Storm
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Dream
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Shades

PostPosted: 07/05/18 2:05 pm    ::: Storm @ Dream - 7/06/18 Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta, GA - 7:00 PM ET
TV: Fox Sports Southeast-Atlanta

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180706/SEAATL/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018889

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 07/06/18 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should be an easy win for Seattle.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/18 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Like the last time the two teams met? I wonder if this will be one of Bird's nights off.

BTW - Dream at full strength but IMS still a "probable" starter. Odd how she moved past Williams though in the first two games of this experiment she has played better than Williams was playing.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Dream at full strength but IMS still a "probable" starter. Odd how she moved past Williams though in the first two games of this experiment she has played better than Williams was playing.

That can't be, I thought McGee-Stafford was awful. Shocked

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Like the last time the two teams met?

Since then Atl 4-5, Sea 8-2.

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:
Dream at full strength but IMS still a "probable" starter. Odd how she moved past Williams though in the first two games of this experiment she has played better than Williams was playing.

Guess you would prefer a post shooting 39%; and 5.7 points, 5.4 reb. Anyway, I said it was an experiment......

Randy

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Like the last time the two teams met?

Since then Atl 4-5, Sea 8-2.

But in the last 10 games Altanta is 5-5. (There is a hidden meaning here. Razz )

pilight

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

She's made some progress, and Williams was a little overrated anyway

PostPosted: 07/06/18 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Randy wrote:

Guess you would prefer a post shooting 39%; and 5.7 points, 5.4 reb. Anyway, I said it was an experiment......

Very Happy

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/06/18 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if you didn't think she was great before, Williams's numbers are staggeringly terrible this season. A 49% shooter dropping to 39%, halving her scoring output, even shooting 39% from the free throw line and dropping off on the glass. Maybe she's not been healthy, or maybe she's fit in really badly to whatever Collen's trying to do, but it's been freaking ugly one way or another.

PostPosted: 07/06/18 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then there was the weird one game disappearance, the sudden promotion of IMS (who was seldom playing) to starter for 2 games, and now its Liz again. Pretty strange. Confused

Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/06/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And then every couple of games, at some random point, Collen will remember that Billings exists and chuck her in. Honestly, the most amazing thing about Atlanta's season is that they're somehow .500. I'm not sure how that's happened.

PostPosted: 07/06/18 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seattle should make a move for IMS....There's a good chance that Seattle will run into Griner/Fowles/Cambage during the playoffs.They're gonna need more size at the center position.

2019 1st rd pk for IMS......Atlanta would probably make this trade

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle should make a move for IMS....There's a good chance that Seattle will run into Griner/Fowles/Cambage during the playoffs.They're gonna need more size at the center position.

They can't really do that, can they? Since Minnesota already has the rights to that pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SEA is doing fine... a little too fine for my taste. They already have Russell for free, and she’s like IMS a couple years behind in development. SEA might as well keep that first round pick, which could be decent.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/06/18 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:
zune69 wrote:

They can't really do that, can they? Since Minnesota already has the rights to that pick.

Minnesota doesn't own the pick.they have the rights to swap picks.

Shades wrote:
SEA is doing fine... a little too fine for my taste. They already have Russell for free, and she’s like IMS a couple years behind in development. SEA might as well keep that first round pick, which could be decent.

Bird isn't getting any younger.Seattle doesn't have time to wait for Russell.They need to go for the jugular this season.

Dallas and LV are one player away from being title contenders imo.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas needs more players to make up for the coach? What player do they need?

I think LVA could use a prominent center, but they should definitely go for the playoffs.

If your concern is about Bird, her goal seems to be to go to the 2020 Olympics, so she’ll have to stay relevant in the WNBA for two more years for that to happen.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/06/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Dallas needs to trade 1 or 2 players for a starter.Then get a top 6 pick in next years draft....The wings have too many PF's imo (Johnson,Stevens,Thornton)...and not enough shooters.....However,If our shooters got hot for a series,winning the Championship this season wouldn't be out of the question.

Shades wrote:
If your concern is about Bird, her goal seems to be to go to the 2020 Olympics, so she’ll have to stay relevant in the WNBA for two more years for that to happen.

@ S.Bird playing in another Olympics?.... if Diggins or Gray gets passed over for Bird,I'll be really upset.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/07/18 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
zune69

PostPosted: 07/07/18 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Teams with the highest chances of winning the Championship imo..In no order:

Minnesota
Los Angeles
Seattle
Phoenix

Sleeper-Dallas

toad455

PostPosted: 07/07/18 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Minnesota
Los Angeles
Seattle
Phoenix

Sleeper-Dallas

I see it as:

Los Angeles
Phoenix
Seattle
Connecticut
Minnesota
Dallas
Washington

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Minnesota
Los Angeles
Seattle
Phoenix

Sleeper-Dallas

I see it as:

Los Angeles
Phoenix
Seattle
Connecticut
Minnesota
Dallas
Washington

Yes,Washington and Connecticut are also sleepers.....Although,I have my concerns about both teams:

Washington-Takes a high number of 3's/Low assist/No real post presence.

Connecticut-The decline of Jones/The health of Thomas.

Dallas is also a high 3 point shooting,low assist basketball team..But they have a dominant post player.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/07/18 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
pilight

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
And then every couple of games, at some random point, Collen will remember that Billings exists and chuck her in. Honestly, the most amazing thing about Atlanta's season is that they're somehow .500. I'm not sure how that's happened.

Collen is having the same rookie head coach problems as Katie Smith, and really the same that face almost all first time head coaches. Sandy Brondello looked lost in her first season in San Antonio. Cheryl Reeve led Seimone Augustus, Lindsay Whalen, and Rebekkah Brunson to 13-21 in her first season. It takes some time to get used to the rhythm and speed of the game from the #1 chair.

PostPosted: 07/07/18 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Collen is having the same rookie head coach problems as Katie Smith, and really the same that face almost all first time head coaches. Sandy Brondello looked lost in her first season in San Antonio. Cheryl Reeve led Seimone Augustus, Lindsay Whalen, and Rebekkah Brunson to 13-21 in her first season. It takes some time to get used to the rhythm and speed of the game from the #1 chair.

Yeah, very fair. Although sometimes it doesn't get much better. I'm still not sure that Amber Stocks knows what she's doing.

PostPosted: 07/07/18 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Yeah, very fair. Although sometimes it doesn't get much better. I'm still not sure that Amber Stocks knows what she's doing.

I'm not ready get down on Collen yet, but some things are becoming clear now that we are at the halfway mark. Tip, Angel and Sykes (and maybe Montgomery) are the only ones having "good" or at least "decent" seasons compared to prior years. Williams, Clarendon, Dantas, and Breland are all at or near career worst years in categories like FG%, FT%. scoring, minutes, etc. About the only bright spot is Breland's rebounding and defensive numbers (which is absolutely necessary considering everything else.) In most categories the team as a whole is now worse than last season Dream are being out scored, out rebounded, out shot from 2 and 3 and the line, and trail opponents in assists. Dream are planing somewhat better defense - getting more steals, forcing more TO,s more blocks and have held opponents FG% down. However, in FG% - the Dream themselves have dropped more than opponents.

My conclusion is that a lot of the players just don't get the system, esp. on the offensive end of the court. I"m afraid it is due to the fact that players who flourished under the old regime in many cases don't fit in the new one - Clarendon being a prime example, though the seems true of Williams and Dantas. IMS is a mystery no matter who is coach, so I leave her out. I expect the team will grab one of the last playoff spots and and make a quick exit. if so, I would not be surprised to see a house cleaning next year with several players looking for change of address kits.

Cooper's style seemed to let players play their own game and some of them did well for themselves. Of course, that didn't work out so well the second half of the season, but then he didn't have Angel around last year either. Collen has gotten more effort I think on defense, but the team is a far away from having a real half court game as they have ever been.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/07/18 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

They need more talent to match the more talented teams. Dallas has no National Team members (Cambage would not have beat out Fowles or Griner if American). Lynx have 4 and Mercury and Storm have 2.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: