RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Catchings appointed to Indianapolis Airport Authority Board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/02/18 1:15 pm    ::: Catchings appointed to Indianapolis Airport Authority Board Reply Reply with quote

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/2018/07/02/tamika-catchings-appointed-indianapolis-airport-authority-board/751295002/

Quote:
Like many others on the board, Catchings was tapped not for her expertise in the aviation industry, but for contributions as a community leader with global experience who has excelled in her profession.

PostPosted: 07/02/18 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love Catch, but fail to see how her experience qualifies her for this type of appointment. It looks purely political. Hopefully there are others on the board who actually know about aviation.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 07/02/18 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Love Catch, but fail to see how her experience qualifies her for this type of appointment. It looks purely political. Hopefully there are others on the board who actually know about aviation.

Actually, there is some history of this happening already. Roger Brown the recognized Indiana Pacer GOAT, served on the Indianapolis City Council after he quit playing. Dave Bing was elected Mayor of Detroit and Kevin Johnson was elected Mayor of Sacramento. Tom McMillan served as a US Senator.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/03/18 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Actually, there is some history of this happening already. Roger Brown the recognized Indiana Pacer GOAT, served on the Indianapolis City Council after he quit playing. Dave Bing was elected Mayor of Detroit and Kevin Johnson was elected Mayor of Sacramento. Tom McMillan served as a US Senator.

...or Tamara James being elected as Mayor of Dania Beach, FLA, or Sonja Henning being elected to Portland (Oregon) School Board.

PostPosted: 07/03/18 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like basketball is as good of a background for politics as anything. I think it is a good thing - they can't all be TV game analysts.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/03/18 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems natural IMO that Tamikaze would be drawn to aviation

PostPosted: 07/05/18 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given the number of airports that she's been in and the length of time she's most likely spent waiting around for flights, I'd think that there are a lot of things that she could bring to the board.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Randy

PostPosted: 07/05/18 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that whatever the job entails Catchings will do the work needed to do it well.

I do have to say though I am a bit puzzled as to what her job with the Pacers actually includes. We've seen he do broadcasts (both college and WNBA), read about her Tea Shop and now this, but haven't heard much about her Pacers job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: