50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Liberty
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

Randy

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He must be talking about regular season career high for Angel only - pretty sure she got more than that in a playoff game.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
He must be talking about regular season career high for Angel only - pretty sure she got more than that in a playoff game.

Yeah. She had 43 against us in 2010. 21 FTA I believe. Cappie had 36 in the same game.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An up and down game for New York, but we pulled it out. Tina was beasting it tonight, Boyd was amazing(11 assists) and Nurse & Zellous stepped up in the 2nd half. This was probably the best we've seen Vaughn play, though it's not saying much. Offensively she was terrible, but she got boards & played solid D. Prince was the only one to not play, and it does make you wonder if a trade is being worked out. Let's see if we can play better on Friday in Vegas.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

28+ minutes tonight for Kia Nurse. That's how it should be, rather than 18 minutes in each of the two awful Liberty games which preceded tonight's.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good point on Piph. I hadn’t considered that. I’m having trouble seeing what trades might be out there but that would be a good reason why she didn’t play.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
28+ minutes tonight for Kia Nurse. That's how it should be, rather than 18 minutes in each of the two awful Liberty games which preceded tonight's.

No question. And she’s a much better 3 point shooter than her current percentage. Once it starts falling again...

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Disappointed Zahui B only played 2 minutes. Would have liked Tina to get a little more rest and let AZB run with Boyd & Nurse.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/19/18 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Disappointed Zahui B only played 2 minutes. Would have liked Tina to get a little more rest and let AZB run with Boyd & Nurse.

I think they only had 2 points without Tina on the floor.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yeah. She had 43 against us in 2010. 21 FTA I believe. Cappie had 36 in the same game.

Actually, 42. I was at that game. Best battle between two star players I've ever seen.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Good point on Piph. I hadn’t considered that. I’m having trouble seeing what trades might be out there but that would be a good reason why she didn’t play.

Sorry Randy broken record

but I could see Prince in Atl (especially now that they are down two guards) she is friends with Angel and can give you more than Lucas or Dietrick on her worse day.

I would be looking at McGhee-Stafford but would take a 2nd round pick, which would allow us to bring in a post on the wire, because we need a 5th post either way.

LV for the Indy 2nd round pick they got for Alexander would be my other thought, but would hinge on Vegas deciding they want to make the playoffs and BL being a fan of Prince.

With that said I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that lack of playing time equals a trade.

Randy

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

IMS for Prince - Randy Approved.

2nd for Prince - Randy Approved.

Laughing As if it matters what I think.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The non-Angel Dream shot 24% from the floor and 14% from three. Out two-headed PG monster had two assists and nine turnovers.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I prefer Prince for Gulich.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/19/18 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
IMS for Prince - Randy Approved.

2nd for Prince - Randy Approved.

Laughing As if it matters what I think.

It might seem like selling low but IMS is in her 3rd year and is really big if it doesn't work so be it, but we're not trusting Zahui B and Vaughn is Vaughn missing sometime, OK others but still undersized, and Zahui B moves onto a veteran contract next season so having another post if we decide to move on can't hurt, and IMS is the only one close to the size of Cambage, Griner etc. The fact that she hasn't lived up to her potential is why she might be gettable.

The 2nd round pick will be in the 15-18 range there might be someone there next season who could make our team.

But the most important part is freeing up the log jam and defining roles

tonight we saw

Hartley
Zellous
Nurse
at 25 mpg

and
Boyd
Rodgers
Coleman
at 15 minutes per game

I think that would be a nice defined rotation going forward, with Boyd challenging Hartley for more minutes by scoring some points. But personally I like Hartley, I don't put too much blame for our struggles on her, she plays hard and has performed pretty well IMO, is she a top tier PG in the W? No, but she's decent at all aspects of the game, and with Zellous and Nurse as her counter parts we have a pretty gritty well rounded, two way 1 through 3.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Piph is still averaging one point every two minutes. She’s worth more than Boyette right now.

That said, I’d probably take the chance anyway.

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sort of had an epiphany the other day thinking about Prince. I realized she is the perfect player for the Dream. We need 3 point shooting to help us get to the playoffs, while her playoff history will ensure we exit the playoffs quickly before we can really get our hopes up too high only to be heart broken once again.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 06/19/18 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other thing Prince does for the dream is allow you to move on from both Dietrick and Lucas. With Prince and Hayes and Sykes returning soon enough you can move on from both deep bench guards and bring in another post from the wire (I'd go with Cannon, but you also have Burdick, Gray, Lewis, Hamblin, Hamson, Larkins, Bulgak, S. Thomas etc out there to choose from).

Atl

Montgomery/Clarendon/(Prince)
Hayes/Sykes/Prince
McCoughtry
Breland/Cannon/Billings
E. Williams/Dantas

(Is Atl only playing 11 or did I forget someone? NVM I did the math wrong you get to keep one of Lucas or Dietrick.) Now Atl is deep

NY

Hartley/Boyd
Zellous/Rodgers
Nurse/Coleman/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Vaughn/IMS

and NY has better balance

LibFan25

PostPosted: 06/20/18 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd was awesome tonight. If she ever can play under control like that with her speed and quickness, she would be a dangerous weapon for us.

I like the lineup Katie had out there in the 4th.
Boyd/Nurse/Rodgers/Stokes/Charles.

Defense Defense Defense and fastbreaks baby

tfan

PostPosted: 06/20/18 4:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cz9rzfbpYy0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 06/20/18 5:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so is stokes still hampered by some sort of foot injury, or has she further regressed?

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/20/18 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
so is stokes still hampered by some sort of foot injury, or has she further regressed?

Stokes seemed to be playing pretty well when Smith took her out in the 4th Quarter. Kiah acted perplexed. That suggests injury is not the reason for Kiah's decrease in minutes. Also, the fact that Katie keeps using the small lineup despite general ineffectiveness indicates she is intentionally avoiding her post players. Which brings us back to what I pointed out during training camp. If management was disappointed with Stokes last year, which means they would very possibly be unhappy with her this season, why give Kiah a contract extension before she played even one second of basketball? And I don't want to hear from fans saying that they personally like Kiah. How you feel is irrelevant. This is about illogical, inconsistent management behavior.

Except for the 4th Quarter, I thought New York looked pretty bad for most of the game. As NYL_WNBA_FAN pointed out, they only scored like 2 points while Charles was off the court. The team appeared listless and confused. That's why Boyd was effective -- her energy gave the walking dead a pulse. Also, Liberty players continue to have rebounds bounce off their hands. Is it butterfingers or are they simply not alert? Either way, it's killing the team.

PostPosted: 06/20/18 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
The other thing Prince does for the dream is allow you to move on from both Dietrick and Lucas. With Prince and Hayes and Sykes returning soon enough you can move on from both deep bench guards and bring in another post from the wire (I'd go with Cannon, but you also have Burdick, Gray, Lewis, Hamblin, Hamson, Larkins, Bulgak, S. Thomas etc out there to choose from).

Atl

Montgomery/Clarendon/(Prince)
Hayes/Sykes/Prince
McCoughtry
Breland/Cannon/Billings
E. Williams/Dantas

(Is Atl only playing 11 or did I forget someone? NVM I did the math wrong you get to keep one of Lucas or Dietrick.) Now Atl is deep

NY

Hartley/Boyd
Zellous/Rodgers
Nurse/Coleman/R. Allen
Charles/Zahui B
Stokes/Vaughn/IMS

and NY has better balance

Maybe Stokes for WIlliams would help both teams. For whatever reason, Stokes doesn't seem to be in the good graces of Smith and Williams has been struggling this year for unknown reasons. Perhaps a change of address would help both players and teams. Dream could use a more consistent rebounder and don't need any scoring. On the basis of past performances, the Liberty would be getting a better scoring post (though you can't prove it by this season.)

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/20/18 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Clarendon/Montgomery backcourt was almost epically bad ...

49 minutes, 6 for 22 from the field, two assists, nine turnovers, 10 fouls, five rebounds, one steal.

That's 35 negative plays (missed shots, TOs and fouls), and 12 positive ones.

Think the Dream miss Hayes?

PostPosted: 06/20/18 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
The Clarendon/Montgomery backcourt was almost epically bad ...

49 minutes, 6 for 22 from the field, two assists, nine turnovers, 10 fouls, five rebounds, one steal.

That's 35 negative plays (missed shots, TOs and fouls), and 12 positive ones.

Think the Dream miss Hayes?

One thing seems clear - Clarendon, WIlliams, Sykes and Dantas have regressed this season. Sykes and Clarendon are now bench players instead of starter but all of them are playing fewer minutes. Obviously, Angel was going to take up some minutes and move Sykes out of the starting line up and clearly the team is better for it. However, the team appears to be less than the sum of its parts now. It could be that Cooper's coaching style was better for individual players, but not for the w/l and there will be an adjustment period while the players figure our their roles in the new regime.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/20/18 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

Maybe Stokes for WIlliams would help both teams. For whatever reason, Stokes doesn't seem to be in the good graces of Smith and Williams has been struggling this year for unknown reasons. Perhaps a change of address would help both players and teams. Dream could use a more consistent rebounder and don't need any scoring. On the basis of past performances, the Liberty would be getting a better scoring post (though you can't prove it by this season.)

Interesting suggestion. That's one I haven't seen or thought of myself. It looks like Williams isn't even taking many shots. She only cracked ten once all season. The next highest total is 8 shots. It seems to be getting worse because EWill is only averaging 3.8 FGA in the last five games. Shocked Is this more about the coaching system/philosophy change or something about Williams personally?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: