Skylar Diggins
48%
 48%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 50

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 3:28 pm    ::: Diggins or Gray? Reply Reply with quote

Just curious on what people think..

And please, this is not a personal slight or dig at one or the other, so don't take it personal. Laughing

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins is better, easy.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
Diggins is better, easy.

+1 But this is not Skylar's most liked board so im sure it will not result that way Laughing

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll take Skylar during the regular season...and Gray during the postseason.

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Gray won't take you to the post-season if she's your best player. Skylar will.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I love Skylar,but let's not pretend Dallas/Tulsa is a perennial 20 game winner.The Wings/Shock have squeaked into the playoffs two times(16-18...18-16)......Just look at Dallas right now.They have a .500 record despite having a 20p/6a pg and a 20p/10r center.

Gray's one of the top 3 pgs in the league...8 out of 12 teams make the playoffs...if Gray had a solid supporting cast,I could definitely see her leading a team to the postseason.....I'd still take Diggins...But let's not shortchange Gray.She's a big-time playoff performer.

Last edited by zune69 on 06/20/18 4:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Let's take a look the Shock/Wings playoff history since Diggins joined them:
2013 - didn't qualify
2014 - didn't qualify
2015 - lost in Conference Finals to Phoenix (I'll give Diggins credit, even though she was injured she was largely responsible for them starting the season very hot)
2016 - didn't qualify (I'll give her somewhat of pass, she was still recovering)
2017 - lost in the First Round to the Washington Mystics

IMO, looking at that playoff history I wouldn't say there's anything to suggest Diggins will get me to the playoffs as the best player and Gray won't..

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I love Skylar,but let's not pretend Dallas/Tulsa is a perennial 20 game winner.The Wings/Shock have squeaked into the playoffs two times(16-18...18-16)......Just look at Dallas right now.They have a .500 record despite having a 20p/6a pg and a 20p/10r center.

Gray's one of the top 3 pgs in the league...8 out of 12 teams make the playoffs...if Gray had a solid supporting cast,I could definitely see her leading a team to the postseason.....I'd still take Diggins...But let's not shortchange Gray.She's a big-time playoff performer.

She has the best Frontcourt in the WNBA along with the DPOY . Of course shes going to look like a genius PG . Swap the players and put Gray on Dallas and Skylar On LA . LA becomes a clear cut favorite while Dallas would most likely drop a tier IMO.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

2013 - didn't qualify
2014 - didn't qualify
2015 - lost in Conference Finals to Phoenix (I'll give Diggins credit, even though she was injured she was largely responsible for them starting the season very hot)
2016 - didn't qualify (I'll give her somewhat of pass, she was still recovering)

IMO, looking at that playoff history I wouldn't say there's anything to suggest Diggins will get me to the playoffs as the best player and Gray won't..

You sure thats our Playoff history ? Laughing

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

2013 - didn't qualify
2014 - didn't qualify

Ahhh you’re right, I was wrong on 2015, they lost in the semi finals to Phoenix and not the Conference Finals. That a was a big error. Mr. Green

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
She has the best Frontcourt in the WNBA along with the DPOY . Of course shes going to look like a genius PG.

Oh my, not the “you can plug any player into a great situation and they’ll look great to discredit Player A to make Player B look good” analogy.

And Diggins is arguably playing with one of the most dominant weapons in the game today, yet the Wings are .500.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Swap the players and put Gray on Dallas and Skylar On LA . LA becomes a clear cut favorite while Dallas would most likely drop a tier IMO.

They’re already the clear cut favorites with Gray, so I’m a little confused on how that’s an endorsement for Diggins.

Gray on the Wings is interesting, I think she’d get Johnson and Stevens better looks and more involved within the flow.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
zune69 wrote:

2013 - didn't qualify
2014 - didn't qualify

Ahhh you’re right, I was wrong on 2015, they lost in the semi finals to Phoenix and not the Conference Finals. That a was a big error. Mr. Green

Heyyy I actually liked the way it looked , so i was not going to disagree Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
She has the best Frontcourt in the WNBA along with the DPOY . Of course shes going to look like a genius PG.

Oh my, not the “you can plug any player into a great situation and they’ll look great to discredit Player A to make Player B look good” analogy.

And Diggins is arguably playing with one of the most dominant weapons in the game today, yet the Wings are .500.

WNBA 09 wrote:
Swap the players and put Gray on Dallas and Skylar On LA . LA becomes a clear cut favorite while Dallas would most likely drop a tier IMO.

They’re already the clear cut favorites with Gray, so I’m a little confused on how that’s an endorsement for Diggins.

Gray on the Wings is interesting, I think she’d get Johnson and Stevens better looks and more involved within the flow.

But shes Not Playing with an MVP , Another 2 Time MVP and a DPOY though.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Aladyyn wrote:
Diggins is better, easy.

+1 But this is not Skylar's most liked board so im sure it will not result that way Laughing

If you can't win a poll, undercut the validity of it. Are you a professional spinner?

~rAf
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar is the better point guard in every way, BUT Chelsea is the one with the ring!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team USA might be having the same conversation the next few months.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

But if Diggins is easily better than Gray while playing with a 6-8 phenomenon, shouldn’t they be a tad bit better? Hell, some people have Diggins and Cambage as being in the top 10 for MVP conversation while playing .500 basketball.

I don’t deny Gray being in a better situation for what it’s worth.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To me they’re equal. Gray benefits from her team but also defers some scoring as a result.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

But if Diggins is easily better than Gray while playing with a 6-8 phenomenon, shouldn’t they be a tad bit better? Hell, some people have Diggins and Cambage as being in the top 10 for MVP conversation while playing .500 basketball.

Gray, Diggins and Vandersloot are far and away the 3 best PG's. Jasmine Thomas is a GREAT fit in Connecticut. Chelsea, to me, is simply THE best. The US National Team would be extremely foolish to leave her out.

~rAf
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/20/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

Gray, Diggins and Vandersloot are far and away the 3 best PG's. Jasmine Thomas is a GREAT fit in Connecticut. Chelsea, to me, is simply THE best. The US National Team would be extremely foolish to leave her out.

Nice spin of your own. USA basketball favors diggins at the moment and leaving her out would be beyond foolish.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins seems to be ahead of Gray for Team USA ATM but they are including Gray in camps now. TBH there is room for both but if it becomes an either/or for specifically Whalens's spot I think it will be a close race. It helps that Diggins is a good defender and can play the 2 and that Gray has a decent three point shot and can guard the 1-3.

shontay33

PostPosted: 06/21/18 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It’s kind of difficult to say who is better. Gray is so clutch and has the ability and strength to create space with her body.( and a nasty crossover I might add). Diggins is a great scorer and is good at drawing fouls.
One could ask, if Gray were on Dallas last season with the team they had, would they have made it to the playoffs? If they did, how far would they have gotten? I mean, you can put Diggins on LA, and they still would have made a deep run with the personnel they had.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/21/18 8:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
One could ask, if Gray were on Dallas last season with the team they had, would they have made it to the playoffs?

The switch would have to cost Dallas five wins to make them miss the playoffs. Diggins may be better, but she's not five wins better. The Wings were one-and-done either way.

PostPosted: 06/21/18 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

WNBA 09 wrote:

If she was then she wouldnt average the numbers that she does now.
I think they are pretty equal. I think it comes down to what kind of PG you want for your team. IMO Gray is more looking to pass then Diggins. Less dribbling and looking for her own shot before involving Nneka or Parker. So i would like that more for the Storm after Bird retires

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 06/21/18 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In any event, Diggins is a welterweight and Gray is a light heavyweight so it should be a mismatch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: