RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

Mercury @ Wings - 7/10/18

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Mercury
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Wings
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author Message
Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49320



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/08/18 4:29 pm    ::: Mercury @ Wings - 7/10/18 Reply Reply with quote

Arlington, TX - 8:00 PM ET
TV: FSSW-DAL+, FSAZ+

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180710/PHODAL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018897



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a statement game for Dallas...We need to show Phoenix and the rest of the league that we are legit contenders...Getting some separation from Conn,ATL,LV,and Chi would also good.




Last edited by zune69 on 07/10/18 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Statement game for Fred's wardrobe too



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

32-19 Dallas after one quarter



FemmeFatale



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 292



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like this version of the Wings, they actually play some kind of defense Laughing


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18373



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I miss Lyttle.

Also, who started?



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix really misses Sancho.....Little's not even a good rotation player at this point.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why has Taurasi barely played?



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
FemmeFatale



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 292



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Why has Taurasi barely played?


They said she had some type of illness.


Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1159



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn what a move by Skylar to go reserve on BG & score


mercfan3



Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 18373



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Why has Taurasi barely played?


She looked like she was gonna puke, then she went to the locker room, so..

And I agree, we need to start Turner instead, and move Bonner to the 4 for a majority of the time.

But it doesn’t matter if Diana can’t really play.



_________________
“Anyone point out that a Donald Trump anagram is ‘Lord Dampnut’”- Colin Mochrie
Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1159



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Statement game for Fred's wardrobe too
Taj is making her own fashion statement too with the dress looking like she's ready for a royal wedding.


SCook



Joined: 09 Oct 2013
Posts: 2266
Location: New Jersey


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dee is sick

Sancho is out

That means we become 2015 Phx all over again and BG and DB become the offense until Diana gets healthier.



_________________
In La'Kech: I Am You. You Are Me. We Are Us
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

59-39 Dallas at the half.



Libra_Girl



Joined: 12 Jul 2013
Posts: 1159



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im sorry but these kind if screens are dangerous with the potential for a serious injury they should be consider a f1 or f2.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Im sorry but these kind if screens are dangerous with the potential for a serious injury they should be consider a f1 or f2.

The Dallas announcer guy has had a bee in his bonnet about that for a couple of games now.
I don't get it. A defender should be allowed to stand still on the basketball court.
If a player wants to run around at speed, it's up to them to watch where they are going. No one has a right to run around backwards and expect everyone else to have to get out of their way.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.


Same after reviewing the schedule i expect 21-23 Wins. May be good enough for a 3 or 4 seed possibly 2!



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how the hell was that not a F1 on Bonner? This crew is embarrassing as fuck.


ChicagoAnnie



Joined: 04 Sep 2009
Posts: 8407
Location: Ghost River Triangle


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

every time Liz falls, I cringe a little... Laughing


Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not tonight, Phoenix.
- Skylar



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar is the best PG in the league currently !





.......YES thats a statement.........



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

80-56 Dallas after 3.



zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skylar is the best PG in the league currently !


+1


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outside of Mitchell...The Mercury's bench is garbage.


tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6808



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57515
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


Karima Christmas...



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
FemmeFatale



Joined: 16 Feb 2015
Posts: 292



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


I would say a healthy Glory Johnson, who is one of the few players in the league that can average a double-double.


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17633



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gulich really needs to be getting more playing time, especially with Lyttle out.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


Glory Johnson...Career 13.2p/8.3r....2 time All-star...and only 27 years old......Yeah,Bonner has the edge on Glory....But what about players 4-thru 9?.....Dallas has 9 players that are capable of scoring 10+ pts...How many does Phoenix have?...6?..without Sancho..5?..and the Wings are only getting better.

Phoenix is in trouble.They have no depth.


Mojo



Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 89
Location: Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


Glory Johnson...Career 13.2p/8.3r....2 time All-star...and only 27 years old......Yeah,Bonner has the edge on Glory....But what about players 4-thru 9?.....Dallas has 9 players that are capable of scoring 10+ pts...How many does Phoenix have?...6?..without Sancho..5?..and the Wings are only getting better.

Phoenix is in trouble.They have no depth.


Zune, I agree with you, but when Taurasi is on the court she has the capability to take out Cambage with two fouls in 11 seconds (previous game). Dallas is in the process of melding a young team. I love this team. LA has interesting depth as does Connecticut and Dallas. After the starters, Glory, Skylar, Liz, Gray, you've got Thornton, Stevens, Powers, and by the time you get to Davis, Plaisance yet to come... yeah, I'm a big time fan, except for Fred I will ease off on Fred when he produces a 20 game winner team. Tonight's game was a good example of team contribution play


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/10/18 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mojo wrote:
zune69 wrote:
tfan wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.



Who is the 3rd best player on Dallas?


Glory Johnson...Career 13.2p/8.3r....2 time All-star...and only 27 years old......Yeah,Bonner has the edge on Glory....But what about players 4-thru 9?.....Dallas has 9 players that are capable of scoring 10+ pts...How many does Phoenix have?...6?..without Sancho..5?..and the Wings are only getting better.

Phoenix is in trouble.They have no depth.


Zune, I agree with you, but when Taurasi is on the court she has the capability to take out Cambage with two fouls in 11 seconds (previous game). Dallas is in the process of melding a young team. I love this team. LA has interesting depth as does Connecticut and Dallas. After the starters, Glory, Skylar, Liz, Gray, you've got Thornton, Stevens, Powers, and by the time you get to Davis, Plaisance yet to come... yeah, I'm a big time fan, except for Fred I will ease off on Fred when he produces a 20 game winner team. Tonight's game was a good example of team contribution play


As long as Dallas keeps blowing teams out,we won't have to worry about Fred making tough decisions.I'll give Fred his credit when Dallas wins a round in the playoffs.


Davis4632



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 386



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.


Same after reviewing the schedule i expect 21-23 Wins. May be good enough for a 3 or 4 seed possibly 2!


You really think the Wings can win 10-12 more games? They are 11-8 now and their next two games are on the road against the Sparks and the Storm. I just looked at rest of their remaining schedule, and I think they have a shot at winning 19 or 20 games.


zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Dallas is one of the top 3 most talented teams in the league...20+ wins should be a given....I expect 22+ wins.


Same after reviewing the schedule i expect 21-23 Wins. May be good enough for a 3 or 4 seed possibly 2!


You really think the Wings can win 10-12 more games? They are 11-8 now and their next two games are on the road against the Sparks and the Storm. I just looked at rest of their remaining schedule, and I think they have a shot at winning 19 or 20 games.


Why not?....There's 15 games left in the season...Glory/Powers are coming off of injuries.They're only getting stronger...Gray/Stevens are only getting better.


Code:
Player           First 10 gms      Last 9 gms
Gray:              8.2 ppg          10.8 ppg
Stevens:           5.4 ppg          11.6 ppg


Stevens has reached double digits in 7 of her last 9 gms.Gray has reached double digits in 5 of her last 9 gms,and scored 9 pts twice during that stretch...I hate to say this,but the injuries to Christmas,Johnson and Powers was a blessing..It's forced Fred to play Stevens more minutes.


Shades



Joined: 10 Jul 2006
Posts: 49320



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this a legal play? You can’t be distracting Griner like that.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4



_________________
Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57515
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Is this a legal play? You can’t be distracting Griner like that.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4


Why did the Merc only have two people in the block?



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
ClayK



Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 9294



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So where's the "Fred's-an-idiot" chorus today?



_________________
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā
Luuuc



Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 18786



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Is this a legal play? You can’t be distracting Griner like that.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4


Why did the Merc only have two people in the block?


Exactly what I was wondering when I was watching that happen live. It's such a fundamental thing.



_________________
Seems rike no one takes me serirousreee
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
Is this a legal play? You can’t be distracting Griner like that.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1016847100145909760/pu/vid/1280x720/-VtGyQR46TOhhJS2.mp4


Why did the Merc only have two people in the block?


Because Brondello's an idiot...Not just for the mediocre coaching job that she's done,but for the terrible job she's done as the VPPP(Vice President of Player Personal)

1.Traded Harrison & the 5th pk in 2017 draft for D.Robinson(Coming of major injury)

2.Traded D.Robinson for B.January(Coming off Injury)...and traded the 8th pk for minnesota's 12th pk as part of the deal...Why are you trading down to get a player who's coming of an injury?...Phoenix could've drafted Vivians,Brown,Nurse,or Vadeeva......But knowing Brondello,I doubt that any of the aforementioned players would have seen much playing time.

3.Traded Courtney Williams,J.Alleyne, & a 2017 2nd rd pk(13th overall) to Connecticut for K.Bone.

4.Traded C.Dupree for Camille Little and J.Alleyne.

5.Didn't give Alexis Prince a fair chance even when she played well.

Imagine if Phoenix had Dupree,Williams,Harrison,the #5 pk from the 2017 draft,and the #8 pk from the 2018 draft?

G-Mitchell
G-Taurasi
C-Griner
F-Dupree
F-Bonner
6-Williams
7-Harrison
8-#5 pk 2017(Sykes,Coffey,Davis,Jones)
9-#8 pk 2018(Vivians,Brown,Nurse,Vadeeva)
10-Sign Veteran post
11-Sign veteran PG
12-Sign vetetan wing or post

Phoenix would've had 4 Rookie scale contracts.That would have left plenty of money to sign 3 veteran bench players.

Just a terrible job by Phoenix.




Last edited by zune69 on 07/11/18 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
So where's the "Fred's-an-idiot" chorus today?


Dallas arguably has the best center in the league,the best PG in the league,a double-double machine in Johnson,plus multiple lottery picks...When it come to talent,Dallas is top 3 in the league.The Wings should be better than 11-8...Coach Williams will get his credit when Dallas wins playoff series/round.

Also,I believe Phillips and McWilliams are the main reasons why Cambage has played so great.


WNBA 09



Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 7565
Location: Dallas , Texas


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
So where's the "Fred's-an-idiot" chorus today?


Dallas arguably has the best center in the league,the best PG in the league,a double-double machine in Johnson,plus multiple lottery picks...When it come to talent,Dallas is top 3 in the league.The Wings should be better than 11-8...Coach Williams will get his credit when Dallas wins playoff series/round.

Also,I believe Phillips and McWilliams are the main reasons why Cambage has played so great.


Ill sing praise for Fred once we win 5 or 6 games in a row along with winning a close game down the stretch mixed with a playoff win . Until then Drop Dead lives. We got lucky last night with DT going out . Im not harping on that victory . We will see Thursday if we are seriously for real this time.



_________________
3-Time WNBA Champion-3-Time National Champion-4-Time Olympic Champion....And Yes DT "We Got Confeti" lol
zune69



Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 7169



Back to top
PostPosted: 07/11/18 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
ClayK wrote:
So where's the "Fred's-an-idiot" chorus today?


Dallas arguably has the best center in the league,the best PG in the league,a double-double machine in Johnson,plus multiple lottery picks...When it come to talent,Dallas is top 3 in the league.The Wings should be better than 11-8...Coach Williams will get his credit when Dallas wins playoff series/round.

Also,I believe Phillips and McWilliams are the main reasons why Cambage has played so great.


Ill sing praise for Fred once we win 5 or 6 games in a row along with winning a close game down the stretch mixed with a playoff win . Until then Drop Dead lives. We got lucky last night with DT going out . Im not harping on that victory . We will see Thursday if we are seriously for real this time.

+1

Dallas should beat a Taurasi-less Mercury team.


Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin