Mystics
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 22

Randy

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If not for the 4 free points they got (ball missing the rim at end of shot clock before EDD got fouled), Toliver travel before the questionable foul on Sanders...that 3 and the foul or whatever isn't even in play. I'm pretty disgusted. Forgetting the ridiculous one-sided nature of the rest of the game, professional refs shouldn't miss those calls. The shot clock one was especially obvious and I'd think at least one ref would be watching the ball and would have heard the clock buzzer. I heard it.

The refs don't need to watch the ball when EDD is shooting because it counts regardless of whether it actually goes in

I'm trying to remember - didn't Angel hit the game winning last second shot in the infamous game where EDD got 2 points on a miss?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
If not for the 4 free points they got (ball missing the rim at end of shot clock before EDD got fouled), Toliver travel before the questionable foul on Sanders...that 3 and the foul or whatever isn't even in play. I'm pretty disgusted. Forgetting the ridiculous one-sided nature of the rest of the game, professional refs shouldn't miss those calls. The shot clock one was especially obvious and I'd think at least one ref would be watching the ball and would have heard the clock buzzer. I heard it.

The refs don't need to watch the ball when EDD is shooting because it counts regardless of whether it actually goes in

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
That was a long 0.6. Un-freaking real.

Looks like the clock started the instant the ball hit her hand, and she definitely got it off in time. Great shot.

Yeah looking at it again I think you're right. Libs' fault too. You can't give a player, especially a great one, that clean a look with so little time left. Even if a guard runs at her maybe it distracts her or something. Pretty inexcusable from a defensive standpoint but that's the kind of year it's been.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And going back to the missed TRP shot at the end of the shot clock...honestly that's on the Libs' coaching staff as much as the refs. Laimbeer would have been up instantly and you can bet he would have gotten that review. Any other coach would have been too. It's inexplicable. It was in front of their bench and nowhere near the rim. I saw it right away. On TV. None of them did?

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/28/18 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
vallee

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree that the officiating was not at a professional level.
We're beginning to think that the numbers on the back of the refs jerseys is their score on the certification exam.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I could complain about the officiating till I turn blue. But there's one fact and a few opinions that I think border on fact. The Libs are now -109 FTA for the season. That disparity in a season is rare. To have it happen in 14 games has to be a record-setting pace. They're on pace to be around -260 for the season. As the coach, you've got to do something about it, and the solution is not always going to be telling your players they have to foul less. Which I've actually heard her say. Not to say that's what she is always doing. But I know what she's rarely doing. Questioning calls. Even obvious misses like the end of the shot clock tonight. She is clearly doing a terrible job of influencing the officiating.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I'm trying to remember - didn't Angel hit the game winning last second shot in the infamous game where EDD got 2 points on a miss?

Yep. You can see video of both plays here:

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/wnba-refs-award-made-basket-for-shot-the-clearly-did-no-1712779815

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/wnba-refs-award-made-basket-for-shot-the-clearly-did-no-1712779815

Thanks. That was quite a game. I don't think most fans knew about scoring problem (I certainly didn't) until after the game was over.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Thanks. That was quite a game. I don't think most fans knew about scoring problem (I certainly didn't) until after the game was over.

I knew something was wrong, but I didn't know what. They didn't put the points on the board until the next play stoppage.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Missed the game but just saw the final highlight and all i can think is it just continues to get worse for the liberty. On the bright side judging from the boxscore Kia Vaughn & Piph had a great game.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Missed the game but just saw the final highlight and all i can think is it just continues to get worse for the liberty. On the bright side judging from the boxscore Kia Vaughn & Piph had a great game.

You of all people should know that there's another P.P.otential bright side of losing a lot

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Laughing Laughing I swear once i read NYL Fans post i said someones going to bring up that invisible and one from EDD and most likely will be pilight! Laughing Wala Magic !

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Holdsclaw looks good here commentating. Shes always been a secret beauty with make up on! The Clawwwwww

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Holdsclaw looks good here commentating. Shes always been a secret beauty with make up on! The Clawwwwww

She's a really good commentator too and seems really comfortable in front of the TV camera. Usually relative newcomers to this sort of thing aren't that comfortable but she''s completely authentic. I'm glad she seems to have bounced back from some of her troubles. I think with something like bipolar disorder you never know for sure but it certainly seems as though she's got it together. For the most part, I like to see people get second chances (within reason of course) and she's one of those people that I'm happy for in that sense.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

She sounds a bit crazy.... Maya hasn't yet tapped into her talent?
MVP and 4 Championships. I think she tapped in.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You of all people should know that there's another P.P.otential bright side of losing a lot

Laughing Laughing Of courseeee But im more surprised of the start by NY i projected them to finish 4th or 5th with the talent they have . However i can most definitely relate to ALL Liberty fans and their emotions. Pretty much 2 teams same issues.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

She's a really good commentator too and seems really comfortable in front of the TV camera. Usually relative newcomers to this sort of thing aren't that comfortable but she''s completely authentic. I'm glad she seems to have bounced back from some of her troubles. I think with something like bipolar disorder you never know for sure but it certainly seems as though she's got it together. For the most part, I like to see people get second chances (within reason of course) and she's one of those people that I'm happy for in that sense.

Agreed id rather have her than katie douglas for sure. Familiar household name would be a great look for the W.

PostPosted: 06/28/18 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nvm

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/28/18 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How can you leave EDD so wide open on that last shot. Charles didnt even bother to avoid the screen and get free she just pointed to EDD and screamed to Kia to go to her Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Didn't recognize her for a second. All I could say is wow!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/29/18 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
How can you leave EDD so wide open on that last shot. Charles didnt even bother to avoid the screen and get free she just pointed to EDD and screamed to Kia to go to her Rolling Eyes

And had the nerve to be pissed at Kia afterwards as if it were her primary responsibility....smh

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

These comments are just not correct?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 06/29/18 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On a side note, thank god for League Pass.

This game, for me here in CT via DirecTV, was blacked out on both NBA TV and MSG+.

PostPosted: 06/29/18 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

And had the nerve to be pissed at Kia afterwards as if it were her primary responsibility....smh

Tina knew she couldn't make it around the screen in time, have to switch on that. Vaughn hesitated for a moment and that's all it took.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/29/18 8:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Tina knew she couldn't make it around the screen in time, have to switch on that. Vaughn hesitated for a moment and that's all it took.

I thought I was the only one that thought that was more on Vaughn than Charles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: