Dream
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Lynx
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

Shades

PostPosted: 06/28/18 2:48 pm    ::: Dream @ Lynx - 6/29/18 Reply Reply with quote

Minneapolis, MN - 8:00 PM ET
TV: NBA TV

Video:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com
https://www.foxsportsgo.com/

Game page:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20180629/ATLMIN/

ESPN Gamecast:
http://m.espn.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=401018872

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hayes is questionable and WIllaims is 'not with team" according to the Game Notes. Have no idea what is going on with Williams. In any case, this does not seem like the most ideal situation possible for the Dream to be playing the resurgent Lynx w/o 2 starters.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Hayes is questionable and WIllaims is 'not with team" according to the Game Notes. Have no idea what is going on with Williams. In any case, this does not seem like the most ideal situation possible for the Dream to be playing the resurgent Lynx w/o 2 starters.

They're not beating the Lynx in Minnesota right now even at full strength, so if they're going to be missing players then it might as well be for this game rather than one where their absence actually makes a difference. Maybe it even helps for this game. Their best chance is if the Lynx don't take the game seriously, a la the 2012 Finals.

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by zune69 on 06/29/18 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

39-36 MIN at the half

Fowles 11 pts, 10 reb, 1 stl

Imani McGee-Stafford 9 pts, 1 reb, 1 blk

zune69

PostPosted: 06/29/18 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Imani McGee-Stafford 9 pts, 1 reb, 1 blk

IMS has upside.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/29/18 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not a surprising outcome. Good thing we beat the old ladies before they took their Geritol.

You have to wonder why Lucas is on the team if she never sees any action even when the game is no longer in doubt. Still not sold on Dietirck, but she maybe she is an asset.

Another off night for Angel. Not sure what the problem is there.

IMS looked terrible getting 3 stupid fouls just like that, but did manage to come up with a pretty decent game though in a lot cases players just found her at the right time and place. Still she did manage to finish which has not always been the case with her or any of our posts for that matter. Dantas had a good game too. Sykes finally found her shot at least for a while.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 06/29/18 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maggie's Drawers... She should be selling real estate or making ice cream back at Penn State, I'll have the chocolate mint chip please...

Randy

PostPosted: 06/29/18 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Maggie's Drawers... She should be selling real estate or making ice cream back at Penn State, I'll have the chocolate mint chip please...

She could intern at Angel's ice cream store I guess.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/29/18 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry but Angels got to go...ATL needs to move in a different direction.

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 06/30/18 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Not a surprising outcome. Good thing we beat the old ladies before they took their Geritol.

You have to wonder why Lucas is on the team if she never sees any action even when the game is no longer in doubt. Still not sold on Dietirck, but she maybe she is an asset.

IMS looked terrible getting 3 stupid fouls just like that, but did manage to come up with a pretty decent game though in a lot cases players just found her at the right time and place. Still she did manage to finish which has not always been the case with her or any of our posts for that matter. Dantas had a good game too. Sykes finally found her shot at least for a while.

that win does not mean a lot now because atlanta is below the lynx in the standings

PostPosted: 06/30/18 1:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

My theory about IMS is she needs minutes to produce and needs to work through her mistakes in games where she starts or get 20 plus minutes she does OK (as in her rookies season in Chicago), but with better player in front of her when not injured she simply isn't afford the luxury of being able to start or stay on the floor when she screws up and this messes with her confidence and creates the downward spiral.

It is pretty similar to Zahui B in NY, with Stokes still injured and Vaughn not killing it Zahui B is getting good minutes and her production has gone way up.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/30/18 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The dream need a healthy Hayes back in the starting line-up

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Randy

PostPosted: 06/30/18 7:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Randy wrote:

My theory about IMS is she needs minutes to produce and needs to work through her mistakes in games where she starts or get 20 plus minutes she does OK (as in her rookies season in Chicago), but with better player in front of her when not injured she simply isn't afford the luxury of being able to start or stay on the floor when she screws up and this messes with her confidence and creates the downward spiral.

It is pretty similar to Zahui B in NY, with Stokes still injured and Vaughn not killing it Zahui B is getting good minutes and her production has gone way up.

There are a lot of players that need to play consistent minutes to be effective. On the Dream I'd say that the decline of Clarendon and Sykes from last year for ex is due to their no longer being starters. IMS never knows when she is going to play so she never really gets going in most games. I suspect one problem is that these kinds of players are always looking over their shoulders worried that they will be yanked if they miss a shot or make a mistake. Hard to play with that on your mind. I think the argument could be made that Clarendon should be starting over Montgomery because she is a better passer, penetrator and defender. However, the coach wants a pg that can shoot 3's which is hard to argue with. Of course, Sykes is not going to be starting over Angel, so that's a given. I'd rather IMS be given a chance for 5-7 games to start and show what she can do. For whatever reason, Williams hasn't been playing well this year, and I'm not sure IMS could do worse.

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/30/18 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel McCoughtry still has the skills, but the passion seems to be gone.

She used to play as if every game, every possession, was life or death. Now she seems to play like it's her job and she wants to do her job well.

PostPosted: 06/30/18 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Angel McCoughtry still has the skills, but the passion seems to be gone.

She used to play as if every game, every possession, was life or death. Now she seems to play like it's her job and she wants to do her job well.

She was the latest player of the week and had monster stats in a recent game.

I remember she also hit the game-winning shot in the victory over the Lynx earlier in the season.

I think it’s there’s a lot there yet. It’s just that beating the Lynx in their house without your starting center and both your guards being a bit gimpy is a really tall order.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/30/18 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kind of like this Angel better.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/30/18 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also think Angel trusts Hayes, so she is willing to share or even defer to her so it is no surprise when Tiff is out Angel decides to go back to dominating the ball.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/30/18 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the Dream dont want Imani LA will kindly take her off your hands.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/30/18 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

For Sims?

Most people hate poetry
Randy

PostPosted: 06/30/18 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

For Sims?

Sparks fans are probably thinking we'd give her up for Cappie's phone number or maybe Samuelson. Razz

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/30/18 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

For Sims?

Sparks fans are probably thinking we'd give her up for Cappie's phone number or maybe Samuelson. Razz

As a NY fan I will offer guard/wing of your choice excluding Nurse

even though some might see it as an over pay take your pick

Prince, Rodgers, Hartley, Boyd or Zellous, or Coleman or R. Allen (and we'll throw in our 2nd round pick in 19 if you pick either Coleman or Allen).

We simply have enough other options that losing one of those players for a kind of young 6'7" post even an inconsistent one is worth the risk IMO.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/30/18 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

For Sims?

I was thinking more along the line of Weise. ATL can use a shooter.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 06/30/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

For Sims?

Just Cappie's phone # we like Karlie in LA lol. Imani might be a nice fit in LA & Sparks can use some size.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/30/18 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think we look up Cappie's number in the phone book. Think we will pass on that generous offer. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: