for Indiana. Tiffany Mitchell still cannot shoot and is not a good passer to be a lead guard. And Dupree is at the end of her career, so Indiana needs a replacement for her, plus another solid post player/center (Achonwa is a great complementary player, but Indiana needs more star power).

Imagine what a pass first PG or a true playmaker from the point could do for Indiana.


It's too bad they don't still have Clarendon, who could have nicely fit with the pieces. Add Kalani Brown next year, and that could be a really nice set of players.

That's assuming K Mitchell eventually looks a lot better than she has lately, and I expect that she will.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin